I learned something today.........

FireKnife

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edit:

I also learned that the "return" key is in fact the same as the "enter" key. Why'd they call it return and isn't the backspace key more appropriate for that title?

As has been hinted at, it's short for 'carriage return' - a throwback to the days of typewriters when you had to manually push the the thing back to the left to start a new line.

I did not, however, know that return and enter are different! You really do learn something every day.

Actually I wasn't joking, I was looking for 'TAB' on the key button..........  A bit like 'press any key'  ANY? ANY? ANY?.........

Edit.  Oooh, thats useful!   Believe me, I really am computer illiterate. :)

On some keyboards it does actually say 'Tab', not all of them though. The nice thing about tabs is that they're in fixed places so they all line up, if you've tried to align text using only the space bar you'll have realised that it rarely lines up. Also do give alt-tab a go (it's super useful), and if you have a recent version of Windows, windows key+tab is the same but prettier.

Not all tabs are placed equal. Again, a throwback to typewriters and teletypes, but at one point, they started letting people set the tab spacing...

Also, a Tab is not equal to same amount of spaces... Stuff to be wary off when putting data up somewhere. 

I learned that no matter how much humour you try and inject into a situation if someone is a truly grumpy sod they will stay a grumpy sod, even if you appeal to the kind of comedy they like.

Some people need to lighten up. :P

'FireKnife'

I learned today that WE really don't have much of a clue about their own guns:

7v9.png

Yeah, there single stack 1911A1 will take the same magazines as the double stack Marui Hi-Capa?

I don't know what drugs they are on but clearly they are some good drugs.

'FireKnife'

I learned today that the charger for an iPad isn't man enough to actually charge it if you are using it, and the *bramston pickle* thing will shut down on you while plugged in.

This causes anger, and much cursing of iProducts...

Turn your brightness down to about 20% and close any unless every apps and it charges mine, albeit slowly. On full brightness, it actually still loses charge.

I learned today that the charger for an iPad isn't man enough to actually charge it if you are using it, and the *bramston pickle* thing will shut down on you while plugged in.

This causes anger, and much cursing of iProducts...

Turn your brightness down to about 20% and close any unless every apps and it charges mine, albeit slowly. On full brightness, it actually still loses charge.

That's IPad 4 btw, don't know about the others.

I learned that my shed roof can't support my weight.

That's IPad 4 btw, don't know about the others.

I learned that my shed roof can't support my weight.

It's down to 20% ish anyway (full brightness means permanently burned retinas, surely? It's the brightest thing ever recorded...), and I only ever have a couple of apps open. It's an iPad 3. I still am not happy with it, several hours after the event. Who the buggering *fruitcage* would design a product that does not charge if you are using it?

Regarding the shed roof? Ouchy...

That's interesting and also sounds horrendously annoying. I had that problem abroad when I was using a non-Apple USB plug with the Apple cord attached and it would take about 24 hours to charge. But now it's on the normal charger I couldn't be happier with the battery.

Jesus, name him so the world knows who to avoid.

Certainly nobody from Bullshido.org's *suitcase* list. The guy goes by the name Kisu, is Moroccan-Canadian and his bio posted on the Avatar wiki sounds pretty much like Bullshido.org investigation material.

Certainly nobody from Bullshido.org's *suitcase* list. The guy goes by the name Kisu, is Moroccan-Canadian and his bio posted on the Avatar wiki sounds pretty much like Bullshido.org investigation material.

Small World - a mate of mine is the guy behind Bullshido.

Archived