My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Same here, and if she came home and said "oh, I got chatted up tonight" I wouldn't be thinking that something may have gone on, more that "yes, she is fit, it doesn't surprise me"! Flattered in a way I suppose :)

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you see I didn't mention that aspect as it didn't apply. I was mentioning intention not how it could go. I've had numerous people say to me drunken men take no very badly. All the 'I was only having a laugh' excuse comes out. If you get a no, move on and respect the person (be it a man or woman, doesn't matter if they're married or not, or even if they're with someone or single).

I wasn't trying to say all women who are married are easy targets (or even worse "Hey, don't talk to ma woman fella, she's mine *albartroth*". I was saying have some morals and go; narr married, leave them to their drink (be it man/woman). It is funny how if you don't cover every aspect, you can land your self in trouble.

Chat my wife up all you want, doesn't bother me either way (no confidence boost or ego extension), but if anyone tells you to leave them alone, don't be a *rickroll* about it. That's what I was getting at, with this post. No means no and Robin Thicke just got the wrong end of the stick.

Well.

The wife was meant to pick me up from work yesterday (my bike is fubar) after she went to butlins with the child creature for the day. I finished at 5, she was going to leave at 4, it's about 40 minutes away. Easy eh?

Of course not! I call her when I get off to find out where she's parked, "ive not left yet"...

So I walk home 40 minutes, to see a phone bill on the doorstep. A £59 pound phone bill, the contract is for £16!!

And that's not all, my lovely cat greeted me by vomiting all over the house!

*fruitcage*

Simple, kill the cat.

WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!

Then get a dog.

As for the chatting up of married people, I share most points expressed. It is not a bad thing if you approach someone and they point it out to you, it is just when they flatly deny it and it leads to complications. But then who would be to blame if the person chatting someone up was never told and saw no ring (as it was taken off), if you ask and you get a 'no' with no evidence can that person really be blamed for someone elses deceit?

And no before anyone asks, no I have not been in this situation, surprisingly :P. Plus I am a tad too focussed on actually just getting a girlfirend that is like me while avoiding those that are married (as it is wrong) or those with kids (as I am not going to raise someone elses children). So far it might be going well with one person and I really, for once, don't want to cock it up.

'FireKnife'

Just got off the phone to my insurance company. To change the address on my policy (which has 3 and a half months left) they want an extra £96 + admin fees out of me, claiming "its the risk level of the property"

It was previously front garden parking in an area that had 4 bike thefts in the year i was there (2 of them being my girlfriends bike) moving to a really nice quiet cul-de-sac street with a garage.

A quick quote search reveals another 5 companies that would insure me for a whole damn year for £66.

Do they honestly think I'm stupid?

Did you notify them before you moved, as then they might charge you a penalty fee (if there is such a thing). But I bet if you argue with them they'll eventually back down. It is a scumbag thing to do on their behalf though. As you do get people who would go 'yeah, okay then have your blood money'.

There is no option to charge a penalty fee.

If they ask you to pay and you explain that you can get it for cheaper then either they will waive it or say 'sod off', in which case you could just simply renew with someone else?

Saying that I am sure many people put down that they live at an old address that was much cheaper in the same way that younger drivers are adding parents to their policy as the NCD and experience their parents have drops it even further.

It doesn't help that it is so bloody expensive and that people are always finding ways to make it cheaper, in some cases just so they can afford it.

'FireKnife'

Then they're Definitly trying to fiddle you out of some money. Like I said, scumbags.

With some insurance companies, if you don't tell them about your change in circumstances, you void your insurance, and can pay a penalty fee (not sure on its legal definition but it's to do with lying).

I must admit for the last three years I have been with the same company as they have given me the same rate as the next place but are all of £5 dearer.

Now when I am still paying £400 a year for insurance that £5 to remove some of the hassle is fine.

However as soon as I go down to more like £200 I will only stay with a company if they give me the cheapest or match the cheapest price I can get.

'FireKnife'

Lass has a friend with benefits, been like that for about two months.

Now, I kinda want to let her know I like her as more than a friend (I reckon she might know anyway but can't be sure) but I don't want to upset the current friendship or her to think I'm only being friendly to try and *fruitcage* her.

WAT DO MIGHTY INTERNETZ? I am terrible with dating anyway. >.<

Do it, tell her.

You have to tell her and see how it goes. Life should be about taking chances and if you don't you will never know.

If she says yes, all is awesome.

If she says no well that is one down out of a probable and possible few hundred thousand girls you could be with instead, try looking at them instead :P.

'FireKnife'

Yeah, just tell her.

You are dissatisfied with the relationship, worst case scenario she says no and doesn't want to see you again, that might not be permanent anyway.

Best case you get what you want.

You can always make more friends.

Any analysis of the situation results in you putting the moves on being the logical choice.

I have a feeling that those servueys go to a check bot and if it finds works like 'poor', 'pathetic', idiotic' and the like it immediately trashes them.

That must be how Kwik Fit have a 98% customer satisfaction rating. :P

'FireKnife'

Archived