M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long did it take you to put together the EBR kit onto the gun?

I'm a pretty quick with the technical stuff, so, the only real obstacles are the physical ones...lots of unscrewing, screwing, disassembling, reassembling. The wiring takes minimal effort, although, maybe I didn't read the instructions right, but, you lose your electrical safety...it's OK though, because the M14's safety is both physical and electrical.

If you worked like 100% and you didn't mess around, probably like, two hours.

Edited by razardica
I vote EBR.

:pirate:®

What's your current load out like?

I'm actually re-tooling my kit... I was a long time M15 user, but finally going in a different direction (just too many M15's on the field as it is) I'm leaning towards the wood myself, but with ehobbyasia posting the TM M14 w/ G&P EBR kit installed for $850... I'm double checking myself... Where's the best place to get the CAW kit in the states? I see that WGC has them... but I can't seem to find them any where else...

thanks again, here's to the greatest thread on the internet!

WaWa

Wood is good for a Vietnam-era load out or a South American militia load out.

The EBR is good for a gucci modern/near-future US SF load out.

If you want anything between the two, stick with the plastic stock. Maybe spray it camouflage colors for a US SF look c. 1990-2000.

MAR's, that is SICK!

The problem I'm having with the descion is, the internal upgrades... I've tore my M15 apart ALOT.... and I know this uses a version 7 gear box... everything I've read says this version 7 is a beast to work on. Is it really that bad? I've just about got enough cash to go EBR and have it all at once... but I'm leary of doing the internal upgrades down the road.

Mar's, are you going to OP: Solomon's Pass in Oregon?

So the two options are BUILT to the hill DMR M14 with wood stock, and play a scout sniper roll or do the EBR and play the grunt like I'm doing now with the M15? Tough choice.