Comedy Non-Hit Takers

harborne blue

The only real one that sticks in my mind...

Was doing the sniper thing and making like a bush, one of the OpFor (who shall remain nameless) walked past me as they tried to flush me out. I let him carry on walking to get him out of my MED (and made sure there was no-one else with him).

He was going nice and slowly, I had a superb clear line of sight to him.

Bang on my MED, I let him have one in the back. I hit him square in the small of the back, with a tremendous thwack. Cool as a cucumber he stops, does a slow 360 (combat stylie), doesn't see anyone and then starts to carry on his merry way!

Absolutely priceless to watch.

So without further ado, I reloaded, aimed higher and shot him in the back of the head (I know him, so don't get all hissy).

He then said.... " Arrrgh b@std! yeah alright..... I suppose I should have taken the first one!"

We did have a chuckle at that one.

And I have to confess to one amazing incident, which I did take the hit, but only after a few moments... I shall explain.

At Copehill, in the dark, I'm coming down the side of a building, can't see a thing it's that bloomin dark.

There's obviously a guy in the bushes in front of me across the road with NVG's.

I hear two shots fired from directly in front of me, a quick double tap. Then I get a lone round thwack me square in the back, and I'm talking right between the shoulder blades.

I'm utterly confused.... I turn around to see if I can see anyone behind me and I get an angry shout from the bush in front..

"you going to take that one...."

I do obviously, but I do tell him that I didn't like his tone.

I still don't know how he managed it, there was nothing behind me for it to ricochet off.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two guys at a site I used to play at a lot spring to mind. Both are site regulars and go beyond words in terms of cheating. Even site regs that are known for the occasional not hit taking are offended by these pair.

Both unsurprisingly snipe. In one game, I was using a heavily upgraded M14 with a scope and my mate was using a G36K with an optical scope. We were both running around 330-350 fps and at about 140 foot range with the scopes we were running we could see this one cheat visably wincing from the hits as well as the bb's striking his face and upper body.

He is one of the site jokes and even the site owner accepts he does not take his hits. Strangly he is always the first to be outraged by others not taking their hits and complaining about hot guns. He runs a 450+ fps gun on semi and spams his shots.

This one time he was hiding on a small island and I thought I could see something so I fired my P90 repeatedly at him. In the end, three of us were blasting away at him and he would not take his hits. I thought I saw a hand waving so I called a hold fire. He bounds over in an outrage and chews me out for over kill. Well... there are no site rules for overkill and when you are hit you have to stand up, hold your hand in the air and shout hit very loudly. He did none of the above and is a site marshal.

The other repeat offender does the same, very hot gun, (on semi of course so allowed) and he hangs right back. Never gets stuck in and just sits back plinking at people. He never takes his hits either and you have to get close and lace him.

By all accounts he was so bad at a recent game, it nearly came to physical blows as two or three players were using whole hicaps on him and a dead player near by could see every single hit being ignored.

Needless to say... I do not play at that site any more.

I remember one last year when I had managed to sneak up on a group of guys defending an objective, one of them had a rental and for some reason, I decided to try take him out first, so i fired off one shot and it hit his rental mp5, i know this due to the loud DINK sound it made. he looked down at his gun and looked back up as if nothing had happened

i hesitated shooting back because i took a few seconds to say to myself "no way did he just f****** do that"

due to this hesitation, the rest of the group brapped medry.gif

Well one time this guy shot me but only 10% of his full auto burst actually hit so i decided not to take it, I then jumped out and shot hi in his *albartroth* while he was walking away.

Another time somebody shot me, only after it hurt to much i decided to take the hits. Anyway I came out with hand high yelling hit, I saw his team mates and lit all of them up and then said I was faking being hit. He was long gone by then to correct me.

Good times

Couple of geardo bellends dressed as PSCs at UA a few months ago. I was in a slightly elevated position behind them and could see both of them through a window from the waist up.

Several 3 round bursts from my PTW (witnessed by myself and two team mates) stitched them up the back and shoulders. they looked at each other as if to say "WTF?" amd continued facing away from me.

This happened another couple of times before they spotted me and started to return fire. I took one hit from them and walked. Not worth it. Not been back to UA since (It had been my local for 3 years.)

Worst bit - they weren't even rental n00bs but milsimers like me...you know who you are

To be fair though a lot of sites dont count gun hits

This is what sometimes irritates me, is that there are widely varying rules across the country with regard to gun hits.

Some sites, gun hits don't count, some sites they do count. Some sites they count only if it would have it you had the gun not been there, and if you are poking your gun round a corner and it gets shot, it doesn't count. Then there's the disabled weapon gun hit, where you must switch to a secondary and not use the hit gun for a set length of time, or until you regen.

Argh.

And to top it off, sites rarely discuss it in the morning brief, and I always forget to ask, so have to ask in the middle of a firefight when I'm not sure if I died or not. I prefer the latter rule TBH, adds a bit of fun to the game if it forces you to use another weapon.

And to top it off, sites rarely discuss it in the morning brief, and I always forget to ask, so have to ask in the middle of a firefight when I'm not sure if I died or not. I prefer the latter rule TBH, adds a bit of fun to the game if it forces you to use another weapon.

Yeah, I know what you mean... I do quite like the idea of that, just sucks for people who only carry one gun. Also, some sites you have to call gun hits but they don't mean anything in terms of gameplay.

Well one time this guy shot me but only 10% of his full auto burst actually hit so i decided not to take it, I then jumped out and shot hi in his *albartroth* while he was walking away.

