Screwed Over by ARES over China Lake designs

renegadecow

Even if they do, all we have to do it link to this thread in the comments section of every review, shop or video that has anything to do with the ARES version.

Only problem with that; unless one has an account here and is logged in, those links to threads aren't visible.

Tried to get a local store to carry KJW M4 series, but they don't trust GBBrs, but they couldn't read the thread since they didn't have account here.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the plus side ICS posted a video of the China Lake on their facebook page this morning.

Yay, now for RC to back up that they are interested and the wait begins.

I predict a lot of people stitching cloth bags for shell catching as we speak.

'FireKnife'

It'd make sense, seeing as ICS are currently knocking out another multiple launcher and a new fangled type of shell.

On another note, I think we should all send ARES an e-mail simply stating something along the lines of;

'Dear ARES,

You are a bunch of poopy asshats, and I am currently raising my middle finger in your general direction. Airsofters hate you.'

If enough of us do it they might get the hint?

Ok, ICS has sent me a reply:

"Hello Carlos,

Thank you very much for putting us in your first consideration, we’re very appreciated your offer.

However, we need to do a market research to know the potential of this product. 

I hope you don’t mind I put the video on our FB fan page, hope to get the feedback from fans and see if they’re crazy about it.

Here is our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ICSairsoftgun

Best Regardr

Francis"

So basically they need their Facebook page to be spammed with "all my want" and "throwing money at screen" comments. Not exactly the best way to conduct market research, but hey, at least their first e-mail is already sounding good.

If enough of us do it they might get the hint?

About as many as if we raise a petition to scrap the VCRA and abused UKARA system meaning we can just buy our toys without hassle like most other countries.

"Hello Carlos,

Wait, you are called Carlos? :P

Still if for them spamming a FB page is market research (in fact sadly for most things it is nowadays) then good, if only I could go on at work and add my 'make this now' comments.

'FireKnife'

Yeah, that's my first name. Could have used Carlos the Jackal or something cool like that for a call sign but nooo, I had to go with renegadecow. I don't even remember where I pulled that out of.

Don't ask where mine came from. PM me if you really have to know.

Still want some pump action sort of shotgunage with the way Moscarts work.

'FireKnife'

So basically they need their Facebook page to be spammed with "all my want" and "throwing money at screen" comments. Not exactly the best way to conduct market research, but hey, at least their first e-mail is already sounding good.

Well, you've got my vote. And my axe, etc.

I hope ICS jump on board with this project, for everyone's sake.

This would probably tip me over the edge and get me into Vietnam era loadouts too (I like them, just got enough on my plate with the modern loadout right now, but this is legen-what for it-dary).

Best of luck RC.

Well, you've got my vote. And my axe, etc.

No more, the last thread we had about a 'ring' and a crack of fire lead to revelations we all didn't want to know :P.

Still want me some pump action laucher fun, you know for when people just don't take that hit. ;)

'FireKnife'

I think someone on the ICS link to the vid had a great idea, using the new TAG shells in it. Only issue I guess could be a misfire of one of the pyro ones going horribly wrong (I'm not sure just how bad it could be but I'm quite a pessimist).

To be fair however, I do believe there is/was a version when they talked about putting them back into production with rails and a M4 stock.....

EDIT: Threw a shout-out to this/you on the Airsoft Ohio facebook page, see if we can't get a few more hands in the air for this.

I think someone on the ICS link to the vid had a great idea, using the new TAG shells in it. Only issue I guess could be a misfire of one of the pyro ones going horribly wrong (I'm not sure just how bad it could be but I'm quite a pessimist).

Unless someone else suggested it, that was me. 1) I think it'd be awesome and 2) I figured a tie in with an upcoming product would help.

Are there any Pinoy Airsoft manufacturers you could pitch too as well?

Academy used to make their stuff here but that was a long, long time ago. Some machine shops like the one Jimmi gets his stainless steel work done at might be able to make most of its components, but none that are dedicated airsoft manufacturers that can produce them in large quantities.

Academy used to make their stuff here but that was a long, long time ago. Some machine shops like the one Jimmi gets his stainless steel work done at might be able to make most of its components, but none that are dedicated airsoft manufacturers that can produce them in large quantities.

That's a shame -- probably a great opportunity for another Rota-esque success story. They used to make clone alloy wheels -- but they're really respected over here in the UK now and highly sought after. From strength to strength.

All the best to you in your endeavours though. 

About as many as if we raise a petition to scrap the VCRA and abused UKARA system meaning we can just buy our toys without hassle like most other countries.

Wait, you are called Carlos? :P

Still if for them spamming a FB page is market research (in fact sadly for most things it is nowadays) then good, if only I could go on at work and add my 'make this now' comments.

'FireKnife'

well, they do say that the Philipines is like Asia's mexico.

Archived