My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got any pets?  Get a dog or a cat.  Does wonders for those down in the dumps I hear.  Or do dog/cat fostering if you don't want a long term commitment.  Gets you out of the house on walks e.t.c. Though you might look a bit weird walking a cat on a lead ha ha.

Not going to lie though, when you take the dog out 3 times within an hour because it seems to constantly need to go, you start going mad.

Honestly, just pick something to do and do it.  I have to find ways of not going off every day, and it's only mind numbing when you lack the capacity to do things.

There is no (decent) emulator for the Xbox 360 yet.

I mean really. It was launched over a decade ago. It's a triple core (wat) 3.2Ghz CPU, 512mb of GDDR3 running at 700Mhz for the RAM, and the GPU was clocking at 900Mhz.

There is literally no reason why I shouldn't be able to emulate that on my PC. Why?

All I want to do is play gears of war 3.

Narp, just the first one. Not the second either.

It's a real shame because it's the most thorough universe I've encountered throughout all the vidyo games I've played. The 5 novels (written by the amazing Karen Traviss) are truly incredible works in their own right. The continutiy between them and the games (first two, at least) is 100%, and the game universe is expanded so much through them that they should be read by anyone that enjoyed the games.

The back story of Dom and Maria Santiago, Marcus and his father, and Hoffman and Mataki is properly explored, not just token things, which is how most of the Halo books turned out (and they Halo: Reach. Ugh.)

Was just reading Anvil Gate again and realised I'd never actually played GoW 3, which is a real shame, especially with GoW 4 coming out soon.

I bought the UE of GoW on Xbox One, and got digital versions of 1-4 on the XB360 backwards compatibility thing.

No extra charge.

Since the XB1 pretty much runs Windows 8/10 or something close, if they can make a 360 emulator which runs on it, they could make it run on Windows.

The only reason I got a console at all is that my gaming PC broke a while ago and I lack money to repair/replace it and now my house is too small for a gaming PC centre anyway.

They're better than I thought they'd be.

The new Xbox One Elite claims to have a 1Tb SSD drive (I assume they mean a hybrid drive) and comes with the Elite controller. Average price seems to be about £400, which is pretty good considering the elite controller's rrp is £120 and a 500gb XB1 is still going for £250 or so.

Naturally, I want to upgrade, but can't justify the extra cost.

Yeah but I only want to play the gears of war games. Thats it.

I couldn't care less about halo (Not after Reach, anyway), never liked COD, enjoyed battlefield a while back on PC (BF2 yoooooooo) but the entire DLC fervour that is swamping everything makes me want to not bother.

I'd play Forza but for actual driving, Project Cars does it a hell of a lot better (with a decent wheel/pedal combo) Space is covered by Elite: Dangerous (SPACE TRUCK SIMULATOR YEAAAAAAAH)

Seriously, I need to like, rent an X360 for a weekend to play through GoW3 to get that closure on the storyline (and then again when 4 comes out).

I mean really. It was launched over a decade ago. It's a triple core (wat) 3.2Ghz CPU, 512mb of GDDR3 running at 700Mhz for the RAM, and the GPU was clocking at 900Mhz.

There is literally no reason why I shouldn't be able to emulate that on my PC. Why?

There is every reason why you shouldn't be able to emulate that. Console specs are completely irrelevant - despite being lower than the specs on your PC, emulation typically requires resources that far exceed the original console specs.

This is because the CPU architectures of a PC/Console don't match, so you essentially have to add a program in which translates the instruction interpreter of the console over to one that the PC can recognise as well. Because of this, emulators are extremely processor intensive. This is complicated further by the fact you'll typically be running this software through Windows/Linux/etc (i.e. more software) instead of running on the hardware directly.

IIRC to perfectly emulate a SNES you need a ~3GHZ processor, despite the SNES shipping with 22Mhz

E: found an article http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

There is every reason why you shouldn't be able to emulate that. Console specs are completely irrelevant - despite being lower than the specs on your PC, emulation typically requires resources that far exceed the original console specs.

This is because the CPU architectures of a PC/Console don't match, so you essentially have to add a program in which translates the instruction interpreter of the console over to one that the PC can recognise as well. Because of this, emulators are extremely processor intensive. This is complicated further by the fact you'll typically be running this software through Windows/Linux/etc (i.e. more software) instead of running on the hardware directly.

IIRC to perfectly emulate a SNES you need a ~3GHZ processor, despite the SNES shipping with 22Mhz

E: found an article http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

I get that, but with octo-cores now running at a steady 4ish Ghz, (moar if you overclock) it should'nt be THAT hard, should it? Especially considering X360 architecture is a lot closer to 'normal PC' than the Snes is...

ALL HANDS THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

keep-calm-because-the-end-is-near-3.png

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

yRc4G5j.gif

61916559.jpg

why-god-why.png

4c7fdcb679332230d0b6936e1dfde168.jpg

Archived