My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

So, let me get this straight, the thing that holds the golf clubs, moves by itself? How frigging lazy is that. What next, a football that moves by its self?

Parcel was delivered to my neighbours (well, handed to them), because I wasn't in. . I've been in all day and no-ones knocked or left a card saying they called. My neighbour said the bloke just asked if he'd take the parcel, then got in his van and drove off.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, let me get this straight, the thing that holds the golf clubs, moves by itself? How frigging lazy is that. What next, a football that moves by its self?

Yep. It's not like golf clubs are heavy, less so when they're on wheels. But even so, we sell thousands of these things a year because people are just that lazy.

I remember a few years back when a group of customers actually crashed both their carts into a pond, got out of their carts and continued to play, for another 18 holes.  Never bothered to call the pro shop or alert anyone, we just happened to have a ranger see it.

I think I see 3, maybe 5 people actually walk a round per week.  Everyone, from the 20-something douchebags to the "takes two seats for themselves crazy rich people" demands to use a golf cart.

I can understand if you have a health issue or a disability, but when you look healthier than me, I would think you would not want to waste money on a cart, since you can usually out walk the bloody things.

Eh, keeps me busy.

I've just had a call come in to work, I spoke to him on Saturday as well, he proceeded to get all annoyed that I asked him for his details again.

I take about 100 calls a day, and I'm meant to remember account details from someone I spoke to last week.....

So, I found the slip when I got home. But it wasn't a slip from the post office - no, for some strange reason it's GLS that delivers signed-for Royal Mail parcels over here. The Goddamn Lazy Sod responsible for delivering my parcel scribbled his phone number in such a way that the last 2 looked like a 7 (making it into a number that doesn't exist), forcing me to call the GLS helpline, then the branch office in Warsaw, then the courier, and wait an hour and a half while he merrily did his business a street away. AAAARGH.

Hail. 
20 minutes of hail storm and pouring rain and half the city was flooded thousand of cars damaged, mine included. I've got a cracked windscreen, damaged hood and roof and a broken tail light.
10499342_10203549078343320_5294471777487

10517261_10203549080143365_8925697080364

And this was the street just outside my apartment

10514412_10203549155905259_4685590777594

A couple more
1404831472_7_559x*.jpg

1404834362_7_559x*.jpg

20140708_6974ce5ac660610b44d9b9fed0ff954

All the telephone lines of reapair shops including some in towns 150 km. from here have been busy since morning and the one I went to had more than one hundred people waiting outside. Around my office each forth car cad a broken or cracked window and there were almost none without any dents so I guess the situation isn't going to get better in the next couple of weeks.

Wow, what confuses me more is the nice looking sunshine in the first few pictures you took. How can a day like that have such weather?

Stupid nature.

'FireKnife'

Yeah it was sunny all day and around 30 degrees C, than at about 5 PM everything went dark, than came the storm and half an hour later it was sunny again and close to 30. 

Yeah it was sunny all day and around 30 degrees C, than at about 5 PM everything went dark, than came the storm and half an hour later it was sunny again and close to 30. 

Hey, it was the same here too (I even posted a photo to FB, captioned "Now, let's pour it before we snore it"), but all we got was a bit of pissy rain and then unbearable heat again.

That, and mental note to self: if you need anything grounded in a circuit, make it so, and preferably through a *fruitcage*-off huge resistor, a small capacitor or a diode. My test circuit went bonkers today and only by trial and error I determined that the clock stop pin on the 4017 chip wasn't properly grounded, causing everything to go haywire.

So it turns out I needed a couple of MOSFETs in my project. Good that they aren't to be used for overly large currents, so I could buy a pack of ten for three kopecks. That means I have to put the soldering on hold for a couple of days.

Also, I'm sleepy and I can't stash my leftover Coke in the company fridge, because the room where they keep the fridge is locked.

Arrrggggh.  Car's gearbox decided to kill itself.  Not what I need.  And on a slightly less important note.  Towels that are too fluffy.  Yes, too fluffy.  They're just not absorbent and a waste of time.

I have just had one of the few moments I hate being single.

They are rare but getting more frequent. Perhaps now that I am of the age where I have to look at ring fingers and not IDs I really should actually try at least one functioning relationship.

Or am I insane?

'FireKnife'

They are rare but getting more frequent. Perhaps now that I am of the age where I have to look at ring fingers and not IDs I really should actually try at least one functioning relationship.

Or am I insane?

'FireKnife'

Awww, our little FireKnife is growing up. ;)

Or am I insane?

'FireKnife'

Ah, si jeunesse savait, si vieillesse pouvait...

Archived