My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Giffgaff.

I'm paying less than £10 per month for my tariff, and can change every 30 days or buy a new tariff early if I run out of minutes/data.

4G as standard.

And they offer handsets now.

If you're interested, use my link to get £5 free credit:

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/hedganian

Also, you can get phone insurance for way less than £10 per month - I use Switched On Insurance.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What type of set do you want, and what's your budget?

If you want a smartphone, get a OnePlus.

https://oneplus.net/uk

They now have the One, the Two and the X.

I've got the One, and it's great. The Two is better (obviously) but supposedly the people who upgraded from One to Two weren't as happy as they could have been - it wasn't "better enough" to be worth the extra money, apparently. The X is smaller and slightly cheaper, but also newer.

If you're not bothered about not having an Apple/Samsung, e.t.c. I would take a look at the One Plus X.  A lot of phone for the money and is pretty cheap.  Can be had cheaper from Banggood e.t.c. Or you could go full blown China smartphone.  Some nice little handsets being churned out by China these days.

Buying out right and then sim only/PAYG is the way to go if you can imo.  Mobile providers come across so surprised when you tell them no way will you sign a 24 month contract, which by they way they are allowed to increase the price of each year.  Unless you get a killer contract deal, it's so much easier to be flexible with a 30 day rolling sim.

I'm after something that will make calls send texts and go online so it doesn't have to be a top of the range model with all the bells and whistles. My main issues are battery life and not breaking from just being picked up. Budget wise Im not sure yet as I'm still weighing up my options

If you can wait a month or so I'm due an upgrade/new contract and il be getting shot of my S5. It's a bit battered (just niggle things like that stupid bloody rubber door for the charger) and il send it with the aftermarket wireless charging doodad.

I'm just about to transfer onto my dad's company contract thank god il be shut of EE and their data service.

Waiting for SideStrafe to upload his Coop play of The Division.

His channels motto is " streaming with standards " or something like that.

And it seems to be true!

Another one is Gopher, a bit too cautious and slow, keeps repeating things.... but at least he thinks things trough.

Seriously, it seems all other walktrough/let's plays are all  young hipsters rushing is screaming things like ' in yoooo faaace, nigga! ' or ' daayyuuuuuum '.

I wish for a decent well thought let's play with commentary, not a 19 year old gangster COD commentator wannabe.

P'rhaps I'm just getting old... :(

Why is it so hard to find sheets of DE adhesive backed velcro?

Spent a good while searching as I was going to use my set of gen Ops Core velcro to make a template to cut some velcro for my ABS helmet so I can save the real deal for something nicer. But found a set of FMA stuff for a fiver in the end anyway.

Well that's interesting. I managed to gran my genuine set for $25 posted.

My pet peeve right now? British summertime begins next week. My pub's last orders is 3AM and they're not done with the close until 4AM. When the clocks change we don't alter the duration of our opening times so when I get into work next week I'll be in at last orders, trying to sort an open for a pub where they've not even closed it.

The worst thing will be getting up though. I wake up at 1:55 AM. And now I'm stressing trying to work out if I need to adjust anything to make sure I'm on time for my shift. Was bad enough when they went back and I was trying to work out if I had another hour to sleep or if my phone had adjusted for the stupid time difference.

Dear farmers, I love the work you do but did you have to *fruitcage* with the clocks?

The "logic" behind "daylight savings time" has always seemed spurious to me, even more so in our modern 24 hour society.

If you work in a job where things have to be done at a certain time, you get up and do them whether it's light or dark.

If you need daylight for a particular task, you get up and do it regardless of what the clock says.

It's long overdue for removal. Stay on GMT all year.

Go and shoot some guns, wave a US flag, ride in a monster truck, eat some BBQ, watch some wrestling and drink some light beer.  I'm pretty sure that's what Americans do to cheer themselves up.

Archived