New TM Teaser for Hobby Show.

FireKnife

Personally I'd be fine with it the way it is. If I run a shotgun, it is my primary weapon. So I dont need it to be short in order to carry another weapon at the same time. I rather like the setup that they are releasing as is and I doubt I would want to really change anything on it.

It's not even out yet and the poor thing is being made to feel inadequate. Poor, not even released yet, Tokyo Marui shotgun.

Whats inadequate about it? It seems as if its going to blow all the other currently available shotguns out of the water.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not even out yet and the poor thing is being made to feel inadequate. Poor, not even released yet, Tokyo Marui shotgun.

Thing is, it's got the Marushin M500 to contend with and with cheaper china clones the price point just goes down as much as $340 for a full metal TM is fair, pricey but fair. I'll wait until someone starts pumping green gas into one and tells of performance. Until then, I still have my Serbu handy. If it can do 90mps on green gas with a 6-shot load and shoot as accurately as the springer tri-shots, then it would really be THE airsoft shotgun.

Why can't they put the gas tank in the loading tube... it's not like it's doing anything there for the tri-shot.. and the added weight would be nice for the lack of a heavy barrel to make up for the weight distribution.. 

the feed is at the backend of the tube which would make that awkward

2 things i just noticed people are still missing:

TM has announced (reported in the hyperdouraku article) that a pistol grip conversion will be available in august.

you can see the selector switch in the pictures, its under the fake bolt when you rack the charging handel back. it looks like a hop adjuster, but its pretty clearly the selector switch.

Not announced. TM said it was being considered but due to the design it was not so easy to change parts.

2 things i just noticed people are still missing:

TM has announced (reported in the hyperdouraku article) that a pistol grip conversion will be available in august.

you can see the selector switch in the pictures, its under the fake bolt when you rack the charging handel back. it looks like a hop adjuster, but its pretty clearly the selector switch.

Not announced. TM said it was being considered but due to the design it was not so easy to change parts.

I say focus on the shotgun first, then figure out the pistol grip. When airsoft manufacturers start to make design compromises like that is when they start spreading themselves too thin... the Ares M200 comes to mind...

The gas magazine for the 870 is actually a brilliant idea for the shotgun.  That way you don't have to take out a can of gas if you run a shotgun for long periods of time.  Have 2-3 extra gas tanks for the quick change ability. 

Am I seeing things or did a few of the shots from the shotgun have 1-2 bbs dropping?

Hyperdouraku mentioned something how the double-hop system wasn't "perfect" or something...when the guy was slam firing, the number of BB's that enter the chambers aren't consistent and can't keep up with the slam firing speed. Maybe that's causing the dropping BB's?

Watched it for the second time. Definitely digging 870 much more. I didnt see any BBs roll out the barrel but i guess im watching it from my handheld. 

For the 300$ish range with marui quality, superior hop and full metal body? WIN and i remembered i used to strongly consider the marushin shotgun. Guess i'm going to wait on the review (initial impressions) before making my order as always :P 

Archived