Another time somebody shot me, only after it hurt to much i decided to take the hits. Anyway I came out with hand high yelling hit, I saw his team mates and lit all of them up and then said I was faking being hit. He was long gone by then to correct me.

Good times

Erm, no offense but that reads as if you cheat? :blink:

I take hits, even when it's pretty obvious that I haven't been hit. Does that count? :lol:

Gun hits - I take them. Its just easier that way, as I've found sometimes I don't shout 'gun' as loud as 'hit'.

Since I'm fairly new to the offcial skirmishing ring, and the site I use, I don't think I'm ready to call people out if they don't take their hits. But, I've definitly had people refuse to take hits. The 'best' one was seen by me and 3 or 4 other people. I was using a shotgun (my AEG had died, I wouldn't have used the shotty). I was hiding in a large bush, defending the rear left flank. A guy with gas pistol (Mk23 I think) pops up and shoots at me - but misses. I hit him square in the chest, at pretty close range, but he magically didn't take the hit - just as he shoot again, and gets off 5 rounds.

I got my 'revenge' on him later.

I was taking the ######,

I know sarcasm does not work so well over the interweb.

I dont let cheater bother me. I just keep shooting untill they take it. If they truly are invincible i just find another target. After all whats the point of getting stressed? I have seen people totally lose it with each other on the field. Fisty cuff and all. I thought the whole point of this hobby was to relieve stress.

I had one once, not quite as malicious as some of these ones though.

Coming down to the end of the game and all the batteries are dry and mags are running out. I'm down to a pistol, and the guy up against me has a spring shotty. He pops up and shoots then as soon as I hear the cocking I pop up and shoot, dead on hit but he's in a big ghillie suit so he can't feel a thing.

We go at this for a bit taking turns popping out of the trees and trading shots till I get fed up and just leave the sights on where his head is going to be, next time he pops out there is onone quick bang to the lip (about 30 feet so not too bloodthirsty) & he felt that one for sure.

The best cheat I ever witnessed was during a small game using mostly springers and LPEG's. My friend and I were hiding in a room with the lights off and the door was open half way so there was a crack between the door frame and the door. My friend is hiding between the wall and the door when a guy starts sneaking up to the door. As his hands come into view, my friend fires a single shot between the door frame and door, hitting the guy in the hand. The guy dropped his gun, then said he wasnt hit, at which my friend and I busted up laughing

Another epic cheater at my regular site rarely ever called his hits, which ultimately led to his temporary ban from the site. He took several bursts from some hidden enemys and actually fell over backwards. A couple seconds latter he pops up blasting away. This event actually happened a couple of times in one day, including the falling over part. Not sure why he couldnt stay on his feet, but it did make it more entertaining.

A few weeks back on a Sunday skirmish my gun broke so i borrowed my friends AUGA3 whilst he was missing out on the hour long game.

So my first go with the gun i leather 5 people. 1 of which didn't take the semi hit on his chest. He popped his head and his body round the corner of the tree and full auto him he took that hit and went back to spawn.

Later in the same game i move up to help my friend who is pushing round on the far right with another mate who is using a sniper, I see a guy in a ditch taking shots at my friend on the right so i open fire on semi (Within the AUG's range) and see him flinch as it hits him. He then pops up and starts shooting again so i shoot him again and again and again. With no marshals about i couldn't call one over so i had to sit there for 10mins doing F all.

Sucks.

I was taking the ######,

I know sarcasm does not work so well over the interweb.

I dont let cheater bother me. I just keep shooting untill they take it. If they truly are invincible i just find another target. After all whats the point of getting stressed? I have seen people totally lose it with each other on the field. Fisty cuff and all. I thought the whole point of this hobby was to relieve stress.

My bad! :)

Everyone at my site is quite good, people generally take their hits, sometimes even if they weren't sure they were shot just for the sake of good sportsmanship.

There was one time where me and 2 friends were quite close to the other team, we had the high ground and a nice kill zone set up. One of the enemy sprints towards cover and I caught him in the side with a double tap. He didn't take his hit but he was wearing a vest so he may not have felt it. Since we have higher ground I can clearly shoot him in cover so he gets another double tap to the glove, starts swearing in pain then fires back <_<

I tell my buddies and still in semi we each laced the guy with a few rounds, about 8 hits between the 3 of us, resulting in more yelps of pain and then return fire.

Considering the blatant non hit taking all 3 of us switched to full auto and hosed the guy until he finally called his hit. He learnt his lesson and was very quick to call his hits the rest of the day. :D

we had a group of guys who usually play CQB come to a woodland site we play at. they are all from hong kong and all of their guns are rocking 350-400fps on a 328 site. somehow we managed to surroung this little crop of bushes that one of them was lying in. we had been blasting him for ages and he wasnt having any of it, ignoring the hits and carrying on. we got fed up of this and so we all agreed to move in at the same time. all firing full auto and giving our best war cries, we advanced firing bursts into the bush, him, and anything else we didnt like at the time. we completely surrounded him and kept blatting him up until finally he took the hint that we were hitting him and he should take his hits.

we actually shot him up soo much that i called out cease fire half way through the shredding, but he fired back so it all kicked off again. epic.

last saturday a couple of guys on our side were told that they had a couple complaints made against them and if they didn want to play properly they shoud go home. guess they cant play properly, as they went home.

it's so annoying when their helmet is sticking out of cover and youre just constantly putting rounds into it but they dont notice, and think the sound is just BBs hitting their cover. same goes for shooting their gun sticking out of cover (but i usually try not to, i respect other player's guns. assuming its non-rental XD)

Archived