Screwed Over by ARES over China Lake designs

renegadecow

Liked shared and demanded one now on the ICS page, already up to 71 likes, only thing was they suggested putting rails on it, I died a little inside

In a World in which Tanio Koba's masterwork Ruger 10/22 is brought back from the grave only to be rail-ravaged, *anything* is possible.

And, if railing some of them up, wins a manufacturer and a healthier market, it's a small price to pay.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by crackisbad, January 31, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by crackisbad, January 31, 2013 - off topic

Well it will please the CoD-bitches no end.

''Wait so I can haz a pimp action m203 thing with an ACOG and laser on it?''

But then if that is what they want to pay for on they go, if they make a rail-less version (would be silly not to) then I will be so having that. :P

'FireKnife'

In a World in which Tanio Koba's masterwork Ruger 10/22 is brought back from the grave only to be rail-ravaged, *anything* is possible.

And, if railing some of them up, wins a manufacturer and a healthier market, it's a small price to pay.

This is true I have seen some abominations out there

But what sort of warped mind pute ris on a thing of beauty such as a lever action Winchester or a Thompson

Oh well so long as they build some original ones I'll be happy

Well it will please the CoD-bitches no end.

''Wait so I can haz a pimp action m203 thing with an ACOG and laser on it?''

But then if that is what they want to pay for on they go, if they make a rail-less version (would be silly not to) then I will be so having that. :P

'FireKnife'

CoD has so much to answer for

This is true I have seen some abominations out there

But what sort of warped mind pute ris on a thing of beauty such as a lever action Winchester or a Thompson

Oh well so long as they build some original ones I'll be happy

So I take it you hven't seen the companies that offer a full RIS set for the lever action rifles? Trust me you don't want to.

CoD has so much to answer for

Yes, like how a China Lake is common as muck, a .50 or .338 Magnum rifle can be fired, while standing with no issue at all and a Desert Eagle has the same recoil as a .45 1911. Oh and can't forget that when you load a gun you invisibly rack the action to lose a useful round :P.

'FireKnife'

So I take it you hven't seen the companies that offer a full RIS set for the lever action rifles? Trust me you don't want to.

Yes, like how a China Lake is common as muck, a .50 or .338 Magnum rifle can be fired, while standing with no issue at all and a Desert Eagle has the same recoil as a .45 1911. Oh and can't forget that when you load a gun you invisibly rack the action to lose a useful round :P.

'FireKnife'

I have (I was disturbed to say the least) what sort of horrible individual does something like that

The unreality of CoD is one thing, (I'm not a player of such games myself, much prefer to get out there for "real" by which I mean with an aeg out on the field of play) but CoD softers really do anger me (a controversial statement which will upset many) Most issues I have run into in games have tended to be with CoD softers, especially those inexperienced in airsoft terms, who pic a rifle on the basis of what it does in the game then expect it to perform identically in the airsoft world, and accuse people of not taking their hits at silly ranges or high wind enviroments or one of many of the other factors which can effect performance in the field (there are no cheat codes to upload in airsoft guys)

Rant over lol

I have (I was disturbed to say the least) what sort of horrible individual does something like that

The unreality of CoD is one thing, (I'm not a player of such games myself, much prefer to get out there for "real" by which I mean with an aeg out on the field of play) but CoD softers really do anger me (a controversial statement which will upset many) Most issues I have run into in games have tended to be with CoD softers, especially those inexperienced in airsoft terms, who pic a rifle on the basis of what it does in the game then expect it to perform identically in the airsoft world, and accuse people of not taking their hits at silly ranges or high wind enviroments or one of many of the other factors which can effect performance in the field (there are no cheat codes to upload in airsoft guys)

Rant over lol

All I had was a kid try and run up into an open field where he thought he was among guys on his side and do some '360, no scope' thing which makes no sense to me. After his rather pointless twirl I put two in his chest from about 10m away and watched as the other players with him went from looking like they where looking after a child to 'oh hell where did that come from'.

Personally I have nothing against them, they are often the first to go and get shot at on a whim and try something to flush out the enemy than the 'experienced' players that sit and fling plastic at nothing.

'FireKnife'

All I had was a kid try and run up into an open field where he thought he was among guys on his side and do some '360, no scope' thing which makes no sense to me. After his rather pointless twirl I put two in his chest from about 10m away and watched as the other players with him went from looking like they where looking after a child to 'oh hell where did that come from'.

Personally I have nothing against them, they are often the first to go and get shot at on a whim and try something to flush out the enemy than the 'experienced' players that sit and fling plastic at nothing.

