Commandoboy: Have you had enough?

Ghost_Rider

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, if someone asked me if I'd been 'penetrated', I'd f***ing kill them, too.

It's a horrible thing to say, to ANYONE.

No, not as little as possible.  Three posts max per day, and starting NOW!  Like HaVoC said, you have two more left today.

1 left ;)

expvideo i was just saying some of the women on these boards may have gotten offended commando boy didnt apologize until i pointed it out all i am trying to say is people get offended by certain things and he didnt realize that. thats all i am trying to say

-jacob

Perhaps he didn't appologize because he didn't feel what he said was wrong. If that is the case, I'd say he's appologized profusely in this thread. He made a mistake, and ended up looking like a sexist nazi. He's appologized, and admitted that he was wrong for doing it. I'd say that is what I'd expect, not a ban.

Aaron

Look, if someone asked me if I'd been 'penetrated', I'd f***ing kill them, too.

It's a horrible thing to say, to ANYONE.

1 left ;)

He meant it as a joke, or he wouldn't have quoted Quagmire of all people. Since no one saw it the way he did, and it ended up hurting people's feelings, he has appologized. I would say that is acceptable. Not good, but I can live with an appology, and I don't need to see heads roll over a bad joke.

Expvideo, you know I respect you as an individual.

Please realise, that whilst this incident appears to have dominated the discussion, it is only one of many.

I challenge you to go through his posts and find a single one that contributes in any meaningful way to the forum.

The facts are:

He was told, and so were we that he was back on sufferance, and if he didn't shape up he'd be gone.

He's not shaped up.

Ergo, Bannage should follow.

I am not for or against banning the member in question.

But there is another alternative, I believe.

I believe there is a feature in the invision boards that allows mods/admins to set an option on individual members such that all of their posts need to be reviewed and approved before they are actually posted.

It is certainly a lot of work, but it puts a filter on abusive/idiotic behavior, and might be a temporaary measure that helps decide if a member is worth keeping around or not.

On the board I admin, we never bothered with that. We'd hand out 3 or 7 day bans, and after a few of those, people either left of wised up.

He meant it as a joke, or he wouldn't have quoted Quagmire of all people.  Since no one saw it the way he did, and it ended up hurting people's feelings, he has appologized.  I would say that is acceptable.  Not good, but I can live with an appology, and I don't need to see heads roll over a bad joke.

Well, if you look on the first page, G_R's main problem with him seems to be all the spamming he makes, although being H_M's boyfriend, that Quagmire quote might have put G_R over the top.

Expvideo, you know I respect you as an individual.

Please realise, that whilst this incident appears to have dominated the discussion, it is only one of many.

I challenge you to go through his posts and find a single one that contributes in any meaningful way to the forum.

The facts are:

He was told, and so were we that he was back on sufferance, and if he didn't shape up he'd be gone.

He's not shaped up.

Ergo, Bannage should follow.

I know of his bad record, and I know a lot of what he says is not that useful. I do however notice that in this entire thread he has not once stood up for himself. All he has done was appologize. I think that in itself deserves at least one person to fight for him, when the majority of the forum wants his blood.

Aaron

ill take the high road and say commandoboy doesnt need to be ban just he needs to watch what he posts a lil bit i dont think anybody on these boards should be flamed or banned(apart from asso) he just needs to cut down thatsa lil bit on the spamming and he would be a good member

-jacob

I know of his bad record, and I know a lot of what he says is not that useful.  I do however notice that in this entire thread he has not once stood up for himself.  All he has done was appologize.  I think that in itself deserves at least one person to fight for him, when the majority of the forum wants his blood.

Aaron

Oh my god. He's got you wrapped around his little finger.

:smurf:

######s to the quagmire quote.

Hardcore is more than capable of bitchslapping this little boy if she felt it necessary. This has nothing to do with her being offended.

My issue is that we, as a community, were told he'd changed his ways, and this is why he was allowed back on.

I know he spams

- a rules breach, and a breach of his 'parole'

I know he uses 1337 speak and doesn't spell or grammar check his posts

- another rules breach.

There are many users who have been banned for stupid mistakes and lesser offences and had not been given as many chances as he has. I find it insulting that he was given this preveledge and not respected it, and thusly feel, quite rightly, that he should be out on his ear.

Ok, I have PMed R22 of this discussion, and hopefully, Commandoboy will listen to me for once.

Like I said in an earlier post, I'll leave R22 to make the final decision, but I will take away his posting ability for a day everytime I see him spamming from now on. This thread is closed.

Wow, I go away for a few days and look what happens.

Right, well first off, I can agree with what has been said on the matter already. I had noticed a decline on CommandoBoy's posting since he was allowed back on the forums. This has steadily got worse and now it seems a lot of you are taking offence. This is in breach of the set of rules that were imposed for his resurrection, so he is now banned from the site - permanently.

This was a truly unique case. When someone spams, annoys other users, and then creates duplicate accounts - they are gone - plain and simple. On this occasion though, I felt that there were mitigating circumstances that were worth looking in to.

I took a chance letting CommandoBoy back on to the forums and I still believe that at the time when he was reinstated, he genuinly wanted to be a valuable forum member. It seems though that once he was back on, he let things slip and was back to his old ways pretty quickly.

I am sorry that I made the wrong decision in this case, and I apologise for any problems that this has caused.

Cheers all ;)

Archived