Old members?

garry

Isn't hissing sid now stealthbomber? iirc he is a mod here :P oh the dummy will be spat at mach speed if he reads this, I hope i am wrong :D

Maybe he is....... :o

If that's the case, hopefully he's calmed down in his old age. Is Stealbomber bad tempered?......... :D

One thing I'll say, Sid was pretty good at the techie stuff on aeg's.

I'll await incoming........ :gun:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Most people can't wait for me to stop posting/talking/ leave the room/die.

Really. You like shotguns. I like that you like them!

Can't remember now - too long ago, but Ghost Rider deffo started his own airsoft forum. Think it died a death after a while though and no longer around.

Ah, cheers :)

Maybe he is....... :o

If that's the case, hopefully he's calmed down in his old age. Is Stealbomber bad tempered?......... :D

One thing I'll say, Sid was pretty good at the techie stuff on aeg's.

I'll await incoming........ :gun:

I thought stealth was a right grumpy twat when I first joined, but he was great actually. I remember sending him a trigger mech for an L96 as he needed one one time.

It's a rare rare thing for me to send out free stuff!

Really? Most people can't wait for me to stop posting/talking/ leave the room/die.

Even given the silly number of hours I've spent looking at this blue and white* this has always been most of my airsofting time. I rarely get to play, as most airsoft games are Sunday mornings, an obvious issue before I got kicked out of my church, since then I run other things on Sundays and that leaves me with only a rare Sunday morning free to play a half days airsoft. Very few sites I know will offer me a "half day price" and £30 for two hours is far to much for me.

I just wana shoot stuff that can shoot back, shooting paper is boring...

*speaking of forum colours, does anyone remember the sneeze fetish forum that had the exact same colour scheme as Arnies? that was surreal!

sneeze fetish forum? what the flying fruitcage were you searching for?!? Also, how did you get kicked out of a church?

Isn't hissing sid now stealthbomber? iirc he is a mod here :P oh the dummy will be spat at mach speed if he reads this, I hope i am wrong :D

Shhhh, we don't talk about that 'round these parts.

I remember the Old Guard, Sid, Ghost_Rider and Hardcore Mitsuko (who our very own Rob_15 was so enamoured with... ;)) Doc newstead, Lance Jackass, R22 Master, Nuno Mcadasdasdbasbdbasdbasbd the portugese mod, Havoc and Sledge and X razer X too.

Now, let's break out the old catchphrases - All Hail Wanglin!

Careful you don't get mud on your weesatch ;)

These are the folks I remember from back in '06 when I joined... and where have they gone?

Rhino

Marlowe

Titleist - forced to give up airsoft due to legal issues.

Magsz

Masakarijoe

Belladonna - banned?

UrPeaceKeeper

Stealthbomber

The Crunchy Bunny

FarEast

CapaciousZepher

Guinness

Sledge zorro.gif

Ardrummer292

medic23

Fatal

Grim
Orca

sneeze fetish forum?

Ok, so I wasn't the one that found that one...

It use the same forum code and the exact same off-the-shelf button images that Arnies used at the time, so the only difference on the page was the very top image that didn't have a cartoon airsofter on it.

The only thread I looked at was of pictures of celebrities mid sneeze... I didn't understand it...

{Edit}

GOOOD NEWS GUYS, It still exists and it still looks EXACTLY the same as Arnies.

http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/forums/

{Edit2} I'm pretty sure it's an adult forum(Not sure why I get that inkling) so *WARNING* I guess

Personally, I do think that FB has had a negative impact on forum usage. At the same time though I've been more invested in my local forum (MiA). I feel like as an airsofter moves through the stages of their "airsoft life" (if you will...) the way they participate and how frequently they participate changes.

Beginner airsofters are usually posting questions about guns, gear or asking for technical help. They post frequently because they have lots of questions and not a lot of experience.

Middle aged airsofters are posting responses to these questions and maybe making occasional posts about advanced technical issues, impressions, gun/gear reviews, etc.

Old aged airsofters post a lot less frequently because they can't be bothered to answer the same old questions time and again and they don't necessarily have a lot of gear, gun or upgrade questions because they've been playing for a while and have figured out what works for them. They are the Ents of our sport...

Crazy to hear about Titleist.

Isn't Bella still doing the rounds, mostly on fb?

I still have all my irc logs from 99 until about 08, there's a lot of banter in them, back when all the forums ran in harmony up until the communty fragmented, I'll print them in my memoirs, on kindle soon :P

I've even got the night Tim Ivery deleted hissing sid, weirdly he came into the ASC IRC room to ask why all hassle existed, he even asked how to ban someone, before we could explain he went into sever side of things and made a howling ar*e of it, that move made a right mess of the DB, if he had 2 minutes patiene we'd have explained how, i was an expert at it :P glock shaped cakes, mmmnnnngg :P

So why did Sledge get banned anyway?

Insulting PMs, I'm pretty Hissing Sid went the same way.

Anyone know what version of Arnie's this is?  I think I joined '01/'02 and I've seen a few iterations.

I'm pretty sure this is the current version... it tastes like it.

^2nd'd on the church kicking out thing

Also, how did you get kicked out of a church?

Any group of people that becomes Cliquiy is a terrible thing, worse in a church, after a bad ending to a relationship I was insulted and falsely accused of various thing. I've rarely seen so much hatred in one place, and in a church no less.

Never seen the point in getting personal really, insulting pm's / posts and the like.

Sure, we may not always agree on things and a debate might get a bit lively, but just take it on the chin.

I'm sure we've all read posts where someone may be talking cobblers, but just put them right politely.

One thing with forums and the typed word though, is it's very easy to take something or a comment the wrong way. It's just how people say things sometimes, and don't necessarily put their point forward very well.

I've been here as long as I can remember but changed my username from monkeyboy to my real name as I did on all forums as I just thought I don't mind who knows who I am as stand behind what I say so don't hide behind a pseudonym- not having a go at anyone with a forum name; I just got bored with it amongst other reasons.

Glad to see some of the old faces still here but boy do I miss candyman's build threads!

I've been here as long as I can remember but changed my username from monkeyboy to my real name as I did on all forums as I just thought I don't mind who knows who I am as stand behind what I say so don't hide behind a pseudonym- not having a go at anyone with a forum name; I just got bored with it amongst other reasons.

Glad to see some of the old faces still here but boy do I miss candyman's build threads!

My "birth" name is my pseudonym :P

Archived