Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

An hour left and then I can call it quits for a couple of days! Christmas isn't so much about the family thing any more, it's more to do with the fact I get some time off work! :P

Also buying back an AUG I sold last year where it got used for one game and had the fore grip broken off, the guy's selling it back to me £30 cheaper... and I have a spare fore grip! I can't remember what it had with it though. I might need some new mags.

Can't help you there, mine uses STANAG mags.

Really good guns though, love them.

I had a KJW Glock 23 unexpectedly arrive today, in basically brand new condition, that cost me £31, and it came from Hong Kong, and I got charged no customs on it or anything!

Tomorrow I get an LM4 with an SWS 9.28" rail and 3 mags, and I've already got a PEQ15, an Eotech XPS3, a set of nice folding sights, an MOE grip, a Magpul gas pedal (what a silly name for a thumbrest) to bolt onto it.

Tonight I am going to the pub in my shiteshirt.

I love Christmas.

Humbug.

Real Steel XPS3 or copy?

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A copy of course, I'm not mental in the head enough to spend £450 on a sight for a toy gun. Honestly, I can see ZERO justification for ever buying an R/S optic for an Airsoft gun, unless you're a lottery winner, have a real gun you use it on, or have gone utterly and totally insane. 

Or live somewhere where you can get one for a decent price.

And before the inevitable argument of "They're miles better and the price is justifiable" argument crops up: I understand that in the USA, you can get a good real steel optic for less than £100, and that's fantastic, really. But since most of us live in the ITAR-YOU-GOSH-DARN-FORREEEENERS zone of not-USA, we can't get them at the same prices you do. And when you have to pay 10 times the cost of the replica for a sight it's really not so much of a great investment when for 90% of airsofters it is enough to have a replica.

Also if I ever ran a real steel optic I'd probably have to put a kill flash on it immediately to stop it getting shot out and making me cry all the tears.

In just over 24hours it will all be over, dinner will have been had and presents will be open. Finally I can get back to 364 days to Christmas.

Now where shall I go for New Year? Out on town to see if I can't find someone to 'ring in the New Year' as it where? :P

'FireKnife'

Even my EBBRs have killed replica optics and they don't recoil as hard, so that's enough justification for me personally with regards to the purchasing of RS stuff.

OT - There's a nice could contrast of grey clouds, bright blue through the gaps and blaze orange round the edges when I look out my window, so that's pretty.

An EBBR can kill an optic? That's not something I've seen before, although I can believe it after seeing the damage a WOC has done to chinese optics. Still, when I say R/S optics I should probably have been a little clearer; £450 for an Eotech seems silly to me, but for an R/S Optic that's between £1-200 ish, I can see a justification there.

And I quite like when clouds look like smoke and fire, it sort of makes it look like the end of the world, but without the horrible firey death part.

Airsoft guns haven't got the range to justify a real steel optic , if you wanna burn cash go for it !!!

It's got nothing to do with range, that's not related to what we're discussing at all.

Blowback kills the electronics, I'd rather buy one RS optic which willl last a life time of airsoft and perform well above necessary requirements.  Buying 20 replicas which all get wrecked in short order would be burning the cash.

Another good way to freak children out is having your fake call me app set to father christmas and set it to go off 5 mins after they're misbehaving.  The look of sheer terror in their eyes when they see who it is is hilarious.

I'm happy my G&P T1 hasn't died from my MP9, mind you, the MP9 kinda vibrates rather than recoils (Shut it, FireKnife!) :P

EDIT: Stunt, I do have a box of Pmags that would probably look great in the Aug. Do you have a guide on the conversion at all?

Hmmmm.

Might just have to try them out...

No I don't but it was made for me by a member on here called TreadHead, he may have done one.

On the real optic on an airsoft replica I am all for it under certain conditions.

A magnified scope (real or not) is next to useless on an airsoft gun, heavy, expensive, pointless, reduces your field of view and will only be actually zeroed in on a small portion of the trajectory anyway.

