Youve got 18 months to live. What do you do?

bankz5152

You can't chase a dead person. For fiddling and if you have given the cash to anyone they have to prove that they received it . If its a gift in cash they have no trace of it . If it was a bank transfer / etc they still have to prove it was not a gift received in good faith .

Basically the debtors have to write the debt off as unrecoverable .

Reason I know. . I know someone's dad who died and al his debts and loans got written off after his death . They debtors tried to recover and got told by a court his debts do not pass on to next of kin or his wife as they were taken out in his name only . Because his house was rented they had no avenues of recovery as he had no estate as such. . Just as well he did what he did because his life insurance screwed his kids on a technicality . Had to pay his wife but the kids got screwed because he took out the policy when they were kids . When they hit adulthood he should have changed his policy to state that they were not dependants anymore but adults .

Luckily his smart move by taking loans before he died and giving them the funds to hold ensured they got paid . If he hadn't they would have had nothing .

After seeing the no payment clause in the dependant issue .i approached my insurance company and updated my cover so my kids will get paid . The insurance company's are well aware of this clause and use it a lot to dodge payouts after the policyholders deaths .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go on a murder spree through the Houses Of Commons.................................

Not the House of Lords too?

But I am sure that as much as all of us can put big, hilarious things most would actually just say goodbye to everyone they know and love, spend what they have left to make sure they enjoy their last few days and then just enjoy what you have left.

Now if this was a question of 'what would you do if we somehow got the 8 minute warning that the sun had imploded and we were about to die' I am sure people would put much different answers. 18 months may be a long time but when you narrow it down to a less significant period of time then no-one knows what you would do, well bar the ending of this scene:

'FireKnife'

8 minutes is irrelevant. Does it matter? You're going to die, and most of what you'd do would end up being unfinished anyway. Besides that brings up the other problem of how in-depth the hypothetical is; if I got the 8 minute warning now, I'm in work...15 minutes away from my family.

However if the world was going to end now, I'd go outside, and just move/train - absence of thought through movement :)   Only real way of blotting out the countdown. I just fail to see the point in waiting to die

8 minutes is irrelevant. Does it matter? You're going to die, and most of what you'd do would end up being unfinished anyway. Besides that brings up the other problem of how in-depth the hypothetical is; if I got the 8 minute warning now, I'm in work...15 minutes away from my family.

However if the world was going to end now, I'd go outside, and just move/train - absence of thought through movement :)   Only real way of blotting out the countdown. I just fail to see the point in waiting to die

Well 18 months gives you a lot of time as most things people put can be done in a day, a week or at most a single month still leaving you 17 to go. 8 minutes might be too short but it is the other extreme of not having enough time.

To me 18 months feels like you could accomplish a lot but if you were given say a week things would be very different. I would still like to do more things but I think, given how much money I have a 'fun' spree would only last 3-6 months and that still leaves me with the rest to just wait out which I wouldn't want to do.

'FireKnife'

You sir have no imagination. Granted it will take light about that much time from the sun to reach us, it imploding will likely release a massive amount of radiation which is what I presume will kill us (so 8 minutes does sound about right), if it doesn't then whatever will won't take any longer than half a day. So what will I do in such short amount of time?

Rape ALL THE THINGS.

I dunno. From sacking the guy and starting up meaningful projects you have R&D plus actual production and distribution to chew through 12 months at least. That leaves you 6 months to enjoy your new fandangled TM which you've been waiting for since 2010 and for the replacement director he's not going to see profit until the next 4 months of sales or so giving him just 2 months to be smug about his accomplishments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived