2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Nice Indeed. Are you planning of keeping the silver controls?

(Can't wait till mine comes, two tone though :) )

On another note here's a picture of my almost complete Hi-Capa project

tmhicapainfinityleftdowxl7.jpg

I just fitted the mag well this evening and I also have to tweak the sights but hopefully I'll have complete pictures and a parts list in the next couple days.

Edited by Romulus

Sorry to double post but I can't edit my other post anymore.

Before:

hicaparightid3.jpg

After Phase II of my Infinity Blue Project :

tmhicapainfinitybluelefnt1.jpg

tmhicapainfinitybluebacoh7.jpg

tmhicapainfinitybluelocnt3.jpg

This gun includes the following:

• SD Infinity Slide (5 inch)

• SD Real Blue Grip (SV)

• SD Fiber Optic Rear Sight (red)

• SD Hot Shot Mag Well (Kryloned Black)

• SD Mag Lip

• Guarder Metal Barrel

• Guarder 150% Hammer Spring

• Guarder 150% Recoil Spring

• Guarder Enhanced Loading Nozzle

• Guarder High Flow Valve(s)

• 9Ball Dyna Piston Head

• 9Ball 6.03mm Tightbore (112mm)

• 9Ball Air Seal Chamber Packing

I call this Phase II because my eventual plan is to get the slide chopshoped into a custom hybrid slide and then add a SD hybrid barrel/chamber setup to the mix. I occasionally run this gun in the following configuration:

-9Ball 6.03mm Tightbore (112mm)

+ PDI 7 inch 6.01mm Tightbore

+ PDI Threaded Adapter

+ G&G SS-100

when I need a more powerful skirmish primary (I always go pistols only).

To finish a little Photoshop fun...

tmhicapainfinitybluepsddr3.jpg

Thanks

The only reason that I use a silencer is to cheaply cover the 7 inch PDI for skirmishing. I don't like how it looks at all which is why I don't often use it (and don't take pictures with it :) ).

I intend to use this pistol as a secondary after my TunerGuy Hi-Capa shows up so I want to keep it a little shorter. I will probably just end up buying a 5 inch PDI for this gun.

I am quite fond of the look of the PDI J.B. Comp Set so it may very well end up on my TG Hi-Capa which will be my primary.

Do you have a recommendation for a compensator that would work well with this setup?

@hkssr20det: The mag well is courtesy of black Krylon. It really didn't take that much time to do but getting the paint into all the little grooves was a bit of a pain.

@r.ocelot: Thanks for the link. I really like the look of that and it is reasonably price to boot. I think I feel an x-fire order coming on.

Unfortunately it isn't. By my calculations 7 inches would be about 177mm. The PDI "7 inch" barrel is only ~163mm long. I guess that it just a name rather than an actual measurement.

If I'm not mistaken 9Ball makes a 163mm barrel to so I guess that the PDI being 163mm does kinda make sense.

On another note: Has anyone actually seen a 7 inch 6.01 PDI in stock anywhere? I have been looking for quite some time and am starting to wonder if they are discontinued or something. I even checked the X-Fire/PDI Pro shot site and they don't even offer it anymore.

Edited by Romulus

Does that work well for you? Would you recommend it?

I am currently in search of a second 7 inch PDI for my Hi-Capa that's in the mail but they seem to be out of stock/production. You are the only person that I have seen using one of the 9Ball barrels of that length. It would be interesting to get chrono readings from both (since they appear to be the same length) and see how much difference the .02mm makes.

Im very happy with the performance of the 9ball barrel. Shoots very accurately and with plenty of power. I need to chrono it though.

Im sure you would see some power increase from the .02mm as well as accuracy. When I had my custom 300mm KSC Glock inner barrels one was standard AEG bore and one was a Systema tightbore (.03mm IIRC). There was def a noticeable difference in accuracy but from my chrono readings the power was actually very very close and not consistently higher using the tightbore...but that was in the 500+ fps zone and reaching the limits of power with extended barrels.

Does that work well for you? Would you recommend it?

I am currently in search of a second 7 inch PDI for my Hi-Capa that's in the mail but they seem to be out of stock/production. You are the only person that I have seen using one of the 9Ball barrels of that length. It would be interesting to get chrono readings from both (since they appear to be the same length) and see how much difference the .02mm makes.

Some guy on ASF had run tests with his Nine Ball and I duplicated them with my PDI (when I had it). Averaged over an entire mag, the PDI was only a few fps higher, but the upper limit was over 15 fps higher. Sounds to me like there were testing irregularities on one of our sides.

I have been searching for one for awhile now, but they are mostly out of stock everywhere right now. I have heard that X-Fire had them in stock (but not listed anywhere) a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the info.

I just ordered some stuff from X-Fire and looked all around their site for a 7 inch 6.01 but it appears that they only do them in 6.05. Even the 6 inch 6.01's were out of stock.

Looks like I may have to get a 7 inch 9Ball barrel for my new Hi-Capa. Good news is that they are cheaper than the PDI's.

As for power, I am pretty well set since I actually skirmish with my guns. My end goal is a get my Hi-Capas running between 330-350 on KSC .30g BB's. As far as accuracy goes I will do anything end everything to tweak my guns for a bit more performance/consistency.

I am also hoping to run some serious barrel tests for both accuracy and power in the next few weeks. So far I have a 9Ball 6.03 (112mm), PDI 6.01 (163mm), Stock 4.3 (95mm), Stock 5.1 (112mm), and a PDI 6.01 (112mm) to work with. With any luck testing these will give me a good baseline for finding the barrel with the best performance. If anyone has a suggestion on how I could do this better let me know.

this is sorta interrim for my Hi-Capa though, when I got some time and money on my hand I want to get a rail frame(either the regular Gov. length Freedom art or the Kimber-ish type), and get the bushing outerbarrel kit and make a custom stainless barrel that fits the SD chamber that I have with a threaded end to fie the silencer adapter that the SAS kit uses, thus do away with the SAS kit....