My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Buy something that you know you can tinker with and try to make better. Keeps you optimistic. Having your life too regimental makes you strict and more like to get grumpy at the slightest thing.

Or blow up a fridge, or what ever helps to relieve the sense of confinement.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just spent the evening in my local minor injuries/walk in centre and by god some people are really ungrateful for the NHS. If it wasn't people complaining about the wait it was "I was here before them, why are they going in first?" Perhaps they're in a worse state than you, or have already been seen by the nurse and we're then going in to see the GP. It's a good thing I don't work for the NHS as I would be bumping people like that so far back down the queue they would be there all week

Buy something that you know you can tinker with and try to make better. Keeps you optimistic. Having your life too regimental makes you strict and more like to get grumpy at the slightest thing.

Or blow up a fridge, or what ever helps to relieve the sense of confinement.

Cheers, I was just grumbling really.

Life is rather good at the moment, promise!

I just spent the evening in my local minor injuries/walk in centre and by god some people are really ungrateful for the NHS. If it wasn't people complaining about the wait it was "I was here before them, why are they going in first?" Perhaps they're in a worse state than you, or have already been seen by the nurse and we're then going in to see the GP. It's a good thing I don't work for the NHS as I would be bumping people like that so far back down the queue they would be there all week

People are idiots and will never understand triage. Especially when they are there for something they can see a GP for.

Problem is, most GP surgeries dont make appointments anymore so you have to be up at the crack of dawn and hit the phones hard like your an x-factor contestant's mother just to get to see one.

So all the people that didn't get to see the GP, end up at the after hours walk-in.

Half 9 and already I have customers exaggerating the importance of their need over everyone else's.

A customer legitimately just said to me "I can't run without my treadmill, it's my lifeline".

Unless he's nocturnal and has an ankle tag, he'll have to run on that old fashioned thing called "outside" for a while.

I woke up to leave from my girlfriends house today, to find I've been locked in by her housemate, who has locked the deadlock and walked off leaving my trapped inside. There's no rear access except for a 15ft wall, and a 1st story drop onto a fence made of spears. Looks like a day in then!

I woke up to leave from my girlfriends house today, to find I've been locked in by her housemate, who has locked the deadlock and walked off leaving my trapped inside. There's no rear access except for a 15ft wall, and a 1st story drop onto a fence made of spears. Looks like a day in then!

*fruitcage* deadlocks. I ended up in this exact situation two weeks ago, in a 3rd floor flat.

And what does fire safety say about those things?!

Jump out the window, take the hit brah, you'll be alright.

Darkchild

But I don't like my job...

*fruitcage* deadlocks. I ended up in this exact situation two weeks ago, in a 3rd floor flat.

And what does fire safety say about those things?!

Tell me about it. This isn't the first time, but it's the first time I've been stranded here with no way out. Usually one of the girls is in and I can borrow their key, but 2 are on holiday and two are at work! On the 3rd date with my woman we ended up staying at mine because it was past midnight so they'd have locked the door and out the little button down that prevents people with keys getting in. I swear those are an even worse invention

Why does that little button exist and what kind of brain dead *fruitcage*tard would use it when they live with other people!!!!!

People are stupid self centred *Ubarflock*.

As for the out of hours thing when the boy got rushed into a&e It blew my mind hearing what he saw. His prescribed drugs taking 8 hours to get to the ward from the pharmacy.

When he asked for painkillers on the first ward he was dropped off at they took 2 hours to do it because the nurses were arguing with a drunk who kept ripping his drip out because he wanted to go home.

Some of the people in the a&e were there for stupid reasons and needlessly delaying people who are having serious issues.

The staff he dealt with on the wards were great but the staff in A&e were rude and didn't seem to give a toss about patient care at all. Barking orders, talking to patients like they are children and just fobbing people off.

While waiting for an xray sat on a trolley about 5 yards from the bay he was left in he went back to the bay because he felt like he was going to puke and thought it would be better to puke in a sink than all over the floor and the trolley since there was nobody around to ask for a bowl and when he had tried to get someone's attention rather than being listened to he just got told 'you'll be seen shortly' or 'the doctor is coming'. All that got him was being physically dragged back to the trolley and lectured like a child.

I understand it's a difficult job and they will see stupid things and people using A&e who should really be seeing their GP or an out of hours team but.... If it's left you so cynical and jaded that you don't give a flying *fruitcage* about patient care and can't be polite to people you should really rethink your job choices.

Problem is, most GP surgeries dont make appointments anymore so you have to be up at the crack of dawn and hit the phones hard like your an x-factor contestant's mother just to get to see one.

So all the people that didn't get to see the GP, end up at the after hours walk-in.

we must be lucky. If it's urgent we can call at 0830 when they open and be seen usually before 1100. An appointment is usually 3-4 days too (they only really do appointmwnts). My last one was the same too, both serving over 10000 patients :)

The turn around for a gp practice use to be 40 minutes (max). After they started becoming surgeries and health centres, it all became a bit more rigid with appointments needed to be booked before you arrived.

Personally, I liked it the old way. You were sick, you waited in the doctors to be seen (no matter what time of day). To register at my local surgery I had to bring with me a utility bill to prove who I was (due to having to pay for my medication). Which is odd, you pay then they give you the medication (at the pharmacy). Never had, or wanted, a credit line at a pharmacy.

To keep an even balance, the staff are generally helpful and also apologetic (after asking for a utility bill, which is absurd).

You must be lucky. My GP couldn't give me an appointment till next Tuesday, hence the trip to the out of hours clinic. As for the hospital it is in, thank whatever bearded cloud dweller you want they're knocking it down and rebuilding. I went to A&E 4 years ago with a broken arm and highlights of the doctor's stupidity included trying to take a pulse with her thumb and telling the nurse who was putting the cast on that it was my leg that was broken. Then we get to the maternity ward. When my son was born the other half was put on painkillers usually given to women who've had a c section and are known to have side effects including anxiety and paranoia. They then decide to keep her in for a few days insinuating she would be a *suitcase* mum as she was paranoid and anxious. Luckily the community midwife saw what was happening, gave them a proper chewing out and made sure she and the boy were discharged there and then

I think I'm turning into victor meldrew.

Should probably smoke my next cannabis seizure instead of putting it into evidence.

Why, that is a very good idea.

Also, I sense an incoming storm. And that means a massive *fruitcage* headache. To say nothing of jungle weather after the storm that broke out at 4AM.

One of my idiot neighbours is always feeding the the massive swarm of Red Kites around here.  They are so bloody noisy and *suitcase* all over the place.

Throw the *suitcase* in his garden.

When you get caught, explain that if he wants to feed them as his pets, he can deal with their *suitcase*.

Archived