'FireKnife'

You could probably fill pages with the stories various people have about CoD softers, my favourite though is still the time some lad tried to camp on a spawn point like he did on CoD, he was sat JUST outside the 30m no engagement zone we had at the spawn points, and was picking of people the second they put a foot over the 30m limit, needless to say a few irritated airsofters were getting fed up of this, so 10 of them who were stuck at the spawn point, took a slightly long winded route out of the spawn point and emerged directly behind the CoD softer, one quick blast from all 10 players and cue the crying about overkill

You could probably fill pages with the stories various people have about CoD softers, my favourite though is still the time some lad tried to camp on a spawn point like he did on CoD, he was sat JUST outside the 30m no engagement zone we had at the spawn points, and was picking of people the second they put a foot over the 30m limit, needless to say a few irritated airsofters were getting fed up of this, so 10 of them who were stuck at the spawn point, took a slightly long winded route out of the spawn point and emerged directly behind the CoD softer, one quick blast from all 10 players and cue the crying about overkill

Sounds familiar, I spent an entire game going behind enemy lines (big site and only 20-25 players that day) finding the ones that people kept calling cheat against and double tapping them from about 10m, one of them even turned, saw me, assumed that as I was behind him that I was on his team then had a raging go at me when I shot at him (he didn't ask who I was, just looked and went back to firing).

The only reason I would say they are CoD-softers is that they kept talking about Black Ops one all the time, in the loudest possible voices. And I thought said game was an 18 for a reason, most of these were with parents / guardians and about 15-18 at best.

Anyway as to the topic in hand (if you want to continue discussing and laughing about stories past you are welcome to PM me ToaDi or make a new thread in Off-Topic, so long as it is considerate slating :P) it is a damn shame that rails are the first thing they think about but alas I don't expect more from companies nowadays, rails are popular and people want them so why not? Like I said, it is comes in a streamlined, non-rail version too I am happy.

'FireKnife'

Sounds familiar, I spent an entire game going behind enemy lines (big site and only 20-25 players that day) finding the ones that people kept calling cheat against and double tapping them from about 10m, one of them even turned, saw me, assumed that as I was behind him that I was on his team then had a raging go at me when I shot at him (he didn't ask who I was, just looked and went back to firing).

The only reason I would say they are CoD-softers is that they kept talking about Black Ops one all the time, in the loudest possible voices. And I thought said game was an 18 for a reason, most of these were with parents / guardians and about 15-18 at best.

Anyway as to the topic in hand (if you want to continue discussing and laughing about stories past you are welcome to PM me ToaDi or make a new thread in Off-Topic, so long as it is considerate slating :P) it is a damn shame that rails are the first thing they think about but alas I don't expect more from companies nowadays, rails are popular and people want them so why not? Like I said, it is comes in a streamlined, non-rail version too I am happy.

'FireKnife'

So true, why is it the first thing they think of, for me the first thing would be the materials it is made of, appreciating that this would have been made of steel and wood in real life, but understanding that with a full load of 'nades this would be one heavy beastie, but would feel so reassuring in your hands. I'd assume any company making this would most likely build it from ABS

There seems to be an increasing amount of interest in this project in the industry press. 

Why not shoot a letter to Arms or Combat Magazine. The Japanese market would go nuts for this.

I think that's a good suggestion - also Airsoft International; if not to wax lyrical about ARES' apparent lack of ethics, but to show case the technical talent that went into building this prototype.

There seems to be an increasing amount of interest in this project in the industry press. 

Why not shoot a letter to Arms or Combat Magazine. The Japanese market would go nuts for this.

Awesome suggestion, could possibly do the same with UK magazines too, (any globally for that matter), get a real demand going for it all around, maybe even amoung  nam softers/re-enactors forums and magazines too they'd love something like this too.

To be honest with the ground work for research and design already done, and a working proto type demonstrating its ability I'm surprised manufacturers aren't coming to you

Awesome suggestion, could possibly do the same with UK magazines too, (any globally for that matter), get a real demand going for it all around, maybe even amoung  nam softers/re-enactors forums and magazines too they'd love something like this too.

To be honest with the ground work for research and design already done, and a working proto type demonstrating its ability I'm surprised manufacturers aren't coming to you

It may well be that most don't know...

Time to get that letter written. I'll try, Arms, Combat and Gun. Can't hurt to hit them all.

Time to get that letter written. I'll try, Arms, Combat and Gun. Can't hurt to hit them all.

I'd appreciate it. But it also churns my paranoia that TM will abduct me while I sleep and keep me in a locked cellar filled with raw materials and only feed me whenever I churn out a new gun for them.

I'd appreciate it. But it also churns my paranoia that TM will abduct me while I sleep and keep me in a locked cellar filled with raw materials and only feed me whenever I churn out a new gun for them.

I hope you're hungry then mate, the airsofting world needs more variety, and you seem to have the brain to provide it

If TM people were smart, they would exactly do that, fortunatly for you they are not, making us very unfortunate and sad people =(

If TM people were smart, they would exactly do that, fortunatly for you they are not, making us very unfortunate and sad people =(

No, if TM people were ARESing around, they'd do that. If they were -smart- and could calculate, they'd hire him with whatever they could offer to sweeten the deal.

Possily involving lawyers and ARES-skin shoes... :P

Archived