New TM Teaser for Hobby Show.

FireKnife

Are the magazines the same as the M3/SPAS12 shells? I've a heap of those and I don't see the point in having two seperate types of shells.

Yep, but now they come in green and white with some sort of Remington X cartridge style TM stamp on them, for all the difference it makes.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOPEFULLY the color is all the difference because it would be a brilliant marketing strategy for TM to make them a mm or so longer just enough  to be incompatible with the old and since hordes of people will be desperate enough to buy the shotgun in the first place, buying a whole bunch of new shells for it wouldn't be too hard a sell.

But then you do lose out on the fence sitting market that will say 'but I am not buying new mags for it, I will keep my M3 Super90'. :P

The same as if they made the Nickel Series 70 with a proprietary magazine I would not buy it, even if I want to. That is really the thing that often kills it for me.

'FireKnife'

Just out of interest, how does one eject the shells from the M870? (I've no experience with the tri-shots, either.) It looks to me like the 'ejection port' is full of parts so I'm guessing they don't come out of there - do you pull them out the loading port or something?

Thanks - after going back and watching the video, yeah, you pull them out of the loading port - which answers my next question, which was going to be "is there a possibility, let alone any point, in loading more than one shell at once?", with a resounding no. That means that the 'magazine tube' is presumably empty, which means that you might conceivably put the gas reservoir in there, which means a MasterKey isn't impossible.

That said, this thing looks absolutely bitchin' in stock form! I'll definitely have one of these if I can get some nice aftermarket parts for it (metal barrels, magazine tubes and the like).

Just out of interest, how does one eject the shells from the M870? (I've no experience with the tri-shots, either.) It looks to me like the 'ejection port' is full of parts so I'm guessing they don't come out of there - do you pull them out the loading port or something?

You push the little button that's usually for releasing the pump for the RS Benelli, the flap then opens, at which point the shell either falls off the loading port, or you'd have to pry it a little with your finger, all of mine falls off when the latch opens, but I've used someone's where it doesn't always fall 

*clearly I type too slowly*

Thanks - after going back and watching the video, yeah, you pull them out of the loading port - which answers my next question, which was going to be "is there a possibility, let alone any point, in loading more than one shell at once?", with a resounding no. That means that the 'magazine tube' is presumably empty, which means that you might conceivably put the gas reservoir in there, which means a MasterKey isn't impossible.

That said, this thing looks absolutely bitchin' in stock form! I'll definitely have one of these if I can get some nice aftermarket parts for it (metal barrels, magazine tubes and the like).

The Receiver and Barrel are apparently already metal. Though they didnt specify for the magazine tube that I read.

On the Spas 12 and the M3 Super 90 you can remove the end cap of the loading tube and pop two shells in there but on the shorty you can't.

Saying that I am not sure how hollow the rest of the loading tube is. It looks like it isn't on exploded diagrams.

'FireKnife'

The Receiver and Barrel are apparently already metal. Though they didnt specify for the magazine tube that I read.

I knew about the receiver, but not the barrel. That said neither of them will be the steel of my deepest, darkest desires (hint - PRIME, LCT et al - get your act together).

On the Spas 12 and the M3 Super 90 you can remove the end cap of the loading tube and pop two shells in there but on the shorty you can't.

Saying that I am not sure how hollow the rest of the loading tube is. It looks like it isn't on exploded diagrams.

If you insert those shells on the SPAS and the M3, I guess it's just for storage, right - it won't actually load the shells? I wonder what they've put in the loading tube if not shells - could you lead me to the exploded diagrams? I thought I'd checked the thread thoroughly but obviously not.

Yes it is storage, though the cap end is prone to popping off so most people I have seen with one don't use it.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/reviews/benelli_m3s90/m3_techmanual.htm

The exploded diagrams are right here on Arnies though I did have to do a Google search to find them.

'FireKnife'

Gas in the mag tube could work, but it depends how much space there is at the sides of the shell/feed ramp to get a hose past.

That shotgun is giving me wood.

'FireKnife'

Yeah, that was kinda the joke.

Gas in the mag tube could work, but it depends how much space there is at the sides of the shell/feed ramp to get a hose past.

Yeah, that was kinda the joke.

Well someone had to ;).

Though if they do go with gas in the tube or grip and it is short enough to get say two or three shells worth out of it that would be fine for me. Wouldn't be firing that many shots a game.

'FireKnife'

To those pointing out 'wont the shotgun cartridges be longer' look at about 3.21 exactly or about 3.55-3.57 on the above video, why would they have some of the red ones on the bench if they don't work or are too short for the shotgun? Note they even load a red shell and get it to fire in the six shot mode.

It would seem silly for them to do such a thing to be honest. They made the new M9 backwards compatible so I can see them doing it here too.

'FireKnife'

wan want want want want want want want want want wan want want want want wan want want want want wan want want want want wan want want want want wan want want want want wan want want want want wan want want want want wan want want want want

I wonder if Marui is putting the gas in the grip of the 320 so they can make a 40mm tornado shell down the road...? People have said there's barrels in the unit but thay just seems too dumb to try to market successfully in an already crowded space. Maybe it'll come with a new tube and impact grenades down the road. One can hope :)

Archived