ARES G36 vs CA G36

Cosmitz

Any way to difference between the old/new model? A link would be helpful.

New models are designated 2009 or blowback, depending on the store. Just going by pictures it is impossible to tell them apart from old models. Not even Classic Army mentions the difference on their site, but they do in their catalog. I certainly have tried them in person and they are quite improved over the old versions.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lemme quote Booligan from airsoftretreat:

More shops will be carrying ALL of the Ares G36 models soon. Ares has revised their G36 model with new features as well as with H&K licensing through Umarex, and it's taking a bit of time for everything to filter down the supply chain to the retailers. I'd keep an eye out in a month or so.
I'm having a bit of problems finding the SRC up for sale in shops... Any help?

Hi mate, the SRC G36's are available from Action Hobbies here in England

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/S-R-C_B23CY7.aspx

Im kinda torn between the ARES G36 and the SRC, am leaning more towards the ARES, even with its awful sights.

I found this red dot sight and thought it might make a good replacement for the useless red dot on the ARES G36 dual optic setup?

http://www.ebairsoft.com/tactical-zismv-ai...ser-p-2790.html

Also, Army Code used to do a full length, solid metal, G36 outer barrel kit but it seems to be discontinued, does anyone else make anything similar?

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...G003N_cat_Outer Barrel for AEG

Al

Really? I would of thought they'd of posted about it on the internet or something, the tavor thread in the review section does point out some small flaws but on the whole the responce seems to be positive, but there you go.

I'm guessing the replacement worked fine? That'd give them nothing to complain about.

There are a couple Umarex (ARES) G36 vids on Youtube.

Hi mate, the SRC G36's are available from Action Hobbies here in England

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/S-R-C_B23CY7.aspx

Im kinda torn between the ARES G36 and the SRC, am leaning more towards the ARES, even with its awful sights.

The actually sell a MG36 variant which i'd be jumping on.. if they would sell to international buyers... and if they took Paypal. -.-

I'm guessing the replacement worked fine? That'd give them nothing to complain about.

CA36 with blowback, TM G36 with blowback, ARES G36 with blowback. >.>

I've mentioned this before, I've not done it but I plan to, unless I sell my other g36, on ebay.de you can buy the hensoldt sight tubes, if you can remove the CA/ARES scope tube (not to hard) and slot the real one, I expect the hard part would be lining up the zeroing bits, you'd have the scope quality of a real g36 (which isn't great tbh) at a fraction of the price.

a poster called "URPeackeeper" has done extensive reviews of the SRC, have a look for them.

You rang? shiftyeyes.gif

I will definetly second the recommendation about the SRC's. Personally, I have a fond distaste for plastic guns as I've had bad luck with them (TM's in particular) and them breaking. I'm hard on equipment as you could say. But my SRC, my original phrase still stands: "Holy #### this thing is solid!" Compared to CA and the few STAR parts I and my former team leader (SilentVectorX, owner of far too many G36's to mention :D) have experienced, the SRC is not only competitivly priced but far nicer externally than either. Now, thats two opinions, one of which (not mine) is based on experience from just about every major brand G36 on the market, and he refuses to recommend any other G36's.

Some help, if you dont mind shipping from the US, is to search for TSD G36, as TeamSD imports SRC and ICS guns to the US and distributes them. You may be able to find them in other major US retaillers that do ship outside the US. Unfortunately the majority of those SRC's will be Gen II's, which is what I purchased (Vector purchased a Gen III From OnTarget Airsoft). There is nothing wrong with the Gen II's. The only difference is internally they made some pretty significant changes. Primarily a bearing spring guide to replace the weak stock spring guide, 8mm bearings and an optional M120 spring included in the packaging if you wish to upgrade to 400 FPS. Otherwise the guns are almost identical internally. Externally they are either the same or stupid similiar. I'm not exactly well versed in the finer details pertaining to plastic quality, but it is definetly some fiber reinforced nylon. It is very robust and sturdy! My only complaint about the entire SRC system is a known problem for all airsoft G36's, and thats the wobbly barrel. It's not bad, but it's enough that I can't stand it. Still not as bad as the TM M4 that I rented at a game which I could practically bend in half...

Some help, if you dont mind shipping from the US, is to search for TSD G36, as TeamSD imports SRC and ICS guns to the US and distributes them.

If you can give me a shop that actually stocks them, ships them internationally (not US-only), and have them decently priced.. i might be sold on the ideea. :)

UrPeaceKeeper, the video of the new ARES G36 shows it to have a full length metal(?) outer barrel, this surely should stop the barrel flex as seen on the other G36's?

:huh: The SRC also has a full length metal barrel and support, from hop up unit untill flash hider. At least mine does. The metal spine is there and it still wobbles. Not sure why to be honest.

EDIT: Cosmitz, I'll see if I can find a place for you when I get home from class.

Really? I would of thought they'd of posted about it on the internet or something, the tavor thread in the review section does point out some small flaws but on the whole the responce seems to be positive, but there you go.

