I learned something today.........

FireKnife

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the trouble with the big amalgamated company's . They are profit driven with expected figures already set . So if work is slack they try to earn money by lying to customers to bump up that weeks takings . Usually by exaggerating the amount of work your car, boiler, drains need . They have big overheads Big premises . And earn money by pressure selling , fed by people's ignorance . . Kwik fit / cant remember their partners , British gas / dyna rod . Currys / pc world / dixons / phones 4u . Are all big linked company's that take over the market place and push prices up on their products / services / warrantys

Monopies commission should investigate these but while there are still a few independents around they can't .

Its more people who are *albartrotheth* relying on the fact that most people dornt complain ou should try atos or the dwp. No offence to anyone who works for them but 99% of those I have dealt with I would walk past if they were aflame. Rude hostile abusive unhelpful and having no idea what they are telling us to do in letters.

• 3 weeks later...

So why do it as a course then :P?

A lot of educational establishments will get a government kickback for every student on a full-time course, so they often pad out part time courses with un-necessary rubbish that you can't opt out of.

Even in the US?

Though I know over here they are all about trying to add diversity in too and other things.

Saying that about 50% of my college course I haven't used since leaving it but that may have more to do with them trying to do a general course for a large section of IT.

'FireKnife'

Even in the US?

ESPECIALLY in the US, my friend.

Also, I made a list of my airsoft replicas and kit (at least what I remembered) and it turned out that if I loaned pretty much everything for a quid apiece, I'd have enough to buy a Well Uzi.

I learned some pretty decent people exist.

The guy I bought a dead Contour off  has been very helpful in trying to help me sort it. When he learned I was returning it he started looking for alternatives for me and sending links to other HDs. Which was above and beyond his responsibilities.

If only I could leave him feedback, not the item (which I've not returned through ebay so technically owe feedback for, but how to do it correctly without hurting his reputation?).

I had to retake my GCSE English and Maths when I went to do my Applied Science course, as they wanted to get the kickback and I got told I'd be kicked from the course if I didn't attend.

Did you not already have those GSCEs? They're not exactly hard at any rate :P

Now I'm quite above average.

That's what she said.

But either way reminds me of my first stint in college where I had to do some Level 3 Communications thing that was a government scheme to make sure that all college level students had basic levels of communication and could write and understand the difference between opinion based work and fact etc. It was mostly useless and took up space that could have been spent on the actual course.

'FireKnife'

Archived