Youve got 18 months to live. What do you do?

bankz5152

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.  Contribute to my local airsoft community in some meaningful way.

2.  Buy whatever bit of kit I still have yet to get.

3.  Visit every military memorial site that is on a list, regardless of country.

4.  Unleash FK upon the United States (would probably get labeled a terrorist for doing so).

5.  Ensure whoever is still around me family wise gets something out of my departure.

6.  Laugh manically at everything, just to see people's reactions.

7.  Actually attend Eastwind

8.  Try to play the videogames I missed out on whilst I await death.

In reality, it would probably just be 1, 5, and 8.

I would transfer everything I had to my wife/son, and then borrow to the hilt and give that them too. Make sure the house was finished (we're renovating, and the wife ain't too handy at building walls!).

Try and make life as good as I can for them :)

18 months is a long time, and that is time I would spend not thinking about it...if you run off of a war clock, you're going to be constrained. You think too much about what you should do, or can do as opposed to what you want to do in the moment. I don't mean any of the hyped up carpe diem hipster BS, but rather literally living day by day doing what you feel when you feel it.

I would sell virtually every possession I have, generate as much money as I could and pack my rucksack heading for the hills. I'd start by travelling around Europe, visiting anywhere of interest...writing, drawing, thinking...just living in the slipstream of thought. All I would really have with me is basic clothes, sleeping bag, basic mat, notebooks, pen & cards. Sleep in hostels where possible (meet cool people...well, people at least), streets if necessary, and just keep moving. Benefit of not long to live is fines are not really an issue, so you can ride trains to your hearts content stacking up the fines and allowing them to build when the money runs out.

After moving through Europe for a while, I'd make my way back to Australia to tour along the coasts for a prolonged surfing road trip. Then it'd be a long journey through Asia, again stopping wherever sees my fancy. One day I'll day, but I won't be keeping track...so whether it's 6 months, 12 months, 18 or whatever...I'll live day by day, rather than waiting to die.

Archived