Battlefield 3

TheFull9

Well, I just used the term 'perks' as an example for the types of ammo available for weapons. Such as in the old Rainbow Six games; FMJ / JHP for rifles and handguns, then Slugs and Buck for shotguns. They even had less lethal rounds then which were good fun.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was no bullet drop in BF2 :P but agreed about the skill needed - aircraft, whilst perhaps overpowered, needed some skill to use properly, I was always terrible too.

...It may not be the most realistic, but it is there.

i dont want to be "that guy" but the only person with any sort of optic is the player you play; all the other characters have no backup iron sights let alone optics. a bit odd to me. still looks awesome though.

This is the reverse of CounterStrike 1.0-1.6.

Everyone else's, or even the one you just dropped on the ground, M4A1 had Acog and suppressors attached. XD

I presume you're joking, but I don't get it. :unsure:

I've never noticed any bullet drop in BF2, certainly not for infantry weapons. I'm pretty sure I saw on the PR forums that gravity is set at zero, for small arms at least. I've never had to aim high to hit with sniper rifles (apart from where the scope reticle doesn't match up with the centre of the screen :P)

The only place I've ever noticed it is on the jet cannons.

Also, one thing I noticed about the latest BF3 video, they have in fact made multiple reload animations. During the firefight the player always empties his mag so racks the charging handle (fair enough, I guess...) but after the fight (just before he gets hit by the RPG) he reloads his partially full mag and just slips the new one in (no daft slapping on the bottom either :P). Nice one DICE :)

There was definitely bullet drop believe me, probably not as much as in BC2 but it was absolutely there. I remember sniping Marines on their spawning island (despicable I know) from the tip of the main island on Wake and you had to aim a fair bit above their heads, there's plenty of youtube videos around show-casing it.

I've never noticed any bullet drop in BF2, certainly not for infantry weapons. I'm pretty sure I saw on the PR forums that gravity is set at zero, for small arms at least. I've never had to aim high to hit with sniper rifles (apart from where the scope reticle doesn't match up with the centre of the screen :P)

In PR:

Gravity is set to 0 for 50cals.

Normal infantry weapons still have bullet drops; sniper rifle and marksman rifles have drops only after 400m.

Loving the reload animations. I just hope this keeps up with all the weapons and not just the M4/16. Do we know what the class system is like on this one? I would kill for multiple weapon choices, something Like CoD.

I very much hate CoD. But, It offers plenty of replayability when unlocking new firearms.

Loving the reload animations. I just hope this keeps up with all the weapons and not just the M4/16. Do we know what the class system is like on this one? I would kill for multiple weapon choices, something Like CoD.

I very much hate CoD. But, It offers plenty of replayability when unlocking new firearms.

Four classes like BC2 I think. Can't remember where I saw that though.

It's mentioned in the article that's been scanned from a print magazine, Game Informer I think. 4 classes as apparently 'that's the happy balance' as far as DICE is concerned, though I hope they mix them around a bit as Medics toting LMGs is ridiculous, machine guns should be unlocks that you can then optionally play with as the Assault class. 7 was perhaps a bit too many in BF2 as it diluted the weapons and equipment too much (though it really varied things up a lot which was fun), but I don't think 4 is enough, ironically 5 in 1942 was possibly one of the best as far as classes go, Engineer was actually good. Exception being anti-tank of course.

"You're giving me a bazooka and a pistol? ... Really?".

things I REALLY want are

1. YOU CANNOT RESUPPLY OR HEAL YOURSELF (this will stop camping gimps with infinite 40mm nades and bullets)

2. LMG should be on SUPPORT CLASS AND NO-ONE ELSE

3. NO REGENERATING HEALTH (to force the bunny hoping, dolphin diving, CoD gimps to play the game properly)

4. NO FIRING WHILE CHANGING STANCE, OR JUMPING (see above)

btw AT guys had smgs in bf2

Though they might as well have had pistols in BF2. The bizon was decent and the MP5 could be ok up close and work at short ranges if you made sure to switch fire mode and practiced a bit, but what the hell was with the chinese one?? Worst gun in the bloody game, apart from some of the Euro Forces ones maybe.

Well I like the 4/5/6 classes Idea. With regards to having various weapons to unlock, I literally mean to spice said classes up somewhat. I tend to get hooked on one calss in the BF games, generally the Spec Ops style class. Therefor It would be nice to have various options of SMG/Carbine to switch between.

I would not be happy if it were something simmilar to the CoD style...You know, anyone can rock a SAW ect

Bad Company 2 mostly did quite well on that front I thought. Proper assault rifles, machine guns and sniper rifles being limited to their classes, but anyone could grab a shotgun or a semi-auto only rifle; I had huge amounts of fun playing with the Garand and the USAS on all of the kits, Spec ops in particular; using the motion mines but having a proper rifle/shotgun that you could use up close was an awesome combination.

Agreed, love the Garand in BC2. If only for that 'ping!' sound :P

Also, the Chinese AT SMG (the Type 85) was one of my better guns, it didn't seems to have as massive a bullet spread as the others, I was always reasonably effective with it...

Part 2 of the video series showcasing the single player campaign:

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/faultline-episode-2

Bit less action packed but you want a bit of variety in the pacing anyway. Particularly good smoke effects near the end I thought.

NOW *fruitcage* SHOW US THE *fruitcage* MULTI-PLAYER, YOU BUNCH OF *Ubarflock*

Ahem.

Archived