FireKnife

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLY *suitcase*.

EDIT: Prelim report from Hyper Douraku.

http://hyperdouraku.com/event/hobbyshow1305/index.html

From what I can read:

VSR10 gun sound. Perhaps plays a gun sound while you fire it? Interesting.

Gas M870. Shells look remarkably similar to the old 30rnd trishot shells. Gas comes from a removable gas reservoir (a la Maruzen)...I think. If so...DAMN, there goes any stock modification possibilities. Shots can be changed from 3 to 6 shot - not GBB, nor do I think shells are fed in the tube (big downer). Loaded most likely similar to the tri-shot M3's...

M320A1 GL, including (holy *suitcase*) TM-made M433 shells. Weirdly enough gas seems to be charged IN the grip, then grenades are proprietary (*suitcase*).

More to come (hopefully)! Still (now kinda) excited about that shotgun.

I don't hold out hope of ever seeing those RS m16s!

Have you looked closer at the advertising board for the M320? It seems to show it being fired so as to 'lob' a projectile onto a target. It also seems to say 20-30 meters...? I'm only able to view it on my phone right now so Cnt get a great view. Interesting though.

Cannot read Japanese at all but just going off the description in Japanese txt and the figures mixed it with it it's as if the 20 and 30 (assume metres) are referring to 2 different projectiles... Perhaps bb's and another thing entirely?

Of course i could just be letting my imagination run wild as its 4.30 am!!

lol i was sooo mehhh with the shotgun but now i'm actually quite interested! Unlike the RS m16, i bet these will come out in a reasonable fashoin

Edit:

Im going to assume the HK and MP will be coming out later this year. Also, VSR gun sound? hmmmmm 

The m9a1 stainless isnt too shabby, kindve miss my old TM one so this one would be refreshing to have the updated m9 version. 

Now to wait for RC to gut the shotgun system and put it into either a revolving drum-based shotgun or attempt a Saiga/AA-12 with it.

One must wonder how efficient it will be, and how the internals will handle in the switch between the two modes.

Now to wait for RC to gut the shotgun system 

Too depressed with those revolvers. Python and S&W M29, ok. Shell fed, ok! Price 4,980yen, its a goddamn springer!!! And that shotgun is a little too pricey for me to chop up at $340. If I get one, I'd more than likely enjoy it as it is and wait for a clone to butcher.

RC, I figure that you can probably safely remove the internals.  TM wouldn't make it impossible to replace the internals, would they?

Some sort of system in which the shot shells are loaded into the chamber and then when empty would be rotated around in a drum, ending on the last shell somehow.

I do wonder if the shells are indeed the same as the regular tm spring shells.  If so, would people try to make the extended magazine mod like back in the day?

the way i interpret it:

the M870 still uses the same shells, the ones seen are just new case colors. which is good as i already own a million and a half of those shells. the M870 will be mine and i will probably just cut the barrel (relocate the front sight) and add a shell caddy system. i'm liking the "100 shots per fill" number. probably will be the most useful shotgun out there. better gas capacity, magazines and pellets per shot than my current favorite shotgun being the marushin clone M500. it a shame about the stock, but i can work around that. marui did state that they will also be selling a pistol grip conversion shortly after releasing the shotgun itself. it appears it uses the same loading system with 3 barrels, but this time it has 2 levels of fixed hop ups (they did use the word fixed, but it is a CQB tool) to accommodate one or 2 BBs per barrel via the selector switch under the ejection port cover/false bolt. all in all, it appears to be marginally more useful than the tri shots. we get a system thats easier to cock and shoots more BBs, but at the price of having to use gas. on the plus side, upgrading the FPS wont hurt the system and, speaking of which, should be easier to upgrade.

the M320 it appears shoots a swarm of BBs that stay clustered together for 20 meters and is designed to spread after that and fall to the ground by 30 meters. check the small demonstration picture next to the launcher.

the gun sound thing looks to be an add on to the next line of VSR-10s. it looks like when the rifle is fired it sends a small signal to the module you carry that feeds a simulated firing sound (looks like there are a few samples to choose from, maybe suppressed and unsuppressed samples, and a selectable volume) to the head phones. no mention of the system tying into coms, so it looks like its just meant for novelty and a more visceral competition feature since they are also recoil shock models.

BTW, VIDEO!!

oh yeah, hyperdouraku also mentioned that it will have a metal body.

So no chance of ultra-short M870 for door breaching? Damn. Still looks tasty.

Though the Series 70 is still up as coming soon, that was ages ago it was meant to be coming soon :P. Anyone that can read Japanese give me a heads up on when they say it will be out?

Oh and stop teasing about the HK45 and the M&P, by the time that they get round to releasing them WE could actually come out with a much better M&P and KSC could get there act together with the ball bearing hop and make the TMs obsolete before they even hit the shelves.

The M9A1 Biohazard and Chrome effects look nice but will have to look at the wallet before splashing out on the Resi one, when it comes up in the UK that is.

The M320 not really my thing but if the claims of it being able to launch a tight grouping out to 20-30m are true then it could have its uses.

And finally Python springers, well can't have everything, a shell loaded gas one would be nice but ah well. Oh and I want a TM t-shirt. :P

'FireKnife'

Archived