Naming and shaming a bunch of morons in the Hull area.

spetsnazdave87

My mate initially did try the polite approach. They took the out of him and told him to *fruitcage* off. I don't believe this is the first time they've done it, and I don't believe it's the last.

I've been informed elsewhere that Humberside police are taking this very seriously. A guy on UKAZ who made a complaint to Humberside (he's local) had two cops come to his house to view the pictures and screencaps and are going to at the very least talk to them.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gotta say, looking at their website now - The guy claims to have an "airsoft site" with a basic safe room,ready to go at ten pounds  a head, and he said he's not got insurance yet but is looking into it. 

I think all this has really done has encouraged him to set up a dodgy site to try and make money from it... worrying stuff.

Sadly people will still turn out for it and such. Idiots will always exist.

As for this happening, well it makes me think that surely an IQ test must be passed before a gun can be bought, you are automatically told that you have failed if you pass and if you handle it well then you are actually allowed to buy toy guns.

One can dream :P.

'FireKnife'

I think the only defence we have against morons like this is showing that the community in general is responsible and does not tolerate stuff like this. Unfortunately you can't stop the very stupid from being very stupid, hopefully they won't manage to bring the airsoft community in general into disrepute, apparently they're far too thick to understand simple cause and effect, i.e. if something bad happens and the Daily Fail, Express or similar gets hold of it, we're seriously *fruitcage*ed as a community... Yay.

Something else I've just found whilst on Facebook. Anyone have any more info? (Apologies if you don't have failbook)

https://www.facebook.com/ilov.awaherts

2 minutes on google and here's their team website

http://neptunetactical.weebly.com/index.html

Yeah don't want The Sun getting hold of any of this....

Still naming and shaming through a public forum is idiotic. Its advertising bad press regardless of whether anyone is in the wrong or not.

It should all have been dealt with FAR more discreetly. i.e not plasting all this information over a public forum for everyone to see...

Still naming and shaming through a public forum is idiotic. Its advertising bad press regardless of whether anyone is in the wrong or not.

It should all have been dealt with FAR more discreetly. i.e not plasting all this information over a public forum for everyone to see...

It's up on facebook though. It doesn't get much more 'public' than that. And by naming them decent players who might get suckered into paying these clowns can vote with their wallet and avoid them at all costs.

Over here when we hear about this sort of stupidity it's handled pretty much the same.

There's no secret airsoft commandos you can despatch to confiscate these tools RIFs or educate them.

Of course on a slow news day the tabloids could turn this into a shock horror terrorist training camp in our parks story. There is not a lot you can do to prevent that.

To counter that it would be productive to find a charismatic spokesman or two who are photogenic and connected and able to provide positive spin. It could be worth befriending the police members who are given the task of speaking to the press. If they are aware of just what airsoft is and how harmless it is when used responsibly you would really be hedging the bets.

AWA Herts is one of the local sites to me. Not sure if there's any affiliation with ilov awaherts - but I'm guessing Team Neptune had played at AWA in the past. Will pass this info one to AWA if only to make them aware. 

Not sure how much truth there is that these guys broke into a school... but if someone is using AWA Herts name for a smear campaign, either way I've done my duty in highlighting it....

It's common to bash politicians for their lack of transparency - why aren't we learning from their mistakes?

As far as I'm concerned, the greater community should look to distance themselves from these very obviously illegal activities and condemn them at every opportunity. If anything it is idiotic to pick up a "take care of our own" approach. 

These guys aren't like the rest of us. They are *fruitcage* idiots. Why should they be protected? If anything posting on Arnie's is far more discreet than the guys who trespass and play illegally. At least here you have to register to even read posts - the Facebook pages are open for anyone to find.

I'm actually wondering if these clown have been banned from AWA Herts.

I'm not sure what the story is, it may be a set up - but the point is someone is loosely associating themselves with AWA Herts and I don't think they're officials at the site. I've dropped the AWA team a note, it'll be up to them to investigate from here. 

I would like to know more too as my regular site (Techbrigade) is not far up the road from AWA Herts and I'd like to know if these clowns may be turning up if given the boot from AWA Herts

Well unsurprisingly, the ilov awaherts page is nothing to do with AWA Herts officially. I don't have any information on the status of Team Neptune at AWA Herts, but to be honest - I'd suggest we exercise some caution here as we do not know if this was a set up or if TN are actually breaking into a school to skirmish. In any case AWA Herts is aware of a page using their name and will take it up with Facebook directly.

If anything else comes up, I'll post an update here.

Cheers.

It's not a set up. Those idiots from team neptune have definitely done that. The guy 'iloveawaherts' appears to be a local airsofter and possible member of team neptune that doesn't want to get hassle for blowing the whistle on them.

Apparently the police, local education authority and the daily mail are all investigating it at the moment.

Archived