WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

Got to say, when I had a WE P226 the mags worked perfectly in my TM P226 and they were cheaper than TM's. Problems with Marui mags for the P226, are well documented as are people who've had no problems with their Marui P226 mags (not the E2 version).

Wonder if the SD will be released with a solid stock or sliding (fingers crossed sliding stock). Just hope WE or someone else, release an SEF lower for the WE MP5.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a very hit and miss relationship with WE mags, so to pay near TM / KWA prices is not really as good in my mind.

Saying that perhaps the MP5 ones are good enough to justify such a cost but at $50 (£30) that seems about right to me.

'FireKnife'

Think I will go for the closed front mags personally. Though dont mind the price too much, ill just save for a couple months or buy a couple at a time.

Either way I am SO GOD DAM EXCITED!!! Que flashlight grip & barrel sight a-la Stargate MP5!

That's nothing new and has been covered before. But like I said (and I bought the P226 early last year), the mag worked fine and held its gas no problem (and was cheaper than a TM mag). If it's worth the price then it's a good deal. Past experience is just that, in the past and anything new has to be treated as though there's a chance it is a decent product.

Edit:- in response to what FK put.

I know that eBay banned has it's problems (not to be taken lightly either), but the normal M4 is only $4 less than the higher capacity MP5 mag. It is a bit of a head scratcher that something that looks to need more material to be made, would cost less than something that looks like it uses less material (in the manufacturing department).

Edit:- the open front MP5 mag costs $54.21 on eBay banned (delivered).

Just popped into my local and had a plink with the A2.. I noticed the box is marked up with both SD1 and SD3!! I wonder which they'll release first or if they'll be at the same time as the parts will all be available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I think they can seriously reduce cost by using aluminum for their closed front mags and even their open front. Every other WE mag I've bought has either been about 30 USD or sub that. Heck, their MP7 mags are only 24 USD. Their M4 mags are great though. I've never had a version 2 leak on me even with zero maintenance. But look even their SVD mag which is steel and is larger is only 44 USD. Why is the closed front steel mag worth 70? Because it's the correct shape and not wonky curved or what?

The curve is still there. It's just got a closed front.

It might (I stress might) be worth asking WE themselves, for you never know, they might tell you why there's an extra charge.

It would be a worthy question but I'm sure they wouldn't give an honest answer.The mechanism and material is the same as their steel AK and SVD mags yet they cost an average of 20-30 more than them. The only possible explanation is since their mp5 have not made it outside of China they have to charge more be it's not readily available or they're experimenting to see how high demand is. If enough of us buy them then they're sure to increase supply and sell them throughout the rest of the world. And I understand that steel is a more durable material but their M4 aluminum mags were pretty durable as well. The fact that it's steel makes gbbs a little worst. Correct me if I'm wrong but steel has a higher heat of vaporization so it cools down faster where as aluminum stays fairly constant. If that's the case, then resort back to aluminum and lessen the cost. The mp7 mags are about 25-30 and they're larger than mp5 mags. Even the 50 glock mags are about 30. There's not really anything I can think of that would justify it's price. In addition, unless they're paying off the licensing gestapo to stay of their back that is about making an mp5. If that's the case, that's justifiable but unlikely because where's the P90.

To be honest I very much doubt WE would make the MP5 magazines "that much more expensive" just for the heck of it. Remember their marketing and sales strategy... Lower prices, higher volume. They want their Taiwan base to be able to buy their stuff. So the MP5 magazine prices are certainly pushing that markets limit, almost being on par with half of a GBB pistol :o

The use of steel is probably to make it more authentic and real, as with the stamped steel body etc.

Like I said, most places sell the closed front steel MP5 mags for $58, that's not too bad (and isn't that much more than the AK mags). Like everything in life, vote with your feet. If you don't agree with the price, don't buy it. I haven't bought a TM recoil shock engined M4 (or ak, G36) as I think they cost too much (I think it's too much not that it is too much. Personal opinion not business fact). I'm not willing to spend that much on something I'll need to buy extra for (another £150 probably), so I won't be buying into that style of rig by Tokyo Marui. Do Inthink they charge too much? No? I'm just not able to afford something in that pice bracket (I could save up but am too tight and lazy to do that. Also, I prefer GBB now).

Even if I don't like the price, how could I not buy an MP5 though. The WE new product thread shows a prototype of the SD model. There's no possible way I'm passing that up. It's just one of those things you just can't say no to. I think I'll stay on the low side and carry only 6 mags when the SD comes out. I know spec ops tend to carry 10-12 on their person and another 6-8 in their bail out bag. I'll slowly make it there. It's just so hard to pick guns at the moment though with the TM m870 and this coming out. Then there's my real steel build I'm doing with a noveske body. I need to finish off my bachelors and move on to masters if I want the money to fuel this obsession. :D

Even if I don't like the price, how could I not buy an MP5 though. The WE new product thread shows a prototype of the SD model. There's no possible way I'm passing that up. It's just one of those things you just can't say no to. I think I'll stay on the low side and carry only 6 mags when the SD comes out. I know spec ops tend to carry 10-12 on their person and another 6-8 in their bail out bag. I'll slowly make it there. It's just so hard to pick guns at the moment though with the TM m870 and this coming out. Then there's my real steel build I'm doing with a noveske body. I need to finish off my bachelors and move on to masters if I want the money to fuel this obsession. :D

Yeah but they can't reload when they go back to respawn

Archived