Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

I get into work at 8am, and I'm usually the first in the office, except for Val, the nice little old lady in payroll. Being that I go to the kitchen for a drink first thing every day anyway, I always get her a glass of water in the process.

Got in this morning to find she'd bought me a fun-sized (35CL) bottle of Jack Daniels as a thankyou gift. I am literally lost for words. The size of the smile on my face is immense.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things that have made me smile today are:

2: I think I've found a pic of Fireknife online

That is the fourth time that has happened, being compared to Quagmire. To be honest he is the one I do enjoy the most on Family Guy so that says a lot :P.

Also I want to see boobs, ok time to ask that girl I can get free 'favours' from ;)

The water was very cold, so there were ten...

Wait that is the punchline? I have heard better jokes coming from Tommy Wiseau.

'FireKnife'

It's my day off!

Had a bit of a moan about it in the other thread, but I got to let my wife lie in for a bit while I walked my dogs to the sun rising, which was lovely!

Lucky you, wish I had dogs to walk :P.

Still I am off from the 20th to the 3rd, lots of days to run around a nice cold wooded area on private land and shoot at targets, one to test my competition idea and two to clean up my skill a bit, felt a bit messy at The Mall so need some time to practice :D.

'FireKnife'

I get into work at 8am, and I'm usually the first in the office, except for Val, the nice little old lady in payroll. Being that I go to the kitchen for a drink first thing every day anyway, I always get her a glass of water in the process.

Got in this morning to find she'd bought me a fun-sized (35CL) bottle of Jack Daniels as a thankyou gift. I am literally lost for words. The size of the smile on my face is immense.

Now, drink half of it, fill the rest up with urine and leave it in the fridge.

That sounds a lot like you're implying Jack Daniels is not the greatest alcoholic beverage ever conceived. I am hurt. :P

It wont taste any different ;). It is American alcohol after all and they do make some weak stuff.

Still it is a nice gift, I get nothing at my work, but then gave nothing too so fair is fair.

'FireKnife'

Before everyone starts on about the 'It's not proper whisky'/'This old dusty stuff from Scotland is far better'/American alcohol is rubbish;

I disagree entirely, Jack Daniels is essentially my religion, and I drink Corona. And I don't care what anyone else thinks. So ner. :P

Before everyone starts on about the 'It's not proper whisky'/'This old dusty stuff from Scotland is far better'/American alcohol is rubbish;

I disagree entirely, Jack Daniels is essentially my religion, and I drink Corona. And I don't care what anyone else thinks. So ner. :P

Each to their own, but it is still pretty fail.

Saying that some Scottish whisky is a bit fail, some of the ones that you can go try up in Aberdeenshire and Morayshire really are not good at all, but then that is all personal taste. :P

'FireKnife'

Jack Daniels isn't whisky anyway, therefore not comparable to scottish stuff. It's Whiskey, with an e. Although I'm pretty sure it's actually bourbon. Whatever it is, I *fruitcage* love that *suitcase*.

Bourbon is just a class of whisky: Bourbon whiskey, which is made from mash that consists of at least 51% corn (maize). Nothing special just uses a common American ingredient, as for using the E not sure why they do that, maybe it is part of that colour thing and they just can't spell words properly (and before anyone has a go, we invented the language of English, the other English speaking countries seem to have no issue with using it as is :P).

'FireKnife'

Bourbon is just a class of whisky: Bourbon whiskey, which is made from mash that consists of at least 51% corn (maize). Nothing special just uses a common American ingredient, as for using the E not sure why they do that, maybe it is part of that colour thing and they just can't spell words properly (and before anyone has a go, we invented the language of English, the other English speaking countries seem to have no issue with using it as is :P).

Uhhh, that's maybe because of the Irish, who also spell "whiskey" with an E. And as far as Irish whiskeys go, Tullamore Dew is pretty damn good. As opposed to the Scotch called Chivas Regal. Now I understand why your royals are so *fruitcage*ed up, that stuff is vile and Chivas was the royal purveyor last time I checked...

Aside from that, I bought the mobile version of Fruit Ninja. Definitely a different bird than the Facebook one.

The water was very cold, so there were ten...

