KSC New HOP Upgrade kit

volante

But that brass spring cannot be thicker. because C-ring and brass spring tightly fits in its slot.

Thickness of brass spring is 0.3mm. Measured with Mitutoyo digital calipers.

Maybe spring-steel made one would be nice?

My father and my brother are Engineers (one's in physic other in mechanical) both agreed that the design it self will not last long even if you use tungsten. They stated that it put too much strain on the bridge between the clip and the arm.

It's a matter of bending the arm and trying it until you get the desired range of hop.

Yeah, I tried that, doing so will work for like 200-1000 rounds before it breaks out again.

Long story short. KSC screw up on this. They should've just use a nub like ball bearing design instead of this lever.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long story short. KSC screw up on this. They should've just use a nub like ball bearing design instead of this lever.

A ball bearing has no place in a hop system anywhere, a sphere pressing down on a sphere is just a bad idea... I've never been able to get a KSC hop to a woodland useful degree of accuracy - Personally I'd rather have to bend the spring once every few games than not hit anything :P

Some of above are think this new hop design comes as standard. For few models, that's true.

But if someone wants new hop for his old ball-bearing equipped system7 pistol,

he has to buy Japan version system7 pistol for over 200usd+shipping from Japan. Not from Fire support or WGC.

Many people in high spec laptop forum(such as Alienware) bought HD7970m MXM graphic card to replaced their old card(6970m mostly).

Of course, this 'HD7970m' comes as standard when they buy new laptop.

And new GPUs are tend to be unstable than old one because driver is not fully finished. But 7970 is better than 6970 isn't it?

Someone that can says 'new hop design come as standard' must be a very rich man that can regard $200 pistol as disposable paper cup.

What KSC have done is to apply TM's hop principle on their hop housing with minimum parts change.

Yes it may needs continuous manage but i think, System7 pistols with new hop reached nearest to perfection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Has anyone tried this kit while shooting at close range?

I have a KWA KZ75 I bought last month for practicing IPSC. I find the accuracy to be dismal: about 10cm (4") group size at 6-7m (7-8yards), which is the distance I normally shoot at. The point of impact is also about 10cm higher than the point of aim, even with .28g BBs.

I wouldn't mind spending $45 if this would make my KZ75 usable for IPSC training.

Yes, that's the first thing I tried. Failing that, I removed the ball bearing. This helped a bit. I then molded a bit of plastic putty to cover barrel's hop up window, and shaved off the mound on the inside of hop up rubber. This turned the hop up off for good, but it still shoots about .5" high. I could live with that but the group size didn't improve. 

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to know if anyone uses this kit for shooting close targets accurately.

I'm trying to make hop kit for MK23 and USP match(because KSC don't make new hop barrel for them) but making inner barrel is quite hard : (

I have to manufacture more than 1000 barrel with tolerance +-0.05, and measure their inner diameter one by one to get usable barrels in good price.

I think 6.03~6.06 is good, so probably 50% of manufactured barrels will be go to trashcan. :(

And there is new package!

8576193402_92d9347a5e_z.jpg

This new package cost about 10 times more than plastic bag but as it looks better and more durable.

PC cylinder is 1.5mm thick and there are two cotton balls at each end of package to protect item.

And these are my current projects

8576257290_d57a170dfb_n.jpg

8575162517_835cfee642.jpg

8576257278_41a955a74c.jpg

I can't show you large picture as it has to be in secret.

New very powerful blowback unit for gas pistols.(drop-in for most slides)

It can run steel slide without problem using green gas.(I hate CO2)

First one will be for TM 1911, Hi-capa line ups and P226, KSC pistols will be next.

Volante, why do you hate CO2? It's difficult or illegal to use in airsoft guns in Korea?

CO2's properties makes it very useful in cold climates, more consistent and powerful for guns with heavy steel slides.

1. Using Co2 cartridge cost a lot more than using propane.

2. Co2 cartridge contains less gas than normal magazines.

3. some pistols(KWA and WA pistols) don't need Co2 mag to operate steel slide in low temperature.

4. Co2 mags are ugly.

5. It's illegal in my country.

It's just my personal appetite. Not suggesting to ban Co2 mags. 

Fair enough :)

But I don't agree with points 2 and 3... I've yet to see a GBB powered by propane/green gas being able to function properly at near 0ºC, or the same number of shots per magazine refill...

Have you considered the use of propylene? People experimenting with it are reporting better performance than propane, just a dozen more PSIs, but compatible with existing magazine designs.

Wild, hold fire on that MP9 kit, I MAY be posting a guide on ramming a TM pistol hopup into the MP9 shortly (If it works lol!)

EDIT: I'd just like to point out i'll be taking a more technical approach than 'ramming'.

If you pull this off, I will send you a printed, laminated certificate for being a proper G in the post. Seriously.

Archived