• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the comments, MC does work well in arid areas but

it does seem to work everywhere, thats what makes it special,

you dont need loads of camo kit for different enviroments, just one.

This picture shows it just as well in more greener areas also, you just

need to use the shadow in you favour.

IMG_1169.jpg

27463_DSCF1154.jpg

DO NOT BUY FROM ICE TACTICAL!

They have gone completely off the radar. I got my MC BDU's from them in June with no problems. Since about August they haven't replied to anyones emails and still have £200+ of my friends money without shipping him his stuff. This is the case with lots of other people aswell. You've been warned ;) In fact, you'll be extremely lucky if you even get a reply to any email you send.

Wow... and they have some nice looking stuff too. That MC Battle Belt and ACU Direct Action Shirt are especially nice. Shame.

From ICE Tactical's site:

MADE TO ORDER

ICE products are made to order and you will be notified by e-mail when your order has shipped. Contact us for approximate delivery times. Due to a large volume of orders, current delivery is running at about 8 weeks.

I like how they accept Paypal... but their expected delivery time is 8 weeks. Which makes it just outside of the allowed amount of time that you can file a dispute with Paypal and therefore you'd be SOL in getting your money back. The same thing happened to me with this company: Recce Gear. Took my $$ and after the amount of time I had to dispute the transaction, never returned my emails. :angry:

Hypothetically... you could buy from ICE Tactical, and just before the 45 days (or whatever amount of time Paypal gives you) file a dispute. That will give them a specific amount of time to get the product out to you otherwise you get your money back.

Back on topic... Don't think I've shown these pics before, so here's me a few months back. Appologies for the craptacular pics. The whole setup has changed a bit as I alter and refine it.

multicamuscmcorpsyv2.jpg

Newer... and much better pics soon. <_<

Those HSGI tags on your subloads look quite funny from behind. Like cat eyes, but *albatross* eyes :P

:lol: True... true.

The M4 pouches are from DiamondBack Tactical (BattleLab M4/M16 Single Mag).

Can't recall which pistol pouches I'm using. I've got several different types from various manufacturers.

The small pouch on the chest (next to the pistol pouches) is from Tactical Tailor and is their Strobe/Compass Pouch.

The chest rig is a BHI Recon Strike Chest Rig (in Khaki), although I have since switched it to a Eagle Industries MOLLE Style Rhodesian Recon Vest in Multicam which my BHI chest rig was a copy of.

For longer days of gaming I typically use a Eagle Ind. CIRAS in multicam. Just helps support the weight a bit better although it does get a little hot after a few hours.

FYI, DiamondBack Tactical is an awesome US based company selling great products. The only drawback being that the average wait time is 10 weeks for anything in Multicam and even then you're not guaranteed the item will ship. Basically, they wait till they have enough back-orders in for a particular item as Multicam still isn't that popular in Military sales to keep a supply of it in stock. That being said, the products are great, and I buy from them often. Any other color they should have plenty of stock in.

The chest rig is a BHI Recon Strike Chest Rig (in Khaki), although I have since switched it to a Eagle Industries MOLLE Style Rhodesian Recon Vest in Multicam which my BHI chest rig was a copy of.

At the moment I have a Khaki Eagle PC w/c which I use with MC/MARPAT/ACU. I'm looking to start an MC rig, and was thinking of an Eagle RRV. But to be honest I am going to cover it in MC pouches anyway so I might aswell get the BHI one. Or are there any differences I'm not aware of?

Are those Combat pants, or did you make them yourself?

I want Combats So fuggin bad

Crye Combat... direct from Crye. I think they're out of stock now. I know the sales rep there quite well. Apparently they're actually quite a small business, not a huge manufacturing company spitting these out. So their production runs typically sell out a few weeks after they're available as they don't produce that much beyond that which is made for large volume contracts. They sometimes have some stock left but those are usually odd sizes (i.e. extremes in the sizing range).

I have a new spare set of medium Crye Combat Shirt and Pants in Medium that I was going to sell. Might throw those on Ebay as they're pretty hard to come by nowadays. Also, when Crye re-releases the Combat BDUs, they'll be in Ripstop, so these all Cotton Crye Combat BDUs will be even more rare. :)

At the moment I have a Khaki Eagle PC w/c which I use with MC/MARPAT/ACU. I'm looking to start an MC rig, and was thinking of an Eagle RRV. But to be honest I am going to cover it in MC pouches anyway so I might aswell get the BHI one. Or are there any differences I'm not aware of?

Personally, I prefer Eagle over BHI. IMHO Eagle's got better overall quality, and stitching. It just feels like more care was put into them. But then again... the price reflects this. Then again, BHI is still made for actual combat conditions, so it's not like it'll fall apart on you (at least I hope it doesn't).

I bought my Eagle RRV in Multicam from OPTactical.com (link included). I purchased it around 7 months ago, and they still had plenty in stock. Your best bet is to call or email and ask if they still have stock. I think they just commisioned the one production run of 20 pieces (probably less) from Eagle, and that's it. My one complaint about both the BHI version of the RRV, and the original version of the RRV by Eagle is the lack of ability to tighten the rig once you've got it on. It's the same reason why I'm not a fan of the HSGI Wasatch and Weesatch (I own a Weesatch in MC). This problem is especially evident with the Wa/Weesatch vests because when you pull out mags, from the vest, the vest ends up getting less snug. On the RRV, because all the clips are on your back, it's kind of hard to tighten the straps much once you've got it on. That's not to say the vest ends up being loose... but I like my vests tight!

Chas, over at MilitaryMorons.com has a good fix for the RRV, but it requires modifying the rear straps and some people might not be comfortable doing it.

OPTactical is another online retailer that I frequently buy from. They don't produce their own product, but instead are a retailer. The reason why I love 'em is that they have probably the biggest variety of different tactical manufacturers, and they prices are almost as low as BoTach Tactical (in some case lower), except instead of having to wait weeks/months for Botach to ship a product, OPTactical will ship the item the same day (if you get it in before 1pm EST), or at the latest the next day. They have great customer service, but they don't regularly update what's in stock so I recommend calling/emailing and asking.