Which make of MP5 should I buy reliability wise?

Chrissyg

ICS vs. TM  

60 members have voted

1. 1. ICS vs. TM

• TM MP5 A4
    • TM MP5 SD6
    • ICS MP5 A4
    • ICS MP5 SD5

Hey guys,

Im thinking of trading in my TM MP5k PDW in the light that all of the weapons banning etc... on the news, and I am wanting to know what you guys' experiences with different version of the MP5 range offer in reliability wise, also in durability and and ROF. I know I want the solid stock for the battery capacity etc... So what are your opinions and please dont vote unless you have a point of view and post. All help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chrissyg

edit: Btw in the vote I mean TM MP5 SD5.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although, I would've gone for the old SEF reciever instead of the navy. Looks better in imho, and more ergonomic grip. Anyway, the metal body is just so much cooler than the plastic one. Very high rof with the ics one if you use 9,6V

from a reliability standpoint the TM will probably be the best but the ICS one ain't that bad either, its more luck when you get the ics one.

also i know that ICS mp5s and m16s are good but only if you tweak/tune them well otherwise you may end up with a mp5 that will break every other week.

if you are a gearhead and are good at servicing AEGs and don't mind spending a little extra money on the ICS to increase tis internal durability then go for it, but if you are the kind of person who just leaves it stock i would get the TM.

Ok guys thanks for that. I do really like the idea of a full metal body for more realism etc... I may upgrade to a m100 spring and get a shop to get some better internals if I get the money I suppose. But as far as it goes I will probably keep it stock for the moment etc...Also does the silencer do much on either of the SD5's, if so which one is better at supressing sound?

Elenhinan which one did you vote for by the way?

Cheers for your help

Chrissyg

tm mp5's except mp5k and pdw are the worst mp5's out there

just ask forum member sp00n trust he will tell you more bad things than u want to know about tm mp5 a4 and sd5 and what not

but remember this excludes the k models because they have differnt mechbox and all

and another thing the sd5 and a4 are same internally just differnt barrel

i finally held a ics mp5 a4 and they are awsome and the body is awsome

This information might help him a lot :angry: At least every version 2 weapon has got the same internals expect the barrel.... :blink:

TM MPK and PDW are a great choice. Problem with the ICS ones is: just a high cap, no loading tool, very noisy, designed to use 9,6V batteries! This is no option. Accuracy and power is nearly the same as the TM ones.

So there´s this plastic vs metal body. Some guys managed to break their weapons...never managed to do so, but everyone tells it...as anyone says you can´t upgrade a FAMAS, 9,6V batteries will damage your gear box, AK am b3st TM gun (fake wood stock suckz and this plastic body really kicks *albatross* if it comes to the look), .... and the rest of the myth.

When I get the 10 million jackpot today I will go for some ICS ones to produce a video showing how they break when hitten against trees or used by ...... what´s that animal with the proboscis right in the face? :D

metal, almost reliable, rattling High Cap => ICS

Plastic, highly reliable (as there is a difference to me between reliability and sturdiness), Low Cap, Loading Tool => TM, go for the High Grade ones

ICS I would say and the MP5, however my standard ICS mag could be pulled out with little force, and the hop was pants..sooooooooo TM Mags and TM hop. Gearboxes are noisey but it scares the life out of people in urban.

Put systema solid metal bearings in (yes they do fit) and up the spring (for urban to 1J) Guns as solid as a rock. Feels real

I have an ICS mp5sd, and it's just great.

I shunned the solid stock though, as there is a 9.6v 1500MaH battery made to fit in the front grip of the SD that is sufficient. This is made by Sanyo and is availible @wgc for 42$.

About the stock, I don't regret buying a Folding stock at all, but it's propably not as long-lasting as the solid, even if it's cooler.

Concerning the grips, I DO regret getting a navy grip, the selector on the SEF grip is better, it's a lot comfier too.

If your SD feeds crappy and the mag falls out all of the time, then adjust the screw until both mag releases are "tight". This will result in spectacular feed.

I'm buying 3 mags for it this summer, goddamnit I look forward to locaps, no more winding!

I cannot understand why people whine about ther opponents using Hicaps, reloading is far easier than wheelspinning.

I wish I had that extra money, I will be getting a full auto tracer unit, but after I have bought the gun and I have more money as this new gun will take up ALL of my money. PS does anyone want to buy an MP5K PDW? If so PM me and we can sort something out!

Cheers

Chris

TM are more reliable, ICS internals can be a little iffy sometimes. People are just attracted to ICS because they major in 'full metal' guns, despite the fact that real MP5s, M16s, M4s etc etc ARE NOT METAL IN REAL LIFE.

Tokyo Marui rock \m/

-Jay

Archived