TM Teasers September 2014

hitmanNo2

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanaka ones are good but they are not really revolvers in the true sense. They are more oddly shaped NBBs that can be used for really long range shots.

'FireKnife'

I know the Pegasus system doesn't use shells, but I don't think it's any less of a revolver. The BB is still brought in line with the barrel as the cylinder rotates, and excluding the cylinder, the internals are more realistic than any other revolver you can get. I don't think any other airsoft revolver comes close to a Tanaka personally. 

And it's definitely a USP Compact. The grip texture has a straight border down through the grip, whereas the fullsize has a curve around the mag catch area. I doubt it'll be long until a full size though, hopefully an HK45c too, but TM don't seem to make too many variants of the same gun.

uspcomputer_zpsdabf0733.jpg

Eh, for me the lack of removeable shells kills it but then magazine fed guns just seem better suited to or silly little 6mm projectiles :P.

As for the USP I have seen pics of the odd USP with the straighter grip but all in all I would want a USPc first anyway.

Either way "USP" minus "retard-o-hop" plus "TM magic" equals "win!"

'FireKnife'

I used to love Tanaka revolvers, but when I came across Marushins and their X-Cartridges, Tanakas felt to me like GBB pistols that you can't take the magazine out of. There's not much you can do with modern DA revolvers but pull the trigger or cock the hammer so I find a realistic reload to be more or less essential to have the most fun out of. TM revolvers, well, they are what they are. Low powered but very accurate and hold as many bbs as an automatic pistol. They have an option for removable cartridges too but I just wish they put a little more weight in their guns is all. Come to think of it, I don't think Marui even dabbles in heavyweight plastics.

It's the USP Compact, look at the area under the slide release:

That actually makes it look more like the Full Size which has harsher stippling.

Either way it don't matter, we will know by Saturday and I am going to get both when they appear UK side.

'FireKnife'

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/praragi1409/index.html

Anyone else notice the 417's grip angle is WAY off? Seems like they didn't bother with redesigning the GB like VFC did - they just took the design and shoved it w/ the normal angle.

Kind of ruins the look 0_0

They did the same with the HK416 though remember.. It does keep things simple for spares and upgrading, especially on the recoil engine which isn't your standard gearbox with a vast amount of upgrades available. 

USP Compact = Win!!!

FDE M&P = Well that was quick for TM to make a variation, must be popular.

HK45 Tactical = Yes, now to just get it with a black instead of Tan frame. Though good to see TM doing a threaded barrel on something, last gas pistol I recall that had one was the TM SOCOM and that's NBB.

So over all pleased that the USPc came out so quick and that it has the better internal slide stop unlike the stupid KSC/KWA ones that would shred the outer plastic slide plus a much better hop.

Now to see when they are going to hit UK side as after this weekend I can finally buy from retailers without having to see if they will accept my (valid according to law / VCR-A) defence.

Finally I like how they allowed you to cock the hammer on the AEP Hi-Capa. Doesn't mean I am going to buy one though, useful for winter or not :P

EDIT: Also according to those stats the mag capacity for the USPc is 23+1. Now that is perfect, only putting it 2-3 behind most full sizes. Damn you TM making me want.

'FireKnife'

I remember the teaser for the 417 earlier in the year had a different pistol grip (it was a random google image). They probably just used HK416 parts to save money or get it ready for this year.

I do wonder if they are going to make different versions, since this says Early variant and it might be better to wait. I know the pistol grip on my 416 is difficult to change without disabling the ambi selector switch (at least with a hogue grip).

Shame about the 417, but I'm happy about the rest. USP looks very nice, has a nice big loading nozzle so should be very snappy for its size. I hope they include a flat baseplate. Hk45 also looks good, I hope they change the front sight though, the standard has a very small white dot on the front that should be a bit bigger.

USP Compact = Win!!!

FDE M&P = Well that was quick for TM to make a variation, must be popular.

HK45 Tactical = Yes, now to just get it with a black instead of Tan frame. Though good to see TM doing a threaded barrel on something, last gas pistol I recall that had one was the TM SOCOM and that's NBB.

So over all pleased that the USPc came out so quick and that it has the better internal slide stop unlike the stupid KSC/KWA ones that would shred the outer plastic slide plus a much better hop.

Now to see when they are going to hit UK side as after this weekend I can finally buy from retailers without having to see if they will accept my (valid according to law / VCR-A) defence.

Finally I like how they allowed you to cock the hammer on the AEP Hi-Capa. Doesn't mean I am going to buy one though, useful for winter or not :P

EDIT: Also according to those stats the mag capacity for the USPc is 23+1. Now that is perfect, only putting it 2-3 behind most full sizes. Damn you TM making me want.

'FireKnife'

Outerplastic slide? Its Ali. The range and accuracy on my HK45 is outstanding, far better than any TM pistol ive got at the minute!

Outerplastic slide? Its Ali. The range and accuracy on my HK45 is outstanding, far better than any TM pistol ive got at the minute!

Ever owned an original KSC/KWA USP or USPc (all 4 of my USPC's and one of my full size USPs too)? Before they came in 'full metal goodness' from KWA they had plastic slides that would get damaged due to the slide stop catching them and start to wear down. Their Glock 26s used to become useless after the slide catch would strip away enough plastic that it wouldn't sit right on the rails and mis-fire, same went for a lot of the older KSC guns and I prefer a plastic slide for my type of use.

But they also seemed to suffer (albiet not as much as the SP2022) from the KSC type hop which was impossible to get perfect in those models. Perhaps the HK45 does it better but I have never been a fan of the KWA designs anyway.

So for me a TM USPc is perfect, given that it has this newer thing of large nozzle diameter it should be fun to shoot too. Roll on whenever it comes out.

'FireKnife'

Archived