Element factory closed?

Maekl

Some people in AirsoftForums claim that Element's factories in china have been closed because they started making full airsoft guns (which is illegal in china, obviously) and the owned has been jailed for 2 years! :o Frontiers, any information about this? :unsure:

I have heard from multiple sources that Element has shut down - a lot of their products on the street are either OOS or listed as out of production.

However, you know how ACM is - one company dies, another pops back in its place. It seems that ACM companies AABB and Building Fire have picked up Element's lost slack (this is personal deduction, because the new AABB/BF Elcan Specter DR's were released in their name, when in reality they were announced by Element a long time ago).

Its all backroom bribes and underhand dealings, guess element got asked to pay too much or tried to get away with too much, its happens but this is china, they'll be back companies will 'acquire' the moulds for element products if not the company simply re-established under a new name in a more secure location.

Some people in AirsoftForums claim that Element's factories in china have been closed because they started making full airsoft guns (which is illegal in china, obviously) and the owned has been jailed for 2 years! :o Frontiers, any information about this? :unsure:

in January at the toy show, Element showed their M4 line they where making and week after the boss was detained, he was locked for about 3 weeks after he was released and last time i called him about 2 weeks ago or so he still answered his mobile so i dont know where the jailed for 2 years came up. They are down now but will come back at some point i think they are relocating and trying to recover, usually these "hits" come when local police found out there is money to be made and they "hit" them and blackmail for money, you pay money and they let you go, then they ask more money for moulds and whatever they confiscated during the raid, same happened with Cyma couple years back, cops took the moulds they had in there and asked insane amount of money so Cyma boss just remade his moulds that he lost. I believe they will be back but exact date is impossible to know, it will take a moment. Another news i heard 5KU factory stop working, they didnt get any trouble just no sales (i think too high prices deterred their business) so no 5KU also anymore (Old stock will float around but eventually will end, sooner or later)

EWwww... those are bad bad news... Didnt know the cops side of the story though... I suppose they have to make a living... :lol:

Truth be told, I wont cry for 5KU as Im not a fan of the GBBs and GBBRs and there are already a lot of brands to fill their gap :)

Truth be told, I wont cry for 5KU as Im not a fan of the GBBs and GBBRs and there are already a lot of brands to fill their gap :)

Yea, word has always been 5KU has always sucked lol. Though they are the only maker I know so far that makes a WA M4 GBBR buffer tube with a removable rear.

Frontiers, do you know if theres anything up with AABB? There doesn't seem to be much of that around at the moment.

There is another games coming soon, Shenzhen Universiade 2011 (university World games) Things have been going more tight again, im sure the bloody games could affect shipping schedules, it looks like we are cursed, since 2008 every year Major event in the country :(

Saw this on ROSV.com today:

"Shortage / Slow supply of goods ...

Dear Customers,

Due to the shortage / slow supply of goods from the following manufacturers lately please kindly allow a few more days for your order being despatched ;

- Element and Z-tactical (serious shortage of supply ...)

- Pantac (especially Multicam products)

- Magpul

- Cyma

Thanks for your attention and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

RSOV.com sales team"

Have no idea how long its been there...but....

Saw this on ROSV.com today:

"Shortage / Slow supply of goods ...

Dear Customers,

Due to the shortage / slow supply of goods from the following manufacturers lately please kindly allow a few more days for your order being despatched ;

- Element and Z-tactical (serious shortage of supply ...)

- Pantac (especially Multicam products)

- Magpul

- Cyma

Thanks for your attention and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

RSOV.com sales team"

Have no idea how long its been there...but....

That's been there for a while, I remember reading that at least 3 weeks ago.

Another news i heard 5KU factory stop working, they didnt get any trouble just no sales (i think too high prices deterred their business) so no 5KU also anymore (Old stock will float around but eventually will end, sooner or later)
Aw shucks. Any news on whether someone is going to pick up their more "interesting" products, like the Revolver Launcher?

Archived