I learned something today.........

FireKnife

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched a documentary called Micro Monsters yesterday, because David Attenborough.

I learned:

There is a type of spider that hunts other spiders; It plucks very specific strands of their webs in a rhythmic fashion to calm them, watches them for several hours awaiting the right moment, then *fruitcage* LEAPS ON THEM AND INJECTS THEM WITH ULTRADEATH and eats them.

Then there's the jeweled wasp; This hell-spawned *beep* grabs large beetles BY THE FACE, then injects them with venom that causes paralysis in the front legs so it can't fight back. Then it injects another venom directly into their brain, which shuts down any impulses the beetle has to resist. The wasp, like a nightmarish pied piper, then leads the docile beetle into a burrow, where it lays an egg directly on it. The larva then consumes the beetle alive, starting with the least important organs and finishing off with the breathing system and then central nervous system. After 10 days of being eating alive, the beetle finally, mercifully dies and another *fruitcage* horrifying wasp of brutal slaughter emerges to put some other poor insect through a fate worse than a thousand deaths.

*fruitcage* insects. *fruitcage* all insects. I didn't need to learn any of those things.

I learned that sometimes things just work out.

Oh and that RM staff do have moments when they are not acting like a bunch of scamming bastards and actually charge you the reasonable price for sending your item and not the excessive one.

'FireKnife'

I learned that stupid people are stupid.

There was this guy who posted pictures of his illegal home made .22LR firearm ON BLOODY *fruitcage* FACEBOOK at a local airsoft market group and started bragging about it. Screen grabbed the photo and the guys ID, sent it to the local intelligence FB page.

I found it odd about the iPad charging. I have no issues at all with mine charging whilst in use. You guys are using the bigger iPad socket adapter and not the iPhone one, right?

Yep, use the one that came with the iPad, it's higher wattage isn't it?

It doesn't always run down when using it, most of the time it stays at the charge level it was at when plugged in, and doesn't go up or down until I stop using it, and rarely, it will go up veeeerrrry slowly, but usually if I'm, say, reading in bed with the brightness down...

I have had the typical 'go see your doctor as I may have.....' but nothing beyond that. :P

Though I learned today that no matter how many handguns techniques you learn it is rare that you can think of a time to use them, doesn't stop them being fun though.

'FireKnife'

I learned not to assume peoples appearences.

I am helping out at a charity event tomorrow at a craft shop. It is being attended by a 'celebrity' of the craft world called Sue Wilson. Now I assumed she would look like one of those older TV female chefs and be very Mumsy and homely.

I end up with an American that is in her 40s, has a lot of make up on and speaks like she is on the QVC shopping channel, pretty much the opposite of what I expected.

'FireKnife'

FK, That's like everyone takes me for a die hard metal fan! I like metal and all, but I don't have that great a deal of interest in music.

I learned today, that when a customer answers the phone with "Hi Ollie, It's your favourite gynaecologist here...", it will creep you out immensely.

For the record, I called him regarding an IT issue. NOT an issue with somebodies vagina.

That kind of makes sense. Though to look at me you would think I listen to indie bands and like a bit of modern rock. Actually I would rather listen to some battle metal, heavy metal, 80s rock and other 'alternative' shizz :P

I do that sometimes just to scare the people I work with, though only with the ones that get the joke. It leads to some good jokes.

Also I learned not to assume people again. Now we have for omce in engineering a young female apprentice. Now I would assume she is offended by the plethora of naked female pictures in the instruments office. Turns out she really doesn't care much and often teases and laughs at the other guys for their choices. She is a bit of a legend I wont lie :P

'FireKnife'

Just wait till the "diversity police" jump all over that FK. Not because she's offended, but because they like being offended on her behalf.

Very true, however at my place it is a bit different in that it is like an age old family business that has never really grown up. Plus the local attitude does seem to be somewhat more indifferent to it, the fact that they have managed to find a verb, noun and adjective for the C word does kind of sum up the lack of caring :P.

Though I must admit, now I am trying to sort out the camera and DVD for this Sue Wilson and she is making more demands than a diva on a US stadium tour :D.

Either way I get 'I will make this up to you' points from a certain other female so all is good, I am not wasting my time. Plus it is for a local charity and that alone is a good enough excuse.

'FireKnife'

Just wait till the "diversity police" jump all over that FK. Not because she's offended, but because they like being offended on her behalf.

Happened in a hangar I worked in, some suit jobsworth walking through out of the rain got offended on behalf of all of the women in there when he saw a desktop background of some woman in a bikini and there was a big thing about it. Shouldn't have even been in the hangar and none of the women cared because they had the male equiv. on their desktops.

Archived