My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a little word next to 'MultiQuote' and 'Quote' that says 'Edit'.

PRESS BUTTAN, CHANGE TEXTS.

Next double, triple, or greater than solo post gets the offender a weeks free holiday from Arnies.

Can you make the time-out more than an hour?

Seems a bit short.

Wait, there are some people that can't sew?

Also, general warning.

This is not a threat - this is a statement.

Double posting is not OK. You can edit your own posts to add extra information should you wish.

There's a little word next to 'MultiQuote' and 'Quote' that says 'Edit'.

PRESS BUTTAN, CHANGE TEXTS.

Next double, triple, or greater than solo post gets the offender a weeks free holiday from Arnies.

Soz brah.

Was posting from my phone on mobile version of the forum (its been years since I last used a computer to post), so the multi quote option isn't there for me.

Still, sorry.

Edit time is one thing, and I swear someone posted before I got home and found out the power was out.

Also, my back hurts for some strange reason, as I can't really carry that much and I bought only some bare necessities yesterday. And if I'm supposed to record more video segments like the one above, I'll have to invest in better lightbulbs. Granted, the daylight temperature LEDs go for 2 quid, which is quite a bit, but I bought and tested one yesterday, and I'm quite impressed.

You know that moment when you start to say "If he's not careful, he'll brake th. . .".

Well, yeah. It's been one of those days.

Also, got loads of sweets left, only one group of children knocked tonight (a very polite group of children at that). Got a *suitcase* load of haribo, mars bars, snickers and other sweets left. They're beginning to talk to me (might throw some into a sale for the happy winning bidder).

One of my dearest friends is in a self destructive spiral. He had a bad split with his ex about a month ago and it surfaced that she cheated on him with w colleague (we all work together).

He's been getting wasted every night, was given a week off to clear his head and just used it to get . Then on Tuesday he threw a glass at another really close friend of ours (she's close mates with the guy who the lass cheated with)and they had a massive argument that the doorstaff of the club they were in refused to get involved in.

My heart dropped when she told me this morning, I didn't think he'd lash at her like that, we're almost family.

I don't know how to help him.

Also found a live shotgun shell down my alleyway today..

One of my dearest friends is in a self destructive spiral. He had a bad split with his ex about a month ago and it surfaced that she cheated on him with w colleague (we all work together).

He's been getting wasted every night, was given a week off to clear his head and just used it to get ######. Then on Tuesday he threw a glass at another really close friend of ours (she's close mates with the guy who the lass cheated with)and they had a massive argument that the doorstaff of the club they were in refused to get involved in.

My heart dropped when she told me this morning, I didn't think he'd lash at her like that, we're almost family.

I don't know how to help him.

Also found a live shotgun shell down my alleyway today..

I've been down that road before, lost a lot of friends because of my anger. You can talk to him, but don't expect him to "hear" you. Atleast stay by his side until you can't anymore.

Wish a few good friends were on my side when things got really bad in my life. Kinda had to go it alone in a lot of those situations.

I'm going to be there for him as long as I can but if he continues the way he's going I'm going to have to make a choice. I'm not the sort of friend to cut and run when things get tough.

Both the lass he threw a glass at and I asked him to stop drinking as it's not helping him process his feelings and start to move on, just making him violent. But he was drinking again last night and I'm worried he's going to end up in some alley bleeding out one night.

I know she was going to cut him out of her life if he doesn't stop and I'm trying to work out if that's the right thing for him, maybe he'll realise how much he's hurting those around him (apparently I looked devastated when I was told about the glass incident) and hopefully he'll end up on the right track and they can be friends again but I can still be there for him unless he goes too far.

People.

That's what I mean by "stay by his side until you can't"

Then again, I've never understood why people are shocked when their partner cheats on them. The ratio and statisics of your partner having an affair are fairly high in this digital age, and dating is a dirty buisness, marriage is a nightmare, especially if you have kids.

I've cheated on girlfriends, girlfriends have cheated on me. Every time either way it was at the end when we no longer cared for each other. But I am an heartless sociopath, so, I didn't really care.

Sorry, disagree with marriage is a nightmare. Plus I have kids. Sorry to hear your marriage and children are a knightmare (your words) but not everyone is (I'm assuming you are married and have children seeing as you said it's a nightmare). Also, statistics can easily be manipulated. Most people I know who have lived or are married with someone haven't cheated or been cheated on.

People disagree and can fall out. It happens, but for some it's a lot worse. Never had a terrible relationship or felt the need to hate an ex. Disagreed with an ex but never hated them (thought other things, but never hatred).

We all have different experiences and have different ways with dealing emotionally stressful situations. I would go out and get drunk after I split up with someone or if I was dumped. It allowed me to let off steam by chatting *suitcase* with friends. Though it is true, some people take it to far and don't know when to stop. It's finding the right balance (though getting violent when drunk is a huge no-no, and never excusable).

I'll get off my soap box now.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Please do, and stop projecting. Marriage is a mightmare if you are with the wrong person. Marriage is a nightmare when a wife or husband use kids as leverage in divorce. Marriage is nightmare when you fall in love with someone other than your partner. Marraige is hell when you know your partner is in love with someone other than you.

Guess what, buddy. I've never been married or had kids, but I was a kid to divorced parents that hated each other the last 15 years of their marrige. Glad it worked for you, but it's not for everyone.

No marriage isn't the nightmare, the person is. A relationship can be a nightmare without marriage. Maybe you should get off your soap box.

Edit. I think you mean people are a nightmare. People can be horrible and use anything to thier advantage. Had loads of experience of people using pregnancy or children, as means to control (male or female).

Hey, whatever. No one on here claimed to hate their exes, but he accused me of that. There are other reasons than "I hate people" to why I think marrige is a bad deal, but never did I put someone down for getting engaged or married. As a matter of fact, I think most married people on this board have healthy relationships and are happy.

Maybe I am a negative person, but don't expect me to apologize for my opinions.

Yegads, I'm suffering from an acute case of the Mondays.

Also, I spent the Saturday/Sunday night editing my Destiny 2 videos, and it turned out that the one that required a lot of FX jiggery-pokery (fastforwarding through four failed attempts at clearing a section of main story quest in Destiny 2) not only crashed my video editor, but ended up rendering for an hour after I fired up export and went to sleep at 3AM.

Tw1tch, how's your friend?

He appears to be out of control. He was out last night with a bunch of the work guys. His ex was also there and whenever he was up at the bar she'd come over to talk to the rest and he'd come storming back.

Apparently he then kicked off again at the lass he threw a glass at last week, she seemed pretty shaken up by it again and she's cutting him out for now at least (she's on hols for a week), sort of hope him realising he's losing his closest friends and it helps him stop destroying himself.

To be honest, Tw1tch it sounds like he's getting worse. Completely agree with cannonfodder80. Have a quiet word with your friend and lay it out nice and simple 'grow the *fruitcage* up you big fart'. Or if he's of the sensitive kind, try and say the meaning without the harsh language.

Out of curiosity (and my apologies if you've already said this) was this his first time, as it's coming across like that. I mean first time in a relationship and first time with a woman.

Archived