A sidearm or no sidearm?

208 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use an airsoft sidearm?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I have been wondering what majority of people use a sidearm of sorts. Below you can post what you use, why or why not a sidearm is not in your loadout, or anything that you think is on topic and should be said.

As to me I am debating on if I want to get a Kwa MkI-IV m1911. I think this topic will help my decision.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I carry a socom gear 1911. I find myself rarely using it, and for the style of game we play down here it's really not needed. However "I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it." Recently I find myself not using it more and more. I'd rather carry an extra primary magazine on the belt than carry around a 2 pound paper weight..

I have been wondering what majority of people use a sidearm of sorts. Below you can post what you use, why or why not a sidearm is not in your loadout, or anything that you think is on topic and should be said.

As to me I am debating on if I want to get a Kwa MkI-IV m1911. I think this topic will help my decision.

I use a stock TM Sig P226 with a Safariland 6004 holster. I constantly use a sidearm because the field I go to requires a pistol for CQB. Even if the field didn't, I would keep the pistol handy since it's a second compact weapon that's ready to go if I don't have enough time to reload my primary or if the primary malfunctions. I've used the Sig every time I've gone out to woodland matches as well, with a fair amount of success.

Just remember that the final cost of a GBB sidearm can cost as much as a new AEG - you always have to factor in a good holster and spare magazines.

Not Gear Discussion. Read the forum title, description and stickies before posting.

This is a discussion forum for gear, not for guns, or stuff that attaches to guns. It's for gear, things that you wear. Like BDU's, vest's, rigs, boots etc.

You may ask questions like "I want an MEU impression - what do I need in the way of gear, guns and accessories" because the whole 'impression' falls under 'gear', but just saying "What guns do MEU use" is not gear discussion, and please post purely gun/gun accessory related topics in either the general discussion or newbie discussion sections.

Thanks.

Moved.

I always have my Marui M1911A1 on me. In CQB, its a lifesaver when my M4 either jams or runs out of ammo/gas. Outdoors, I find it very useful when my primary runs out and I can't get a reload at that moment. In one case it saved my team's left flank by buying us some time when the enemy started pushing hard.

This summer I basically stuck with either a TM Five Seven or TM Desert Warrior when using a GBB and a TM USP AEP when I didnt fell like goofing around with gas (which turned out to be quite a bit). I just got a TM G17 but didnt have a chance to use it much (need a couple more magazines).

It has been so hot here that I used Duster for the GBB's and got some pretty decent performance and never bothered with Green Gas or Propane (was concerned with pressure spike from the heat and possible damage to my stock pistols). The TM AEP is always consistant no matter what the weather or heat conditions, as most AEP's are, and I'm getting more apt to carry one as I'm always sure it will go bang when I pull the trigger.

While I will agree that all the GBB pistols that have been mentioned are pretty darn good, if your looking for something easy to just throw into your holster and forget about until you need it, the AEP is pretty hard to beat.

AEP's are good guns because of their reliability like you say, I still suggest getting a GBB as your first pistol. I purchased an AEP as my first pistol, and the desire to buy a GBB was still huge for the reasons that GBB's are popular. These days I own a bunch of pistols including GBB's, NBB's, and an AEP and I find that the AEP is the least skirmishable of the weapons due to the low fps of AEP's. While the tm M93r that I own is perfectly capable of accurate long-range shots it often doesn't hit with enough force for an opposing player to feel or hear. That's why I generally use my pgc'd MEU or my usp45 tactical. I still like owning the TM, and I think that the AEP design is really cool. Then again I live in an area where it's generally warm enough for GBB's to operate for 11 months out of the year.

I don't carry a pistol as if your aeg goes down, you are probably going to go back to spawn and fix it or get a new aeg. Other reasons include

• $40 Magazines falling out without realizing
  • Slow leaks in mags means they malfunction when you need them at the end of the day
  • Crawling around leads to getting dirt inside the gun and having it jam
  • Gas pistols just like to break

For a sniper I'd recommend an AEP otherwise, skip it.

Thanks for the help guys. By the way wingman did you use the computer dust-off spray in your GBB? I have heard of it being used before but only for a trial.

Computer Duster spray is to hfc134a as Green Gas is to Propane. It's a lower powered gas that doesn't have silicone lube in it and is mostly used in plastic guns with low power.

i use a tm 1911 meu 28 shots for emergancys plus i have one spare mag i dont find the gun gets jamed or covered in durt but it does get striped down n cleaned after ive used it

You must not crawl around in the dirt then. I was saying when you are prone if you have it in a leg holster or even on the front of your vest it will get dirt on it. Having to do a fully disassembly after every game to clean out all the dirt in it is no fun.

Depends on my role, I usually play rifleman with a TM M4, highly reliable and I allways refill my mags in the respawn so i never run out of ammo and dont need a secondary weighting.

But sometimes Its just mandatory, when I play sniper/DMR field rules says the player must carry a secondary weapon, or entering buildings you can only shoot with pistols (dont understand it, but rules are rules even if they are silly), then I use a trusty galaxy MP5K or a Army kimber warrior.

Secondaries are paper weigth most of the times for me

Archived