Magpul M-Version PMAGs & EMAGs

hayabusa46

Found this on front page, spartanimports has an advertise of new PMAG models and EMAG!

Magpul PTS M-Version PMag (120rnd) - Black

PTS PMAG (Polymer MAGazine) - M Version is a lightweight polymer magazine (spring type 120 Rounds 6mm BB Pellet magazine) for Airsoft AEGs.

It features an advanced impact resistant polymer construction and a pop-off Impact Cover for storage.

The latest revision has been updated with a new body ribbing design. The Impact cover can now be snapped

onto the floorplate with not in use to prevent possible loss.

*made by DuPont polymer

*pop-off Impact Cover for storage

*the Impact Cover can be snapped onto the Floorplate

*new body ribbing design

mpts043_1.jpg

Magpul PTS EMag (120rnd) - Black

The PTS EMAG (Export MAGazine) is a lightweight polymer magazine for Airsoft AEG that features a number of

aesthetic and functional changes from the original PMAG. While EMAG remains 100% compatible with the Airsoft

M4/M16 platform, its unique geometry is optimized for Airsoft 416, SCAR, SA-80, IMI Tavor AEG, and more.

The EMAG features a pop-off Impact/Dust Cover to prevent dirt. When not in use, the dust cover can be

stored on the magazine floorplate.

Capacity: 120 rounds 6mm BB Pellet.

*made by DuPont polymer

*unique geometry is optimized for Airsoft HK 416, FN SCAR, SA-80, IMI Tavor AEG

*a pop-off impact / Dust Cover to prevent dirt.

*the Cover can be snapped onto the Floorplate.

mpts044_1.jpg

Hope this EMAGs will work fine in my VFC HK416! :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would advise against PMAGs in general.

After owning 6 of the "real" PTS mags, I've noticed that while the exterior material is great, the interior magazine is very flimsy. If you load your mags full, after a few loads, if you open your base plate, you will notice that the internal magazine has split open. This can cause the mag to not feed unless you tap it.

Another problem, common with midcaps is that the interior BB well is heavily greased. This is to allow the spring to move smoothly, but also causes your BBs to be greasy and not engage your hopup correctly.

Overall, I'd say that PTS PMAGs are the worst choice for M4 mags considering their ridiculous price. If you want real quality, get REAL SWORD mags, if you want the best for your money, MAG brand mags are the only way to go.

PTS ACR cameo!

Anyways, I wonder if EMAGs will fit better in my Tight KA body M4 Magwell. Hmm

M Version mags dont seem like they have anything special over the older PMAG really.

I agree, aside from having one less square all the way around, but knowing some magpul fanatics, they'll buy up these new ones despite having the old ones.

Oh and to make your mags fit all you have to do is sand the inside of your mag well, there's little ribs on the walls, you'll see them.

EMAGs, great, nice to see. New version of the PMAG? Seems pointless.

I've already got a load-outs worth of PTS PMAGs, so I see absolutely no reason to change to these 'M' versions. I'm not skirmishing in a sandstorm in Afghanistan, or dropping my mags all over the muddy ground where they're going to get full of crud, so the floor plate is a needless waste of plastic to my mind. As for the change in design, well if anything you're going to get less grip off of that, makes no sense.

Overall, I'd say that PTS PMAGs are the worst choice for M4 mags considering their ridiculous price

WTF? you must be doing something wrong to break Magpul PTS 120 round PMAGs! ,

I could understand slating the "green label" star made PMAGs but the 120's are bomb proof.

I Love my PMAGs on my M4, wish we could convince Magpul to make some Mids for TM M14's...

EMAGs, great, nice to see. New version of the PMAG? Seems pointless.

I've already got a load-outs worth of PTS PMAGs, so I see absolutely no reason to change to these 'M' versions. I'm not skirmishing in a sandstorm in Afghanistan, or dropping my mags all over the muddy ground where they're going to get full of crud, so the floor plate is a needless waste of plastic to my mind. As for the change in design, well if anything you're going to get less grip off of that, makes no sense.

The updating of the PMAGs is simply to keep up with the changes to the RS lineup. The RS "M" version PMAGs have been out for a while and the changes were in accordance with RS shooter feedback. RS shooters in general feel that the shallower recesses of the M version are still more than enough grip to promote proper control of the PMAG. The PTS M versions will be replacing the older PMAG versions which will be discontinued. PTS isn't updating the magazine because the exterior of the old version is flawed and you HAVE to buy the M version ... they're releasing the M version because they're trying to keep up with the RS evolution of the series. Obviously if you already have a set of PTS PMAGs it's up to you if you feel the need to change or update the styles. Personally I'm only buying more when older ones need to be replaced.

As for reliability-wise, I have 20+ Magpul PTS PMAG Midcaps and they are by far some of the best midcaps I've ever used. I'm sorry to hear someone had trouble with theirs, as that's the first I've ever heard about that from anyone. If you're having trouble with any PTS products, I strongly encourage people to contact them through their website. They pride themselves on quality, and if problems occur the only way they can resolve them and improve their products is to be made aware of them (I've yet to make a complaint myself as I have always been happy with my PTS purchases).

