Old members?

garry

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although it is a fair bit quieter here (don't really seem to get any of the newbies?) I think if you were to draw a graph of the general 'activity' of Arnies say 2 years ago vs now, then do the same for zero-in the difference would be huge.  It used to be a *fruitcage* hive over there, I can only imagine a large proportion of them went to facebook.

What was the deal with KidScotland? 

I vaguely remember him starting a thread being all "I'm back!" but was that it? Has he risen to his lofty heights purely because he assumed we knew who he was/gave two craps?

DARE THEE QUESTION THE RETURN OF OUR HONOURED OVERLORD.

He doesn't tell the time, he decides the time.

Although it is a fair bit quieter here (don't really seem to get any of the newbies?) I think if you were to draw a graph of the general 'activity' of Arnies say 2 years ago vs now, then do the same for zero-in the difference would be huge.  It used to be a *fruitcage* hive over there, I can only imagine a large proportion of them went to facebook.

I'm glad it's not just me that thought that!

I know people talk about Arnies being a bit quiet these days, but every time I go and look at another forum which is meant to be active and see the last posting dates in what are normally major sections the reaction is usually 'Jeeez, now that's a dead forum'.

I think one thing that contributes to Arnies appearing quieter for me now (as in, the last 4 or so years) is the fact there are far more sub-sections than there used to be, originally 'The Game' and 'Legal Issues' never existed, nor did 'Just Handguns', there is still a fair bit of activity, just a lot of it is spread across additional sections and tidied away into specific sections so the main general and tech sections don't move/fill up at the same pace.

We all do, approximately 1.7x10^-7mm per rep.

This is why I like Arnies, on any other forum the stock response would have just been "lol, Chuck Norris ftw!!1!".

I find Arnies is the least cringeworthy forum, which is probably the result of its core members having been around longer than most.

This is why I like Arnies, on any other forum the stock response would have just been "lol, Chuck Norris ftw!!1!".

I find Arnies is the least cringeworthy forum, which is probably the result of its core members having been around longer than most.

Clearly you havn't read any of my posts then.

Archived