My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

EFI are short staffed at Camp Bastion. £20k+ tax-free, free accommodation, no food bills, promotion prospects, see the world, help out servicemen and -women who are serving their countries, etc, etc...

Possibly die i think is my reason not to there. As much as i support the people that choose to serve in the armed forces i wouldn't want to join up myself.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a job in Afghan, mate...

EFI are short staffed at Camp Bastion. £20k+ tax-free, free accommodation, no food bills, promotion prospects, see the world, help out servicemen and -women who are serving their countries, etc, etc...

if it wasnt for the mrs Id do that job in a heartbeat.

Camp Bastion is the safest place in Afghanistan. It's FAR behind the lines. Has only had one rocket attack in the last 18 months, and that missed everything important.

The heat is more of a downer, plus the accommodation is a bit basic - although better than I was expecting, to be honest - and if you're not careful you can get a serious case of sunburn. :flamed:

Er..... I don't really know if they'd employ non-British nationals. It might make the security clearance interesting...

Although there are Afghani locals working in the EFI establishments here... So who knows? :unsure:

Just kidding. Why would i mingle with your Brits anyway ... you don't have pretty females after all :D:P

Just kidding. Why would i mingle with your Brits anyway ... you don't have pretty females after all

I beg to differ, even if they ratio is 1 nice to 9 ugly :P

Though if you are looking for an airsofting one you are quite out of luck ;)

'FireKnife'

Well as soon as you said that you found a female version of you, i totally lost faith on finding a pretty britt woman

Actually she doesn't look like me, but shares that same interests and mannerisms as me. But hey i am single, got to get back out there and find someone :P

'FireKnife'

fell off the back of a lorry?

No that is how you get off their 'bus service', i have been on it and that is what it felt lime :P

my new rant double caramal magnums are ######.

Well don't load it in the revolver in the first place ;)

'FireKnife'

Rant:-

Going to the hospital for a scan on my daughters hips to see if she has inherited her mothers displacia (I think thats how you spell it). Wait twentys minutes for the scan, have the can then get told we have to come back monday any way as the consultant isn't in today and it was too late to tell us. We waited 20 minutes. Oh and to rub insult in to injury, they said that her right hip looks a bit off but it might be nothing. Thanks for that, you've now got me and her mother worried when you could have just sent us home as we have to come back monday any way to have a re-scan and see the consultant. What, do they like to worry people?

Mini rant:-

Tried to take it out on my GnP Car15 by removing its gear box, but the damn thing won't come out. *bramston pickle*

What, do they like to worry people?

Like asking 'why is the news all about scaring us?' because you are going to worry and that relies on you putting your trust in the hands of them as they are the professionals. In ever job they do it, like in IT, just tell someone about how a virus might steal their PIN and some will chuck money at you to fix it.

It's all a quest for ratings / money / respect.

Anyway, my rant, why is it that i all the TV shows that i want to watch clash? I watch all of 3 TV shows and a few films and they all clash so i can't record them on Sky so i can watch them back without worrying about adverts because i hate adverts, they don't make me want to buy something, they just fill up valuable time that can be spent watching an actual film or show.

'FireKnife'

Like asking 'why is the news all about scaring us?' because you are going to worry and that relies on you putting your trust in the hands of them as they are the professionals. In ever job they do it, like in IT, just tell someone about how a virus might steal their PIN and some will chuck money at you to fix it.

'FireKnife'

Sorry, got to disagree with that and explain why. The person who told us, had no right to tell us or even carry out the scan without the consultant available to view the scan and see if there was a problem, thats why I'm annoyed. This isn't about a planned scan that needs another, no it isn't. This is casuing unnecessary stress and also is unprofessional. You wouldn't go to a builders and have someone explain to your whats awrong with your house, when they arn't the surveyor.

On the hotmail inbox page (i am sure many of you have seen it) is an advert video for Lynx that basically has Lucy Pinder doing so very un-erotic things. At the end it gives you a fill in the blank reading 'lucy pinder ######-ing will make you prematurely perspire'.

Now i am sorry but all i can think of is how sorry i feel for the poor sod that basically has to read 10,000 replies that are either *fruitcage*-ing or bringer herself to climax. Seriously what do they expect us to put, watching here eat a biscuit, watching her hammer in a nail, waching her build a stamp collection? No all the men (and the odd lesbian or bisexual woman) is going to put more or less the same answer, all of which involve no clothes and something you can download of the internet of her already doing anyway.

Plus what is her appeal? It is like Paris Hilton too, what is the appeal of them both, i really don't get it, yet i find other airbrushed women hot what is so special about these two?

:P

'FireKnife'

• 3 weeks later...

Now this is just great, my video card crapped out, I got a GF7600 with an almost-dead fan from my neighbor as a replacement, I want something better (GF GTX560) but I'm not likely to afford it.

The air con has been broken in my accommodation here in Camp Bastion for three days, with no sign of repair in sight. Seriously, it's blowing out HOT air so the place is actually hotter than the already searching furnace-like temperatures outside.

It's not funny...

On an unrelated note, things are mostly okay here. Anyone wanting my BFPO address should PM me - but I don't really need anything sending out and have halfway decent internet access.

Spent a lovely evening out with Danielle and her parents, then on the way out of Luton, a BMW with just the NS headlight working coming towards us decided that it couldn't wait to pass a parked car and doing about 50mph in a 30 zone took off Juliet's OS wing mirror.

With Danielle in the car, by the time I turned around the asshat had gotten to the roundabout we'd come from and shot off so I couldn't even get his reg.

julmir.jpg

Thankfully a friend had a spare that I fitted this morning.

Archived