Also, I'm guessing people wanted a tavor not cause they wanted a nice bullpup, but cause they wanted a tavor, and not a famas, aug, etc.

I've noticed that most continued STAR/ARES buyers, for some reason, do not like to appear stupid for continually throwing money at what are mostly overpriced, under designed and manufactured products. There is a reason why so many people were happy to wait for TSI's efforts and were so monumentally disappointed, because they simply wasn't going to buy STAR.

I'm sure some STAR fanboys are going to have a fit, but that is to be expected. Meanwhile, now that ARES has had some time to distance itself from the fiasco that was STAR, I'm willing to keep an open mind that they have finally stopped deciding to treat their customers like dumb cashcows who only spend money on them out of unflinching loyalty, and actually start making decent products. Looking at their pricing for the G36s, it seems like they're pricing sensibly now too. The Tavor however, was still far too close to the STAR era, which is probably why it turned out the way it did and was priced the way it was.

As for the actual weapon itself, regardless of airsoft make, I found it unergonomic, clunky and badly balanced.

I'm guessing the people who got the broken guns got them for free, while the shops who got the broken guns would not want to publicise that fact too much in cast it hurts sales.

Turned out the way it did? As I said, from my reading of the review and the posts that followed (I have no direct experience with it) it was postive with the exception of a few niggles (mag catch, I think, and obviously the MARS) Apart from that it seems a pretty decent gun - if not quite expensive!

You've said that STAR are not very good - fair enough, but you havn't really provided anything to suggest that the Tavor is POS, apart from lets face it, anecdotal evidence of some people you know having thier gash ones replaced with working models, which suggest that if thier models weren't very good, they were replaced with ones that worked fine!

Cheers.

Turned out the way it did? As I said, from my reading of the review and the posts that followed (I have no direct experience with it) it was postive with the exception of a few niggles (mag catch, I think, and obviously the MARS) Apart from that it seems a pretty decent gun - if not quite expensive!

You've said that STAR are not very good - fair enough, but you havn't really provided anything to suggest that the Tavor is POS, apart from lets face it, anecdotal evidence of some people you know having thier gash ones replaced with working models, which suggest that if thier models weren't very good, they were replaced with ones that worked fine!

Cheers.

You misread.

They didnt buy gash ones. They were given gash ones free after some were found to be broken out of the box. For some reason, they were deemed unfixable, and given away as wall hangers.

Personally, I think a weapon with a useless sight is pointless. If it was 150 quid, that might still be excusable. But for the price they sold it at, to brazenly give their customers the MARS sight they came up with...... :huh: The MARS sight is a big part of that gun for me, so with that ruined, I really don't see the lure of getting a TAR21, not for the price anyway. Once I got to have a feel for one, there was even less reason to get one.

And no, the ARES is not a POS, I think the TSI can take that honor, but neither is the ARES a revelation or stunningly good, which for the price they were asking, you'd expect it to be.

See now for the price they're asking for their G36s, even if there were a few niggles like on the TAR, it was excusable. On something costing that much, a niggle or 2 is quite a fatal flaw in marketing it to everyone else but TAR21 fanboys.

I apologize for continuing this line of discussion, but.

The MARS sight is a big part of that gun for me, so with that ruined, I really don't see the lure of getting a TAR21, not for the price anyway. Once I got to have a feel for one, there was even less reason to get one.

It seems like a good part of your complaint is that you did not like the Tavor design as much as you thought you would, which makes you suggest that they're overpriced because the design has drop a couple points of worth in your eyes. On a related note, well I agree that the MARS' performance was very underwhelming, I think it's a bit silly how people reduce the Tavor design to its optics. Last time I check, people bought guns to mount optics, not the other way around.

As for the price criticism, I don't know what the expectations for a good gun is anymore. Instead of treating people like dumb cashcows, maybe people are just getting greedier. People always want to pay less for more, and the Chinese clones generation has not helped. I just know that I would personally be fine with the price ARES is charging for its Tavor. It's a very hefty weapon, people I know who've handled the ARES version and the real steel Tavor were completely impressed with the ARES.

Considering that ARES went into the Tavor project with no competition, it actually says a lot about the company that they produced something as good as they did. The fact that there were issues is to be expected with a completely new design. After all, even many of the vaunted TM original designs took a little time to work out (or at least identify) the bugs (Hi-Capa losing rear sights, P226 gas inefficiency, old M4A1 barrel design, version 3 mechbox trigger lockup, etc). Perfection out of the box from item 0000001 is unrealistic, that's why there are warranties.

I'm not a fan of bullpups, so I'm not interested in owning a Tavor at all. However, that doesn't stop me from recognizing that it's well made gun, even if it has no competition right now.

I expect the new Umarex / ARES G36 to be even better. It's what I'm saving up for.

... Moo?

So can anyone point me to any shops with the SRC MG36 Gen 3 in stock, reasonably priced? >.>

LE: That ship to EU.

I searched high and low on all the retaillers I knew that had SRC guns in stock and not a single one has Gen 3's in stock and shipped overseas. The ones that had Gen II's in stock also did not ship oversea's :(

Archived