2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my TM hi-capa. I'm loving it. It's much better than my g19 and we 1911 in terms of fit & finish, accuracy, rof, gas consumption(stupid we). It just isn't as balanced cause the front is kinda light. I'm already looking for stuff to buy for it.

1609329369_c33d5a16a2_o.jpg

1609323155_74d6aedcd1_o.jpg

1609333641_1f3ea8809f_o.jpg

1609339465_7091578cdf_o.jpg

1610234196_a9a90d422b_o.jpg

1610239182_8c33c155b8_o.jpg

FireFly hop ups are V-Hops. I have a clients gun in right now with one. I am going to run it up against a Nine Ball, KM and the stock Marui and see which works best. I'll let you know.

How's your experiement coming along? I'm very interested how your outcome would differ from mine.

I have done some and it appears to be the firefly hopup is quite soft. I have put "Hard" one on one of my custom tuned hicapa(goes through the center bottom of coke can) and it really didn't have any hopup with SGM .28g BBs even when I cranked the dial upto max. Best I could get was 30m shooting range, and obviously the accuracy was erratic because hopup was on max.(the more hopup the less accurate it becomes I found with any hopup system. So the sweet spot would be applying least hopup while still getting good range, which means only can be achieved by having quality hopup rubber that made to work with specific FPS output range and specific BB weight.) I switched it back to stock Marui rubber and the range(around 55m) and consistancy returned instantly.

I think Firefly hopup should be rated as such for TM hicapa/p226/glock/mk23 series:

Extra soft: ~250fps range. Best using .2g BBs.

Soft: 250~300fps range. for .2g

Hard: 300~350fps range. for .2g/.25g.

Extra Hard: 350~400fps range. for .2g/.25g BBs and maybe .28g.

It seems to me that Firefly hopup rubbers are NOT made for high velocity setups, and nothing really heavier than .25g BBs.

BTW. maybe not related but I have KM RH55(VSR compatible series. Not AEG series.) hopup on my tuned KJ M700. It's been great so far, though I wish the rubber was slightly harder. I think it's rated for around 400~500fps.

I just wish manufactuers specify FPS ratings for their hopup rubbers. It would save us a lot of hassle trying to figure out what works best.

Edited by fal

I've been busy so haven't had the chance to really test it out. The FireFly unit is Soft (or super soft) and the thing shoots very erratically at range. I think I was taking 100 foot shots, and they where obviously getting some hop, but wouldn't stay on target. My gun with a Nine Ball was shooting high (I tend to run my hop ups high) but was still shooting straight. I need to try the KM, but I think that one is soft as well. I should just toss the Nine Ball one in, since I know it works.

I was thinking of ketting the King Arms one to check it out as well. Anyone tried it yet?

I never seen it before till now. It kinda looks like Nineball copy though. Personaly I don't trust KA products. They are low end of the stick and I wouldn't trust their product especialy for delicate product such as hopup rubber. I have bought few things(external parts) made by KA before and they were mediocre. Even their tactical gears are ######. I think only choices we have as far as hopup goes, are KM or Nineball. Or else you can use FF Hard hopup with light weight BBs(.2/.25g).

I would try out FF Hard rubber you bought though. If your gun shoots around 300~350fps with greengas, then it would worth a try and see how much benefit you are getting out of.

Dang it. Only if nineball was V hopup. At least it's hard enough for us greengas users. I might get nineball hopup and compare the result with KM RH55. Then I will know how much beneficial the V hopup would be over harder hopup rubber, and decide whether to go for soft, but V hopup or hard yet plain jane.

I ran some tests on a TM 1911. The FireFly super soft was more erratic than anything else I have seen. A harder one might work better. KM R55 was pretty good. Over hops a lot with .20 but with .25s you can get a pretty flat trajectory out past 75+ feet. I probably still like the Nine Ball unit best for guns between 300-350. Still seems to be the most consistent and works well with .20s.