A red dot is OK, I wouldn't use them but an open sight is useful to some people.

An EO-Tech is a different matter.

I had a real one for a long time and it was absolutely amazing, the way it guides your eye onto target while still allowing you to shoot in the way that suits airsoft best (head up both eyes open) is amazing.

For those of you who have never used one you just can't think like a red-dot, it isn't anything like shooting with a red dot.

Mine had two rings and a dot as a reticle and the largest ring was projected closest, with the middle ring in the middle and the dot farthest away, in use it looked like a huge cone pointing towards your POA projected in the air 6 feet in front of you.

When using a red-dot you are always aware that the dot is inside the scope.  With an EO-Tech it is like you have Predator vision or a really complex laser projection, you stop seeing the scope all together.

Anyway, mine was also on a Sun Project M4 with SniperX internals which had similar recoil to a RS L85 and just chewed up cheap red dots.

I stopped using mine when the second or third chinese clone came out, I just got sick of people telling me my guard had fallen off or the tape looked *suitcase* (it was holding a 6mm perspex screen protector on) or notably (and my favourite) having a geardo pointing out to me that the markings and trades were wrong on mine and that it was supposed to look like his.

What a douche.

Anyway, if a new guy asks if he needs a scope I always say no, just get another mag or a mag pouch or any of the billion things that are actually useful.  If you have the money though and you absolutely have to have a scope and you want an RS one - it has to be an EO-Tech.

Have seen three rs sights , one eotech , an Acog and a 1200 pound night vision shot out by bbs , to say the owners were not happy is the understatement of the year !!!

That's the reason I wouldn't fit them to an Airsoft gun , + the fact that they are not really needed unless you are sniping or have a site with very low light levels and have metal sights that are no good for this scenario ,

Decent RS optics need not cost a lot of money.

I have a Vortex SPARC and STRIKEFIRE which are budget alternatives to the Aimpoint T1 and ML3 respectively.

I paid silly money for both from ebay brand new after watching glowing reviews on them on The Military Arms Channel on YouTube.

Needless to say, if they can hold zero against the recoil of a 5.56 carbine, Airsoft's a walk in the park for them.

OT: In my opinion it will always be the user, not the sights that justify how good it is or if it is needed.

I have seen people go for years and hit hard with iron sights but at the same time a player that assumed that as his ACOG clone had 4x magnification he could alway hit what he saw.

I am used to irons, pistols get too chunky and heavy with many electronic sights on anyway, and at the ranges were pistols work best why would I even need super accurate sights.

I'm happy my G&P T1 hasn't died from my MP9, mind you, the MP9 kinda vibrates rather than recoils (Shut it, FireKnife!) :P

My GFs new toy does that too, nothing wrong with a little extra weaponary when you need it :P.

As for your MP9, it was nice to shoot, but for me it wouldn't be a good purchase as up here I don't have much of a chance to use it. Damn having the cash but not the choice to spend it, wait wrong thread, happy, happy thoughts.

'FireKnife'

An all day sesh.

Get home, wife pops downstairs in a naughty Santa outfit.

A good day. Bed now, rather !

Wait so you got turned on by a suit made popular by a fat guy that sneaks into the rooms of children, at night and leaves them a little suprise?

I might have to call the police :P.

Also my happy thing for the day, no more Christmas, no more money coming out my account that could be better spent on things that others may actually need and I haven't put on an ounce of weight. Though by the sounds of it the size 10 GF might be a size 12-14 by the time she gets back. Still love her though.

'FireKnife'

Curbstomped some a-hole mouthing off at my sister outside the local pub, felt so good..

Ah violence, the university challenged persons response to a situation. ;)

Those pics remind me to get something nice for the missus in red for her birthday, along with the other presents and the meal out of course.

It also reminds me not to click on some links while at work.

'FireKnife'

The boredom of daytime tv being broken by hearing the bearded gnome Noel Edmunds say the following to a female contestant on deal or no deal

"you've got a big hole there"

Followed a couple of minutes later by

"you can have some fun with that hole"

Archived