Stuff of Nightmares

renegadecow

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

At least lipos don't set on fire/explode when struck at high speed.

Say by a bb...

From the destructive tests I've seen using other mediums, I think it'd probably take a lot of hits to get a lipo smoking.  Honestly be interested to see that test done though; every game without fail I see people with batteries taped on the outsides of their guns.  If there isn't one out there already I might see if I've got a 7.4v that's looking a bit ratty and see what happens.

Well, I've seen other videos of people smashing the out of lipos with metal spikes for ages after that same pack's already been shot to *suitcase* with RIFs.  So clearly there's a lot of factors to do with the 'testing' at play there.  Type/brand of battery, age, usage etc etc.  I've got some old-ish ones that've definitely been bashed around fairly hard in general usage and no issues at all.  Not discounting what you're saying at all, obviously there's a lot of variables involved.

Might have an ask around see if anyone I know can scrounge up a few gash/unwanted packs, see what happens when shot with a couple of different guns.

It can vary greatly what happens when shot. I've seen some pierced by a nail and hardly let out smoke while others burst into flames shortly after having a sharp impact. Point is, one could just not use huge *albatross* 12V fans as there are ones smaller than 25mm which run 5V and below which can be powered by something more reasonable to be strapping on your head like a couple AAs batteries.

It can vary greatly what happens when shot. I've seen some pierced by a nail and hardly let out smoke while others burst into flames shortly after having a sharp impact. Point is, one could just not use huge *albatross* 12V fans as there are ones smaller than 25mm which run 5V and below which can be powered by something more reasonable to be strapping on your head like a couple AAs batteries.

Well yeah, we'd gone off on a tangent, not saying it's necessary to strap lipos to your helmet.

Have to say though, personally, after issues I've had (and continue to have) I can almost empathise with the guy that's made that face-pro setup.  Think I'm going to have to invest in trying some mesh options.

Well, I've seen other videos of people smashing the ###### out of lipos with metal spikes for ages after that same pack's already been shot to *suitcase* with RIFs.  So clearly there's a lot of factors to do with the 'testing' at play there.  Type/brand of battery, age, usage etc etc.  I've got some old-ish ones that've definitely been bashed around fairly hard in general usage and no issues at all.  Not discounting what you're saying at all, obviously there's a lot of variables involved.

Might have an ask around see if anyone I know can scrounge up a few gash/unwanted packs, see what happens when shot with a couple of different guns.

I have a dead one here if you want it for the cause?

Ed-Skar, fancy painting and modifying the looks of a nerf gun for me?

I have a dead one here if you want it for the cause?

Ed-Skar, fancy painting and modifying the looks of a nerf gun for me?

I love modding nerf guns, I've cleared out my comissions because I'm having some structural work done in my house and need stuff cleared, but you can go top of the list as of now and I'll get to it asap. What are you after?

TAKE IT TO PM!

I dunno, some of them were easily twice my size. But they did ask me a few times for tips/directions and referred to us (in full kit) as "professionals", whatever that meant. Honestly I'm still kinda fazed by the experience. I like to pretend war. That, that was just way too real for me.

My adoptive mother is Jewish, which is why I don't collect any Nazi paraphernalia.

But, If you even joked about Allahu Akbar around here, a lot of people would be reaching in their IWB holster.

Kind of *fruitcage*ed up situation, here in America.

Archived