I learned something today.........

FireKnife

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually have got to a point that I can do it without even thinking :P

Seriously it doesn't matter to me, I just love when people *badgeress* and moan about it, saying it makes me come across as a ponce or an elitist, either way as those that have seen me in person know I am not a ponce and nor am I some sort of horrible gear wearing elitst that looks down on others.

'FireKnife'

You look down on Geardos though, clearly ;)

In fact the one time I met you, the first thing you said after hello. Was that your pleased there's not many people wearing expensive kit!

please don't take my post seriously :P

'Shardik'

Hahahaha yeah I remember that.

It is just that when I attend a site and find a raft of players in ridiculously expensive gear it is always one of those 'this is our home site and we know it all' kind of teams. Glad to say that I didn't encounter that there :P

No issue with expensive kit, just those that have the arrogance to make others feel unwelcome or not worth playing due to that persons lack of expensive kit ;)

'FireKnife'

Hahahaha yeah I remember that.

It is just that when I attend a site and find a raft of players in ridiculously expensive gear it is always one of those 'this is our home site and we know it all' kind of teams. Glad to say that I didn't encounter that there :P

No issue with expensive kit, just those that have the arrogance to make others feel unwelcome or not worth playing due to that persons lack of expensive kit ;)

'FireKnife'

Lets not get into that again, it happens every month on here in various threads and we all have enough personal experience at airsoft sites to bring forth examples of people in all sorts of kit having all sorts of attitudes.

I wasn't planning to, home sites come in all shapes and sizes, sadly my experience with many has not been a good one and those just happen to be in expensive kit. :P

Either way I am the last person to bash anyone for personal or odd choices with ideas like mine :D

Also I learned today that a PEBKAC is actually a term my manager will accept for dealing with some of the computer users in my work place.

'FireKnife'

Today I learnt that depending what you buy in a hardware store and what you are wearing, you might look suspicious.

To give you all an example.

I bought a shovel

and a pick axe.

And....

I was wearing this T-shirt.

MS-ACC-Shirt013-GB-S.jpg

I learned that cream is actually a really nice flavour to vape. and that I drink far too much coffee. also IDK about Fireknife but I know shardik is a legitimately nice guy, he sold my boytoy a mac11

I learned today- that I have no idea what this guy is on about.

Edit: Plus, I'm a complete *Ubar*.

To be fair, if a fleet of warships (albeit reduced in size) turned up on your shores, you'd probably assume they were up to no good too!

Today I learnt that the local curry house is rubbish. Certainly wont be giving them anymore of my money! The shop next door does sell some of my favourite ales though.

I learned yesterday that sometimes having a tiny bit of faith in Royal Mail does pay off.

They managed to deliver my items I had ordered on the day I needed them, giving me enough time to sort them all out.

Now to see what happens to that KTW Ithaca I have somewhere in the system :P.

'FireKnife'

Today I learned that the Civil Nuclear Constabulary use automatic 20mm cannons for ship defence.

Now I want to learn where to apply for that job.

do it

Stumbled across them too when researching other 'jobs'. There is a nuclear power plant maybe half an hour from me...

I learned that sometimes being paid an extra £140 a month to be on call is so not worth it when you have to spend 5-6 hours of your Sunday with a server that seems to have developed the attributes of a disgruntled five year old.

'FireKnife'

Archived