I was just wondering, is Nineball hopup rubber a harder than KM RH55? I still have this feeling that KM RH55 is still bit soft for my liking. Better than Firefly but not good enough. I hope Nineball one is harder than KM RH55.

Thanks for testing this out hkssr20det. I was hoping for more encouraging results but thats the nature of trial and error I guess.

The good part is that it seems the 9Ball, which is one of the cheapest, is also one of the best. Always nice when it works out that way.

Thanks for the comments guys. I actually just got into airsoft guns a couple months ago and this is my first build. Its not done yet...and its only a lab rat. I've got plans for another build.

I polished the Guarder SA slide first due to some scratches. I figured I'd go with the 2-tone tony look and polished all the controls. I didn't like the look of the PDI comp on it in black so I polished that too.

The 5.1 SD outer barrel fits perfectly fine with the 4.3 slide. It doesn't have any fitment issues. I just wish metal barrels/chambers fit as tight as the stock TM plastic.

Edited by the4thpower3

My almost complete WA SVI 6''. Just need to figure out why its light striking on the High flow valve, a problem that doesn't occur on a stock valve. Shoots 360 stock so I'm starting to think its more a problem with the Guarder valve then anything.

Western Arms Strayer Voight Infinity 6 Inch

SD SVI 6'' Metal Slide

SD POM Loading Nozzle Set

SD POM Floating Valve

SD Floating Valve Return Spring

SD "Real" SVI Pistol Grip

SD Fibre Sight for SVI 5''

SD 150% Recoil Spring

SD 150% Hammer Spring

CP Custom Stainless Steel SCW2 Hammer

CP Custom Stainless Steel SCW2 Hammer Strut

CP Custom Stainless Steel SCW2 Sear

PDI 6.01mm Inner Barrel

Guarder Steel SCW2 Firing Pin

Guarder Hi Flow Valve

Guarder Magazine Lips

infinity3.jpg

infinity4.jpg

Very nice 4.3 the4thpower3.

I'm looking into getting a guarder slide for my hi-capa 5.1. They can't be as bad as some people make it out to be can they, because I wanted to save some money and go with a guarder. Also, I like the SA guarder slide but would it look weird if I used that with an SD sv/sti grip.

I fitted a Guarder slide on a friends Hi-Capa not to long ago. It actually wasn't that bad to fit aside from having to hacksaw a piece off of the blowback unit. As far as the quality goes it has held up fine so far. It's not so much as issue of reliability as it is aesthetics.

After handling my SD slided guns, my friend was kicking himself for not going the extra mile to buy a slide that looked really good and was finished well.

I guess in the end it is just about the purpose of the gun. If it's built to look good, then I would say SD but if you are simply after a metal slide for reliability reasons then a Guarder could be a good way to save a few bucks.

I do think that I'll encourage him to polish it after seeing how nicely the4thpower3's came out.

Edited by Romulus
My almost complete WA SVI 6''. Just need to figure out why its light striking on the High flow valve, a problem that doesn't occur on a stock valve. Shoots 360 stock so I'm starting to think its more a problem with the Guarder valve then anything.

Western Arms Strayer Voight Infinity 6 Inch

SD SVI 6'' Metal Slide

SD POM Loading Nozzle Set

SD POM Floating Valve

SD Floating Valve Return Spring

SD "Real" SVI Pistol Grip

SD Fibre Sight for SVI 5''

SD 150% Recoil Spring

SD 150% Hammer Spring

CP Custom Stainless Steel SCW2 Hammer

CP Custom Stainless Steel SCW2 Hammer Strut

CP Custom Stainless Steel SCW2 Sear

PDI 6.01mm Inner Barrel

Guarder Steel SCW2 Firing Pin

Guarder Hi Flow Valve

Guarder Magazine Lips

infinity3.jpg

That's nice - Good to see an upgraded 2011 that ISN'T pimped for a change (much as I like Race Guns).

Cheers.