TM Teasers September 2014

hitmanNo2

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The USPc looks awesome. Not a fan of pinned magazines, but that's nothing that a little RTV silicone can't solve, and it's not like the screwed magazines I use (P226) have such a great reputation either.

The grip angle on the HK417D does look pretty weird. I appreciate that this is some cost-cutting measure to ensure compatibility with other Recoil Shock guns' parts, but I feel like the market would have supported the cost of model-specific parts if it meant making the grip look halfway passable. It worked for VFC, didn't it?

The USPc looks awesome. Not a fan of pinned magazines, but that's nothing that a little RTV silicone can't solve, and it's not like the screwed magazines I use (P226) have such a great reputation either.

I think it's swings and roundabouts with screwed or pinned mags, base plates that are screwed on are easier to remove/re-fit providing the screws are of a good quality (WE not being a great example there) but they do seem to lead to users just tightening them a bit more every time a leak develops rather than fixing it, the end result eventually being a stripped thread and mag fit for the bin if it's pushed too far.

Pinned mags can be a right pita to work on (WE BHP being a great example of a pinned base plate that's a doddle to work on) but they do encourage actual fixes and are a bit harder to damage to the point they end up in the bin, that said I do prefer mags with the base plate screwed on, but preferably with an allen key bolt rather than posi-drive head, a torx head would be even better but I've never seen one with that.

I must admit Allen headed screws do help.

Though the P226 one is rather the lower end of the TM mag pile I found, oddly the best just so happen to appear on my favourite design. When that rare leak happens I just pop the plate off with a small tool, check the o-ring, re-lube, back together and all done in two minutes max.

Pinned for me just feels a bit lazy really, like they got to the end and went 'erm, oh yeah, clunk, clunk, slide in, slide in and done. No-one needs to open them anyway'. :P

'FireKnife'

When that rare leak happens I just pop the plate off with a small tool, check the o-ring, re-lube, back together and all done in two minutes max.

XDM mags are screwed too, only had a minor leak once and that was the same deal. Disassemble, clean, examine, regrease, assemble.

I love repairs that can happen between games is the safe zone. 

XDM mags are screwed too, only had a minor leak once and that was the same deal. Disassemble, clean, examine, regrease, assemble.

I love repairs that can happen between games is the safe zone. 

I must admit I am still rather tempted by the XDM too, I mean the little WE one I had was rather ergonomic and it has features I am used to like a grip safety and a nearer to SA trigger.

But still at least the TM releases are getting quicker so that USPc might be in my hands by the end of this year or start on next which is awesome. That and the potential for a full size soon means I could do my Collateral get up without having to use a mediocre KWA along with it :D.

'FireKnife'

TM XDM is a monster for performance.

If the USP is anywhere close I'll be a happy camper.

See now I can afford it and the M&P I am stuck as it will eaither be one gun and many mags or both guns and maybe a spare mag :P.

The USPc seems to have a very short 75mm inner barrel, like a Detonics, so even with a 15mm cylinder I'm not so sure about it having a great performance...

Have you shot a Detonics? I was surprised to see how far the little bugger goes given the size. However the kick of the 15mm cylinder would be interesting in a smaller gun (might kick as well as the WE XDM 3.8 that I had, the only really exceptional thing about that pistol).

I saw on Impulse's facebook the other day they're expecting the USPc + HK417 to be available from December.. Don't know how much truth is in that! 

Well December would be nice so that would mean January for us given how Christmas grinds the whole UK to a halt (stupid falsified pagan holiday that means nothing bar a overdrawn credit card to many).

Saying that the HK45 and M&P popped up rather quickly after they were shown and GBB pistols are sometimes the first or second release (seems it goes recoil AEG / GBB pistol or vice-versa with TM releases).

'FireKnife'

Archived