Magpul Uzi

renegadecow

true that, mind you the customer who gave them that thompson handed them his replica, and happened to be chief of local police!!

he went on to order more as entry weapons for his SWAT teams, now that would be awesome to see in airsoft, SWAT a la thompson!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work renegade.

I think the MOE grip actually complements the UZI, specifically the long, rounded holes that act as 'negatives' of the raised grooves on the rear of the receiver. It's actually pretty impressive how well it seems to fit.

Do you skirmish that weapon or is it purely a show piece?

However, the end result will be no more effective to use

Actually it will. it makes it very easy to attach rails for foregrips, lights and lasers. Reckon you should post this over on Uzitalk.com.

Still don't like it myself but can appreciate the value of the idea.

To fix it on perhaps you could make a block that secures to the barrel by grub screw and holds an M4 Forend Ring in place.

Do you skirmish that weapon or is it purely a show piece?

Yes, I do use the Uzi from time to time. Despite the low fps, it's pretty accurate.

it makes it very easy to attach rails for foregrips, lights and lasers.

M4 Forend Ring in place.

Not particular for rails myself, but I suppose a bottom mounted one would be very useful if for at least a torch. Can't put an M4 handguard cap as I'll be cutting off the lip on the handguards that it holds. It's so my suppressor can go through. Already sorted out a way to fix the grips anyway, just freeing up some time to actually implement it, maybe tomorrow.

Handguard is secured. Made a spacer up front that mates against the barrel nut and pinned at the rear through one of the original grip screw holes.

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

Also repainted it because of a strange white blotchy discoloration which I suspect is mold.

Problems with changing the trigger guard and iron sights is that I'll need to make irreversible modifications to the gun. Modifying them isn't a problem for me, but I'd want to be able to change it back later on like if I had spare parts for it. So right now, can't change those two. But I am looking at fabricating new grip panels and pattern them after MOE pistol grips. Also undecided about the stock. I even took a pic of it with my SPAS stock on out of boredom (don't worry, I'm not posting it).

The MOE vertical grip does look good. Will try shopping it on later and see if I like it enough to buy. It's either that or an AFG (not really digging it much) or a simple M3 light.

edit:

I hate this flooring. It makes things look like they're floating when I put the flash on.

Thanks!

Is there enough room for a lipo there?

The handguards a tight squeeze. Better off finding space in the original battery compartment, but then again, I've heard bad things happening to an Uzi after sticking anything higher than 9.6V (could just be with the usual upgraded spring it comes with). Maybe one of those 7.4V lipos will be tame enough.

Looking good!

Why not go for a MP5K PDW-style stock? something folding, yet usable.

As for the vert grip, leave it off entirely, you're adding enough grip area to the front why spoil it now with a vertical grip?

And if you can mod a MIAD on there.. *Dribble*

Archived