My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Christ don't take that personally. My "logic" wasn't based on how many terrorist attacks a city has had... Belgium has the highest number of foreign fighters in Syria per capita (edit: in Europe)  Europe's most wanted man was hiding there for how many months and was only caught after someone reported a suspiciously large pizza order! I don't care about being "sensitive" - I'll call it as I see it, thanks. 

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's calm the *fruitcage* down, shall we, people?

What ###### me off is how quickly all the "pray for Brussels" posts turned up.

Hey, dumb*fruitcage*s! Religion is what's *behind* these terrorists! Your *fruitcage* prayers are part of the *fruitcage* problem...

All three Abrahamic religions are worshipping the same god.

All of the think the others are doing it wrong. Each one thinks the others are wasting their time.

In fact, they're ALL wrong, and ALL wasting their time.

We'd be 1000 years more advanced without religion.

Plenty of wars started without religion driving them, but we do love to blame something that we're not part of to feel safe, more intelligent. I know plenty of people, on both sides of the fence (atheist and religious, not many agnostics though), and both have an equal share of idiots.

The attacks today are horrible. Committed by people who want to kill. For every religious terrorist there are a hundred who arnt.

Take our hobby, no ten airsofters are the same. But you can get the occasional *beep*, does that make all airsofters pricks?

Or telling people who they can or can't marry...

Or what they can or can't do in the bedroom...

Or that girls can't go to school...

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Without religion, good people will still do good and bad people would still be bad... But to get good people to do bad things, nothing works better then saying "God wills it!"

When did I say that?

Religion makes an extremely convenient recruiting and motivational tool for such things, though.

Harder to convince someone to strap a bomb to himself if he doesn't think there's a reward waiting for him in "Paradise"

Most terrorist groups are outwardly religious - in fact no atheist groups cone to mind (no, communists don't count - their ideology is essentially religious) - and without this sort of belief system, it would be harder for terrorists to polarise populations and create the conditions they thrive on.

There was a terrorist cell in Germany that weren't driven by religion but by ideology. Also, communism isn't a religion, as it's about politics and not where we come from, going to.

Though, this is going on a bit and I'm putting the fuel in. It's a tragic day and the focus should be on the victims and justice for said victims.

Not really. So you two both think that without religion there would be no terrorists?

Fat chance. Plenty of terrorists who arnt religious. I mean, this kind of thinking is what sells the Daily Mail.

Religion is the pretext for terrorism that is hardest to stamp out. There's no reasonable course of action to undermine it, no grievance to address. It's just a bunch of gullible, testosterone-laden yoofs guided by cynical hate preachers longing for non-existent times and insane, totalitarian vision based on medieval (or older) fables, in which they're on top with unlimited power in hand.

Also, I'm getting sent to Brussels for training in three weeks. I'm gonna be antsy as *fruitcage*.

*fruitcage* Windows 10, Firaxis, 2K and AMD.

For some reason, after "upgrading" to Windows 10 XCOM 2 runs like absolute garbage,

I am away from home right now so I cannot do anything about it.

The recommended fix is to delete the local files and reinstall.

I am on Army internet and that will take 20 hours - no *suitcase*.

The other option is to install Linux on my gaming PC and play on that.  I'd have to download the game again though - 20 hours.

I could roll back to Win 7.

20 hours.

Balls.

What is it with so many people being completely oblivious to emergency vehicles? Heard an ambulance coming a mile off even with music on.  Coming towards me sirens and lights blaring away.  Dozy woman in it's way nearly got rear ended at high speed.  How these people get drivers licences I will never know.

What is it with so many people being completely oblivious to emergency vehicles? Heard an ambulance coming a mile off even with music on.  Coming towards me sirens and lights blaring away.  Dozy woman in it's way nearly got rear ended at high speed.  How these people get drivers licences I will never know.

You'd be surprised how many people fail to register them, especially at night when all you can notice is a sea of blue lights for *bramston pickle* miles...

Archived