Bodgeups Airsoft - Sniper Cam scope videos

Bodgeups

How did it take you four tries to hit the bloke at 2:41? He's one of the biggest targets I've ever seen! (Great shooting, BTW!)

Ugh.  Watching someone I obviously just shot, through a scope, looking around to see if anyone noticed instead of calling themselves out is why I've (mostly) stopped using bolt action guns.  To play devil's advocate the rounds looked like they were striking very low.  First one MIGHT have gone between his legs, second went wide right, third was invisible, fourth looked like it struck at or below the knee.  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh.  Watching someone I obviously just shot [...] looking around to see if anyone noticed instead of calling themselves out

Just this. Is one of the single most goddamn annoying things in airsoft. I don't use a sniper rifle, most of the *fruitcage*ers don't call themselves out until they see me ~15 m away, just out of their tunnel vision, aiming at them. Yes I hit you, yes I saw, get the *fruitcage* out. Unfortunately I've caught some members of my society at it, as well as the local *rickroller* teflon warrior team.

Ugh.  Watching someone I obviously just shot, through a scope, looking around to see if anyone noticed instead of calling themselves out is why I've (mostly) stopped using bolt action guns.  To play devil's advocate the rounds looked like they were striking very low.  First one MIGHT have gone between his legs, second went wide right, third was invisible, fourth looked like it struck at or below the knee.  

Third isn't invisible - If you look closely it curves to the left, way clear of the chap.

Dang, this reminds me so much of finding a nice dug in position where no-one expects you to be and watching as they never take shot after shot.

With a pistol you can even hear the damn thing going off and I am close enough to get a felt hit and they still don't give up.

I can just about understand the ones where I am lying in such a way that they would pass at a distance and assume I am actually on the other team (direction and angle etc) but that is due to lots of bored TK'ing and such.

Great to see some bolt action videos though.

'FireKnife'

With how many cameras there are on the field, and how easy it is to get the footage out into social media these days, I'm surprised people still cheat.

Eh, *Ubar*-s will be *Ubar*-s right?

Sure the same could be said about people that drive Audis / white vans / taxis and speeding?

'FireKnife'

I still dont know how they can bring themselves to do it.

If someone thought I was cheating I would be mortified.

I recall once being accused of it by a player.

The fact that they had spent all day doing in when they had a faulty hop and ended up just shouting at people to take hits made me realise they were just a moron though.

However if a decent enough player came forward and claimed I was then I would really have to get them to walk me through it as I can't even think how they would reach that conclusion.

'FireKnife'

Quite a few to reply to! Right then...

How did it take you four tries to hit the bloke at 2:41? He's one of the biggest targets I've ever seen! (Great shooting, BTW!)

Pretty sure I didn't hit him until the fourth shot. I spoke to the guy afterwards and he said that the BDU's were 'new' and he wasn't used to the feeling. Make of that what you will...

Hey, 

I have watched most of your vids. Just have a few questions though. 

1) Why these gaming sites? They do not seem to be very sniper friendly. Lots of players on small piece of land, little sneeking options etc. 
2) You should try and setup your rifle to shoot better bb-s. I know you need heavy weight, but the 0.4g are pretty damn bad bb-s. You should clean hopup rubber with alcohol after each game, as you shoot a lot of bb-s and the hopup rubber gets dirty real quick with those bb-s. As you can see yourself you have a lot of fliers going everywhere, you should try and get that down to minimum. 

Best regards, 
Bjorn

There's only a few sites down here on the southern edge of London. My family live just outside North London, so the two sites I play at the most are those closest to those locations. 

I don't consider myself part of the 'one shot one hit' crew of airsoft snipers (anyone see that wooden spoon coming out?). But having said that, anything less than 0.4g isn't worth it in my experience (seven years of playing with sniper rifles). 

Target rich environment you mean :)

unless you have the time to drive 2+ hours to find a good open woodland site it generally is a case of take what game sites you can get, especially around London it seems. I travel 100miles out of London for good sneaky gameplay at a reasonable sized woodland site. When i move back to lonond in june i'll be seeing you about i dare say. 

I noticed you shoot unsupported a lot, Any reason behind it?

Where in London are you moving back to? 

Why unsupported? When I see a target, I'll try for a shot. And a lot of the time, I'm not near any hard cover to lean against, and I'm not a fan of bipods (just another bit of weight to add to the front of the rifle). 

The rounds were falling low on this particular player. 

Third isn't invisible - If you look closely it curves to the left, way clear of the chap.

Have a look at the new video I've just posted up to counter the invisibility problem ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived