Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Ohhhh, Fantasy Subway League....

Italian BMT with honey mustard dressing, cheese, sweetcorn, pickles, red onion and green peppers.

All on 12" herby bread (forget its name).

Today, I stuck 2 fingers up at my 25 year relationship with SLR's and embraced the Mirrorless.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can change anyones opinion of spam with one meal.

1. Cook some pasta.

2. Cut up some onions and peppers and sweat them for a bit.

3. Cut up a block of spam into large cubes.

4. Mix a tin of mushroom soup into the pasta and add ketchup until it's all pinky/red.

5. Mix in all the chopped stuff and add lots of grated cheese.

6. Oven for 20 mins at 200 then add some more cheese to the top for 10 mins.

7. Try not to eat it all.

I easily could, you have inlcuded two things that just taste horrible, mushroom soup and Spam, it is like putting make-up on a donkey, it is still a donkey (and is probably made from donkey).

Ohhhh, Fantasy Subway League....

Ok, mine on a good day: Cheese Steak, on Italian Herb and Cheese bread, with gherkins, one or two jalapenos, some peppers, sweetcorn, BBQ sauce and wash it down with a Coca Cola, full fat of course. :P

Immediate thought then was about a Belgian firearm, and racked my brain for a 'mirrorless' gun reference!

is a British Commonwealth derivative of the Belgian FN FAL battle rifle, produced under licence.

Sorry I couldn't help it, from the Wiki page. :D

Captain Pedantic away!!!!!

'FireKnife'

This date, 4 years ago, it was snowing in Norfolk, and around about right now I was waiting very nervously at the front of a church for a certain lady to appear.

Thank God she did, I'd have looked a right prat if she decided I wasn't right for her.

soppy and girly and touchy feely, I may be, but goddamn I love my wife. :D

This date, 4 years ago, it was snowing in Norfolk, and around about right now I was waiting very nervously at the front of a church for a certain lady to appear.

Thank God she did, I'd have looked a right prat if she decided I wasn't right for her.

soppy and girly and touchy feely, I may be, but goddamn I love my wife. :D

Well if she didn't turn up it could be worse, you could have had someone turned up dressed like the king from the Burger King adverts and offer you a beer? :P

And I would assume you love your wife, this isn't the 1800s or anytime before that were people married as they got lots of money and children from it, and nothing else. :D

Still if I ever get married who knows what it is going to be like, over the top is what I bet and not in a church, ever.

Finally kudos on the 4 year anniversary.

'FireKnife'

I easily could, you have inlcuded two things that just taste horrible, mushroom soup and Spam, it is like putting make-up on a donkey, it is still a donkey (and is probably made from donkey).

'FireKnife'

I hate mushrooms. You can't taste the mushroom soup. It's purely for lubrication. And spam is the whole point of this recipe. I didn't like it before I tried it in this. I guarantee it will change your mind.

I am just one of those that doesn't like it, simple as that, it just doesn't taste good to me, no matter how hard you try to make it taste ok, at the end of the day that just sounds like disguising flavour and I was always taught to not do so, not much point in trying to change the flavour of something cheap, it is what it is :P.

As for mushrooms, I just don't like them cooked into something, I find they add a bit of slimy-ness that just ruins the taste of things, just enough to make it horrible. But then everyone on the planet has a different taste, I am sure someone out there wont like my barbeque chicken that I make. Don't know who they are but I am sure someone wont. :D

'FireKnife'

I can change anyones opinion of spam with one meal.

1. Cook some pasta.

2. Cut up some onions and peppers and sweat them for a bit.

3. Cut up a block of spam into large cubes.

4. Mix a tin of mushroom soup into the pasta and add ketchup until it's all pinky/red.

5. Mix in all the chopped stuff and add lots of grated cheese.

6. Oven for 20 mins at 200 then add some more cheese to the top for 10 mins.

7. Try not to eat it all.

Now make that recipe again but with good quality sausage meat (Lorne sausage if you can get it), sliced and grilled.

Then, never eat SPAM again.

Lucky you, where I was you couldn't and the only place that had it where the missus was up in Newcastle was the local butcher and it was expensive. In Scotland you just pop into the shops or Lidls and buy a load of it, best is the MacAllan breakfast pack from Lidl, all sorts of Scottish treats and win.

'FireKnife'

I used to eat the 4Kg one of those for breakfast with my mate Graeme.

Grrrrrrr

Meat, breakfast of champions.

There is a really, really good butcher near here who didn't do it. When I asked him for it he did some research and made it for me, he now has it in permanently.

He also does locally produced honey which has eased my hayfever via the medium of witchcraft.

What I can't find down here and yu get in Aberdeen is butteries and mealy puddin'.

Lucky beeotch.

stunt: the honey will work by the bees making the honey from the local flowers and plants and stuff, and so some of the pollen is in the honey, and so you're almost innoculating yourself against the evil pollen, not witchcraft, but close as dammit.

Sadly i dont like honey, and so can't do the same for myself. Also i'm allergic to ALL the plants, including grass, and hedges, and trees, and when peeling potatoes my hands go all itchy.

CQB player then Tink?

I would hope so, or plays in open quarries etc?

What I can't find down here and yu get in Aberdeen is butteries and mealy puddin'.

Lucky beeotch.

That is like saying I have lost all my limbs, but I am still alive to appreciate it :D. Really it is a hollow compromise, considering what else we get up here, plus in Edinburgh you can get butteries, just have to go to the right places.

Not witchcraft, it's just pure sugar!

Well it does work, makes me laugh at all the people that *badgeress* about too much salt, so what did we do before the days of common refridgeration etc, we used salt as a preservative. It worked and people still lived as long back when we took away all the salt and sugar. They were just happier. :P

'FireKnife'

I'm going to have to call you on that, life expectancy has been going steadily up.

But sugar and salt related happiness has been dropping.

OK, I understand that I am inoculating myself, but inoculation is also witchcraft.

I don't care what all the scientific journals say, the bible says otherwise and it's been around longer.

Just for fun, I am tying out ignorance, to see it actually is bliss.

Ah, bad choice of words on my part. Not allergically allergic to anything myself, although the wife carries an Epi-pen around with her as she has a sever peanut, almond, hazelnut and nut allergy - that was a fun conversation with the St johsn ambulance people while doing health and safety training. Essentially, an epi-pen has *just enough* adrenaline to keep the heart going until the ambulance arrives, in theory, and that if somehow wifey went into anaphalactic shock, i should "expect to have to resuscitate her"...

I meant to say i get year round hayfever, which as far as i can tell is from grass and hedges (i come out in an awful rash if i much about with conifers, such as cutting hedges :<) unless i take tablets for it. Itchy eyes, watery eyes, runny nose and sneezing. all the classic signs, but if i go a day without a pill, its hell.

I'm going to have to call you on that, life expectancy has been going steadily up.

But sugar and salt related happiness has been dropping.

OK, I understand that I am inoculating myself, but inoculation is also witchcraft.

I don't care what all the scientific journals say, the bible says otherwise and it's been around longer.

Just for fun, I am tying out ignorance, to see it actually is bliss.

UK or Scotland?

Plus you have many other factors, including work related deaths and reduction in health issues like smoking, kind of puts having a bit extra salt further down on the list :P.

Ignorance is bliss, for some, like those people in Aberdeen that keep trying to force God on me then when I prove them wrong they ignore me and think happy thoughts, simple as that.

'FireKnife'

Archived