Blog: Magpul PTS announces the PDR AEG

talon_0315

Hopefully they'll have put in a groove with an o-ring to retain those rounds which are fed in but not fired, wouldn't be hard to do. That way you could manually load a few in to the feed tube of the weapon before you start a game, and since non will fall out when you remove the magazine you won't be wasting any ammo at all.

Only problem with that of course is that you'd have to make sure to turn the weapon upside down and fire a good few shots in order to 100% clear it before entering he safe zone, which is easy enough for most people, but some nugget out there will inevitably forget.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully they'll have put in a groove with an o-ring to retain those rounds which are fed in but not fired, wouldn't be hard to do. That way you could manually load a few in to the feed tube of the weapon before you start a game, and since non will fall out when you remove the magazine you won't be wasting any ammo at all.

Only problem with that of course is that you'd have to make sure to turn the weapon upside down and fire a good few shots in order to 100% clear it before entering he safe zone, which is easy enough for most people, but some nugget out there will inevitably forget.

unless your sealing is that good, it simply sucks your bb's into the hop up unit.

I have 3 AEG's who are capable at the moment (it will wear down eventually), but only when firing full auto near the end.

The Tavor I used to have was able to do the same thing.

And yes, I want to see it in Tan, AND FG!

unless your sealing is that good, it simply sucks your bb's into the hop up unit.

I have 3 AEG's who are capable at the moment (it will wear down eventually), but only when firing full auto near the end.

The Tavor I used to have was able to do the same thing.

Not quite sure what your first sentence means if I'm honest.

You're saying that with the right setup a gun will just suck the rounds in the feed tube up in to the hop unit and fire them anyway? Even without the follower in the magazine to push said rounds?

Still in Vegas. Nursing a hangover. I'll try and answer as many questions as I can once I get back to California, sobered up, and regrouped with my thoughts on people's inquiries on this product.

Taken form my first experience of a hangover from last year, Hambuger Helper, Chunky brand soup, Icecream or sherbert helps the best, along with a cold rag.

Thanks for the anticipated info :D

Not quite sure what your first sentence means if I'm honest.

You're saying that with the right setup a gun will just suck the rounds in the feed tube up in to the hop unit and fire them anyway? Even without the follower in the magazine to push said rounds?

Polarstar observed it when they where experimenting with the fusion engine. I could probably do it if I played with the settings enough, didn't think an aeg could do it because of the limited air volume and the way a gearbox works. Something i'd like to see, only works in full auto I think. :P

Polarstar observed it when they where experimenting with the fusion engine. I could probably do it if I played with the settings enough, didn't think an aeg could do it because of the limited air volume and the way a gearbox works. Something i'd like to see, only works in full auto I think. :P

Indeed but your sealing has to be very accurate. I just finished maintenance on a stock G&P M4 this afternoon, and it did the same thing.

Also remember that you need a full cylinder.

I would like to know if theres a standard 14mm thread underneath that funky flash hider, get some silencer action on the go.

They need an actually decent TV sci-fi series first. XD

As far as I remember; Battlestar Galactica already ended.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome. New series.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sooooo... Anything new on this? Been a while now and havent seen anything.

Nothing new. Expected release is mid-year, according to Alex of Magpul PTS back in SHOT 2012 in an interview with Dr. Airsoft.

Still drooling though. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I watched an Airsoft Medicine video where the rep from Magpul PTS said something about August 2012.......

Yep. Comment can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/airsoftmedicine?feature=results_main.

Alex of Magpul writes, "we're expecting an August street date. We're still trying to make final revisions to be 100% satisfied with the product."

So, its still coming, phew, i was worried. I dont even know im so exited about this gun, usually i dont really care but this thing hit me like freight train... Maybe cause its different from the generic M4-with-fancy-ras-unit one can see in the front page every day. Easiest way to make an AR15 that stands out: M4A1, ppl actually come over and wanna test mine :D

Archived