WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

I have an update of sorts direct from WE.

I was asking about the release date for the A3 (sliding stock) no suprise they couldn't tell me however they did send me a full parts diagram which included a UMP style folding stock which is interesting to say the least. They also mentioned that 'they have many models in the pipe line'

Original message -

''Thank you for taking the time to write to us. Please find the attached parts diagram for the WE Apache Series for your reference.

I believe there are a number of other models on the roadmap for release in the coming months, however due to strict company policy I am unable to provide you with further information on guns that will be released in the near future until they have been released to us for showing to the public.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can offer assistance with in the meantime.'

So all looking good!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah not very many reviews/comparisons to VFC mp5's... Was gonna get the VFC, but then saw that they're gonna come out with a 3 rd. burst edition. I know this is old, but that mag angle that's off really bugs me, and I was just gonna "live with  it" until I saw that VFC showing that they're gonna come out with the 3rd burst function in the near future...

See, there it is. With the right upgrades. So, without the upgrades it isn't up to the task, so with that in mind, it's a failure. An out of the box gbb does tend to need a bit of love and care, this is taken for granted. But if it is released with faults, then it is a failure. Just like WE products that have failed, when used without modification. Swings and round abouts.

This is going to go on and on. VFC better than WE, let's just take that as read hitman and we can then move on. This thread needs a bit more WE mention, esspecially products for the MP5 series by WE. Cross compatability mentions, are well and truely needed.

My VFC hatred is not without evidence and is not without foundation. Though I will not bore you with it all.

There just simply isn't much information out on the MP5 yet, what I am shocked about is no ones done an 'initial impressions' yet, even on the MP5k which has been out for a while. There don't seem to be any aftermarket parts out yet either apart from the Angry Gun ROF increase which I see as a good thing I suppose, possibly meaning nothing has gone majorly wrong with them yet.

What we do know is -

MP5 folding stock is coming soon

MP5 sliding stock should be out by the end of summer

VFC stocks do fit with minor modification - Still tempted to buy the A2 and a VFC stock...

You can get closed magazines for an extra $10

Can anyone confirm anything about the type of hop it uses?

Heres the exploded diagram they sent me -

post-21477-0-92024200-1395139165_thumb.jpg

post-21477-0-14142700-1395139178_thumb.jpg

See, there it is. With the right upgrades. So, without the upgrades it isn't up to the task, so with that in mind, it's a failure. An out of the box gbb does tend to need a bit of love and care, this is taken for granted. But if it is released with faults, then it is a failure. Just like WE products that have failed, when used without modification. Swings and round abouts.

This is going to go on and on. VFC better than WE, let's just take that as read hitman and we can then move on. This thread needs a bit more WE mention, esspecially products for the MP5 series by WE. Cross compatability mentions, are well and truely needed.

The right upgrades for the early ones consist of $12 bolt guides.  Bolt guides that have been integrated by VFC into the newer models.  I would hardly consider that a failure...

If they don't come with it, then yes, it's a failure. As they didn't test it enough, to realise it need the guides. But again, that has no bearing on the WE. Great if you have a VFC but not if you want information about the WE and also what is compatible with the WE version.

I'm sure I've done an initial impressions review of the Kurz, in this very thread. I'll copy and paste them over into a new thread in the reviews section.

Personally, it's ace.
Nicely made, good feel to the pressed steel, the plastic has that nice polymer feel and not cheapy stuff.
fires nice, pumps them out nice and far considering the power. Accuracy is good for something that has a barrel length shorter than a cigarette.
Recoil is nice and positive. Not earth shattering, but plenty.

3 round burst function is lovely.

Things I'd change. 

Up the Rate of Fire a touch (it's a K... it should be MENTAL!)

change the bolt stop lever function on the back of the mag. It can get annoying if you forget about it.

Hop is indeed VSR compatible.

And that's really about it.

We've got two here at KGB, and they continue to impress. Unless they get dunked in the swamp, at which point they get a little sketchy.

Tried to get a picture of the hop-up chamber as I think you've seen a dial before (and the hand guard/grip is a *badgeress* to get off):-

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, don't have my camera to hand. I'll get the hand guard off tonight if you want to see the dial?

Archived