Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never scrimp on eyepro or boots. (Secondhand is okay, but not clones!) theres few things worse than a horrible pair of boots. (Getting shot in the eyes is one)

Being fire-punched in the wang by a flaming hell-demon is worse as well. Although that's unlikely in your average airsoft game I suppose..

Being fire-punched in the wang by a flaming hell-demon is worse as well. Although that's unlikely in your average airsoft game I suppose..

Watched someone take a BFG to the balls.

It then went off next to his foot so that he dropped to one side away from the bang and took a rifle to the crotch after that.

So yeah worse does exist, but it is unlikely. :P

'FireKnife'

Personally I wouldn't touch any Chinese clone eye protection as QC cannot be guaranteed. Eye protection is the one thing you shouldn't scrimp on

I was going to switch the lenses out for OEM Oakley ones, but you're right, I should have made that explicit.

Without any shadow of a doubt, the biggest waste of space I have bought is the ASG/Marushin CZ75 shell ejector - instant regret and buyers remorse :(

Other than that I've been fairly lucky with the things that I've bought generally working out at least as well as they were required to

Personally I wouldn't touch any Chinese clone eye protection as QC cannot be guaranteed. Eye protection is the one thing you shouldn't scrimp on

Before buying them I had seen that someone on another forum had tested the lenses and they seemed up to par.

To be honest they weren't completely useless as the little fan did make some difference, but I still had to lift the goggles off my face in order to reduce fogging. But if I have to do that, what's the point in the little fan?

Now I just use a pair of shooting glasses, when they become intolerably fogged I switch to a pair of mesh goggle I keep around my neck.

I was going to switch the lenses out for OEM Oakley ones, but you're right, I should have made that explicit.

Fair enough

Before buying them I had seen that someone on another forum had tested the lenses and they seemed up to par.

To be honest they weren't completely useless as the little fan did make some difference, but I still had to lift the goggles off my face in order to reduce fogging. But if I have to do that, what's the point in the little fan?

Now I just use a pair of shooting glasses, when they become intolerably fogged I switch to a pair of mesh goggle I keep around my neck.

To me half the problem is that the due to a lack of quality control just because one batch may be safe it dosn't mean the next will. If you're willing to take that risk then that is up to you, but personally I'm not so would rather pay a little more for piece of mind

Without any shadow of a doubt, the biggest waste of space I have bought is the ASG/Marushin CZ75 shell ejector - instant regret and buyers remorse :(

Other than that I've been fairly lucky with the things that I've bought generally working out at least as well as they were required to

What did you find disappointing about it?

What broke on the gearbox ?? These boxes are massively strong as the front of the shell is reinforced and thicker than a standard gearbox . The lonex tappet plate is modified to accommodate this . Did you have a complete box or one with your own internals?

What did you find disappointing about it?

Overtly plastic - there is no amount of suspended disbelief that could lead you to believe that the gun feels real. The trigger is horrific - you pull it, and nothing happens. You pull it as far back as it will go, and then a little further and THEN the hammer drops. It is a lightweight cheap-feeling toy, that has the giggle factor and that's it. I didn't expect much, but it was just...wrong.

Overtly plastic - there is no amount of suspended disbelief that could lead you to believe that the gun feels real. The trigger is horrific - you pull it, and nothing happens. You pull it as far back as it will go, and then a little further and THEN the hammer drops. It is a lightweight cheap-feeling toy, that has the giggle factor and that's it. I didn't expect much, but it was just...wrong.

To be honest it seems to me to have it's gimmick and that is it, outside of that it isn't much cop at all.

But then I haven't had much success with Marushin stuff, even though I want a 2 inch M36 and a SAA that they make :P.

'FireKnife'

That's a shame.  It looks really fun for just pissing about in the house.  Now if Prime were to do a kit, I might not be able to resist any longer.  Still, moot really as they look to be discontinued.

I have the Marushin SAA Peacemaker, and it's fantastic - it doesn't feel like a cheap crappy plastic toy. The CZ75 does :(  Fun for five minutes, and then you realise "...I spent money on this...damn!"

I have the Marushin SAA Peacemaker, and it's fantastic - it doesn't feel like a cheap crappy plastic toy. The CZ75 does :(  Fun for five minutes, and then you realise "######...I spent money on this...damn!"

I think sometimes in airsoft we cant see the fact that something is a cheap piece of plastic because we cannot get past brand name :P

I think sometimes in airsoft we cant see the fact that something is a cheap piece of plastic because we cannot get past brand name :P

Very true. Same can be said for upgrade components. 

Wild XIII recently got his hands on a set of Guarder gears for his M14, thinking that along with the rest of the guarder products he had purchased before, they would be up to snuff.  Even without shims we couldn't get them to turn without feeling something was being caught on.  Thankfully he got a refund but I had thought they were a brand with a good reputation for quality.

Archived