Well, what I had in mind is that a cock's a bird too. Anyway, there was a bit of a scandal here recently, where a documentary about various abuses going on in a Catholic school involved the quote "Wanna see my birdy?" ("birdy" being one of the slang names for dong), so that's why I associated the two. ;)

Uhhh, that's maybe because of the Irish, who also spell "whiskey" with an E. And as far as Irish whiskeys go, Tullamore Dew is pretty damn good. As opposed to the Scotch called Chivas Regal. Now I understand why your royals are so *fruitcage*ed up, that stuff is vile and Chivas was the royal purveyor last time I checked...

Hmm, odd, only the Irish and the US call it Whiskey and plural it as Whiskeys, which is incorrect if I recall my pluralisation correctly.

Everywhere else that makes it calls it Whisky and refers to it as Whiskies in the plural.

Meh, either way seems stupid to call it Whiskey rather than Whisky, the latter of which makes more sense to me. :P

'FireKnife'

I didn't men to start a fight I was just referring to the food thief theme in the other thread.

True but it did lead to a bit of:

'Why is American alcohol like having sex in a boat?'

'Because it is *fruitcage*-ing close to water!'

I think I actually need to do some work at work, too little to do and only tomorrow then off on holiday :P.

'FireKnife'

There are strict laws governing just what a Bourbon must be to be labeled as such. For example, at least 51 percent of the grain used in making the whiskey must be corn (most distillers use 65 to 75 percent corn). Bourbon must be aged for a minimum of two years in new, white oak barrels that have been charred. Nothing can be added at bottling to enhance flavor, add sweetness or alter color.

Jack Daniel's is not considered a bourbon because it is charcoal-mellowed -- slowly, drop by drop, filtered through sugar-maple charcoal -- prior to aging, which many experts say gives it a different character. The process, called the Lincoln County Process, infuses a sweet and sooty character into the distillate as it removes impurities. But up to and after the charcoal filtering, the Jack Daniel's production is much the same as any other Bourbon. Jack Daniel's and George Dickel are two fine Tennessee Whiskeys though neither can be called bourbon.

Personally, I'll just take a never-ending supply of Islay malt.

Personally, I'll just take a never-ending supply of Islay malt.

Me too.

When I used to drink my favourite was Lagavulin, that peaty taste.

Hold it under your tongue and let it evaporate in your mouth then breathe the fumes out through your nose.

Amazing.

Jack Daniel's is not considered a bourbon because it is charcoal-mellowed -- slowly, drop by drop, filtered through sugar-maple charcoal -- prior to aging, which many experts say gives it a different character. The process, called the Lincoln County Process, infuses a sweet and sooty character into the distillate as it removes impurities. But up to and after the charcoal filtering, the Jack Daniel's production is much the same as any other Bourbon. Jack Daniel's and George Dickel are two fine Tennessee Whiskeys though neither can be called bourbon.

Now I just want to drink Jack Daniels all day. I think I might.

Currently I have a litre in my room, after the bottle Val the nice payroll lady bought me this morning.

Also, *fruitcage* off Google Chrome, trying to tell me I'm spelling litre wrong. You *rickroll*.

I still have half a large 1 liter bottle of some budget blended scotch and almost a whole bottle of Jack Daniel's Honey "Liqueur" (which actually is a straight-up Jack Daniels sweetened with honey, it's still 70 proof so you can get hammered real quick).

I need to get myself a bottle of honey JD actually; It's a really nice sippin' drink. Standard Jack I usually mix with coke, and I have the occasional glass on ice, but I can quite happily just drink the honey JD neat. I'm also confident after seeing a receipt left around the house that I'm getting a bottle of JD Holiday Select for Christmas, which should be interesting... By the time it gets to new years I'm gonna have enough JD to get myself wankered for a good fortnight.

Also, *fruitcage* off Google Chrome, trying to tell me I'm spelling litre wrong. You *rickroll*.

Try the UK install version. Oh wait they never bothered as they think, like some Americans do, that the English they speak is the correct one :P.

As for the honey one might have to try that but then JD has never been a huge hit of mine #goes back to the corner clutching his Jagermeister that tastes like classic medicine#

'FireKnife'

Archived