Zeta labs spring Mosin Nagant!

ninja master of coffee

Total production of Enfield rifles (all types): ~17 million.

Total production of Mauser 98 types: ~100 million.

Their length in history is pretty much the same, from the end of the XIXth century to modern days. Their production numbers are nothing alike, though.

The Nagant is going to be a nice addition to the airsoft armory :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fairly good news on the probable VSR internals darklite, hopefully the proprietary parts won't be prone to breaking. I'd personally be very happy with a 1944 carbine, I can always remove the bayonet as ginger biscuit says. And yeah, if people want an extended conversation about lee enfields and mauser rifles, please, PM each other, filling up this thread with frankly utterly irrelevant discussions is kind of anoying.

The carbine will be nice, but I'm guessing most of us will be interested in the long rifle with or without a scope. Long bolt rifles have something special.

And yeah, if people want an extended conversation about lee enfields and mauser rifles, please, PM each other, filling up this thread with frankly utterly irrelevant discussions is kind of anoying.

Utterly irrelevant whines about it already occupied more space than the comments themselves. Congrats.

Putting aside all the history of the real guns, I welcome this rifle with over-caffienated-child-on-Christmas-morning glee! I love the idea of airsofting with a real battle rifle where you have to aim your shots and what not. As for price, it WILL NOT EVER touch the 100 dollar ballpark of a real M91... but who cares as long it does not cost what the KTWs do! THose look like some super quality parts, though.

I think it is a bit odd to start with the carbine and delay the inevitable cash-in on the Zaitsev/Hayha wannabe markets that the longer one will no doubt bring, but I'm not a marketing expert. I think I'd prefer the 91/30 myself, but the M44 will still be an evil little gun.

EDIT: Oh, just think of the loadouts! The Viet Nam enthiasts should be excited! Maybe tha'ts why they did the M44 first...

Oh, there are a whackload of B.A. rifles I would like to see made as an AFFORDABLE airsoft springer ie

MAS 36, SMLE, Springfield 1903 and really any version of the Moisin Nagant. You know even an Arisaka 38 or so would be nice.

Then there are a few single shots that I would like to see:

Henry-Martini, Sharps Trapdoor, and the Dreyse Needle rifle ( the world's first breech loader)

My guess is they've started with the m44 carbine simply because it's a more managable rifle, airsofters are probably more likely to buy something more wieldy, I'd personally be more interested in a carbine mosin nagant of some kind though obviously anyone wanting a Simo Hayha loadout or similar will want the longer rifle but an awful lot of GPW impressionists will have an easy to handle and accurate rifle. My only main concern is if it has KTW power levels and the proprietary nature of the action doens't allow for an easy upgrade...

EDIT: Oh, just think of the loadouts! The Viet Nam enthiasts should be excited! Maybe tha'ts why they did the M44 first...

We are excited, especially if it's around the $300 price range that darklite is predicting. But like ninja, I am hoping they based the internals off an existing platform because the $1200 KTW Mosin shot like balls.

I am soooooooo getting one of these and especially if it is VSR based.

Then all I need is a big ol' great coat and I can skirmish for the Motherland :)

And if it is around the $250 range I am happy. Looks like I got a new job just in time to save for this.

Don't forget your ushanka, comrade.

Also,

Info from Airsoft Panda:

AEG spring compatible, interesting.

Zeta-Lab Product's on December 2010 ( Ask for detail )

•Manufacturer: Zeta-Lab Product

•Full Steel with the adjustable marking rear sight

•One piece steel barrel with realistic marking on chamber

•Real wood stock with one piece wood

•Right side folding Reinforcement Synthetic resin Triangular bayonet

•Heat treatment Steel cocking handle give you real gun & sturdy feeling

•Compatible with AEG Spring for upgrading power

•Made in Hong Kong

d092d0b8d0bdd182d0bed0b.jpg

Yeah, the "compatible with AEG spring for upgrading power" pretty much sells it to me unless it's just stupidly expensive. So long as darklite's estimates are correct on the price though this looks like my gun for next year. The production photos do look very encouraging, hopefully this won't be some studpidly tiny production run that sells out in two hours, never to be seen again. Still, the number of bolts in the photos suggested it probably won't be too limited. So long money, it was nice knowing you....

anyone wanting a Simo Hayha loadout or similar will want the longer rifle

Mr. Hayha's emulators will have it hard no matter what. He didn't use a 91/30 but a M-28 or M-28/30, which is shorter than the long rifle but not as short as the M38 or M44 carbines. A man of 160cm would have had a hard time moving around a 130cm rifle (not that the M28 with its 119cm is "short" anyway).

I would have gone for the 91/30 by RS production numbers alone, but the carbine is a good choice that will please reenactors up to Vietnam... and cheaper to make.

Mr. Hayha's emulators will have it hard no matter what. He didn't use a 91/30 but a M-28 or M-28/30, which is shorter than the long rifle but not as short as the M38 or M44 carbines. A man of 160cm would have had a hard time moving around a 130cm rifle (not that the M28 with its 119cm is "short" anyway).

I would have gone for the 91/30 by RS production numbers alone, but the carbine is a good choice that will please reenactors up to Vietnam... and cheaper to make.

Ah, good point. Modification time for them then! That's a shame on it not being VSR based, that said the two big issues with the KTW were the price and the crappy power, correct? So if it's not horribly expensive and you can swap out the spring for something not pathetic it should still be a nice, fairly skirmishable mosin. I guess it's a "wait and see" job.

Man, if this is even remotely decent I am selling my 10/22 to get one. Christ, it's like every time I wait and wait and finally get what I think is my perfect rifle, they come out and release something even cooler just out of the blue.

Personally I would prefer a Springfield or Arisaka, but really, any old school bolt action rifle that doesn't blow and is sanely priced is a guaranteed buy for me.

Don't forget your ushanka, comrade.

By the time I got my kit it was only the great coat or the ushanka, "One man has the great coat, when the man with the great coat is killed, the man without the great coat picks it up and stays warm!"

But if its not VSR based then I am out, too much hassle finding the upgrades.

Well the barrels for a lot of the ACM and HK airsoft guns seem to be better quality than a lot of the japanese and aftermarket barrels anyway. The spring is confirmed as an AEG spring that can be swapped out so the main thing I'm worried about is the hop, if it's decent anyway then even if it's proprietary it's not that much of an issue, if it's proprietary and ###### then we have a problem. If it's not proprietary then it doesn't matter too much what the qaulity is. What was the hop-mech on the KTW mosin nagant like?

Archived