Glad to hear the EMAG and PMAG M's are finally coming out. Those were some of the new products I was asked to keep to myself for the time being.

The updating of the PMAGs is simply to keep up with the changes to the RS lineup. The RS "M" version PMAGs have been out for a while and the changes were in accordance with RS shooter feedback. RS shooters in general feel that the shallower recesses of the M version are still more than enough grip to promote proper control of the PMAG. The PTS M versions will be replacing the older PMAG versions which will be discontinued. PTS isn't updating the magazine because the exterior of the old version is flawed and you HAVE to buy the M version ... they're releasing the M version because they're trying to keep up with the RS evolution of the series. Obviously if you already have a set of PTS PMAGs it's up to you if you feel the need to change or update the styles. Personally I'm only buying more when older ones need to be replaced.

Well yes, I probably should have mentioned in my previous post that this is no doubt to keep in-line with the real Magpul stuff, are the RS versions of the (now) old design going to be discontinued as well? I suppose the main question is, are the differences purely aesthetic? That was my first inclination, but the upper portion of the M version looks like it's shaped differently at the front.

What is kind of sad is I really like the aggressive deep waffle pattern on the original PMAGs. Both the real steel and the airsoft are just top notch. They are hellah rugged. I do stupid things with my mags and they stand up to it. I have thrown my PMAG as a distraction, had them fall out of a drop mag pouch down a climbing hill and even accidentally slammed a trunk on one and they are still rolling strong. I will miss those deep patterns if I need to buy a new set.

The EMAGs are interesting to me. I HATE that the PMAG don't wanna play nice with the 416 and what have you, so this is a good idea in my book. I didn't know that people had issues getting the standard PMAG to fit in their airsoft 416s. Mine fit in there...if not a little snug. I KNOW that they are a nightmare to fit into a FN gun though (The SCAR and the FN F2000 for sure are a PINA) so I could see the point. Real steel there are some issues so it is fitting. Might point my brother in the direction of EMAGs now that they exist for airsoft.

WTF? you must be doing something wrong to break Magpul PTS 120 round PMAGs! ,

I could understand slating the "green label" star made PMAGs but the 120's are bomb proof.

I Love my PMAGs on my M4, wish we could convince Magpul to make some Mids for TM M14's...

I totally agree.

Pmags are actually one of the main reasons why I have switched over to M4 style AEG's (though I still be keeping my G36)

After using them in dozens of skirms and in different weather, I too say they are practically bomb proof.

I am interested in the E-mags. Hopig here as well for the G36 style mags.

I didn't break them like breaking them in half. Like I said originally, the exterior is extremely solid, it's the interior where the problems happen. If you fill them to 120 or near that number every time, the internal magazine will eventually split, causing the BBs to doublestack and jam. This is a common problem for all midcaps.

MAG midcaps are the exception. Even if I jam 190 into them, the last few still manage to go in with relative ease. And it's not like the spring is super weak, it's just smooth, even without being over lubed.

Well yes, I probably should have mentioned in my previous post that this is no doubt to keep in-line with the real Magpul stuff, are the RS versions of the (now) old design going to be discontinued as well? I suppose the main question is, are the differences purely aesthetic?
Differences are mostly aesthetic. Airsoft-wise I believe it's purely aesthetic.

Regarding the RS product line, the old version PMAGs are discontinued and you'd have a hard time finding them nowadays. They do pop up now and again (new old stock), but I haven't seen them in a long time. All my (RS) hicap PMAGs are M versions.

I didn't break them like breaking them in half. Like I said originally, the exterior is extremely solid, it's the interior where the problems happen. If you fill them to 120 or near that number every time, the internal magazine will eventually split, causing the BBs to doublestack and jam. This is a common problem for all midcaps.

MAG midcaps are the exception. Even if I jam 190 into them, the last few still manage to go in with relative ease. And it's not like the spring is super weak, it's just smooth, even without being over lubed.

By any chance could you have been tricked into buying fake PTS Midcaps. I've seen a few of those a while back. Otherwise your complaints about the PTS midcaps are the first I've ever seen or heard. And I regularly load my mags to capacity and I have checked out the internal casing on all my mags. I just find it hard to believe ... the PTS PMAGs have more screws holding the two halves together than ANY other midcap I've ever seen. MAG Mags on the other hand ... I've had 50/50 luck with. MAG have redone those molds so many times it's hard to tell if you're going to get good mags, or crappy mags depending on the production batch.

Anyone know if PTS will still make the old version? Or they are going for new version of PMAG only?
I believe the old PTS version will be discontinued to make way for this updated version.

i own 10 PTS mid caps best thing i ever used no problems and no grease on them

My only problem is that they are picky with what you stick them in, its works in every thing except my G36 :(

I wont be buying new p mags but the m mags look the shiz !

Archived