My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having the good old end the the year gloomy depression. No love, no kids, bankrupt, almost 30, living with mom and pop and a nagging ex. Now my boss tells me that every fokin weekend fron january till july he needs me at work, with only 1 day off in the week. This, while i need to finish my home that i probably will have to sell afterwards. The *fruitcage* am I doing on this world? All this because my ex thought it was a good idea to not tell me anything about her feeling mentally ill. Feel like puking.

Still planning on visiting London?

It's a 70" bow, I'm no way gonna be using that indoors.

I got a Nerf lever action gun though. Thats what I shall be dealing out frontier justice with.

pics?

um I need a hug before I murder someone, setting up an offbrand android device for my granddad... its special I cant fit the new sim card because its not a micro, I cant transfer his numbers because his old one isn't a microsim, I cant connect the old to the new via Bluetooth because theres no sim in it and its aparantly disabled without a sim in. I cant plug his old cell into the pc bz its a slightly off size cable (the old Samsung specific microusb that's just a hair off micro spec)

I cant set up his google account because... there's no sim in it and in the AM I have to explain why this hunk of *suitcase* doesn't work to someone who is technically inept but also really condescending when it isn't as simple as expected.

*fruitcage* it, guiness foreign export open, Ecig being chain hit and I am working my way across the world in different whiskey/whisky's.

You can cut the sim down to fit, there's nothing important under the plastic, the guts are all under the metal bit.

Might as well, if it won't fit you'll need another one anyway so it doesn't matter if you *fruitcage* it up....

I get so tired of telling people that their choices are bad choices.
You shouldn't buy this £300 brand new computer because it is an order of magnitude worse that this second had £300 Lenovo.

"But Ginge, the new one has a warranty"

"Yes but it is *suitcase*, the processor in my phone is better"

"But Ginge, the warranty will replace it if it goes wrong"

"Yes but it's wrong to start with, the old Lenovo won't break"

"But Ginge, I don't trust a used computer.  Won't the new one be better?"

"Do you trust me? I say it is good, if you buy it I will personally repair it until you replace it"

"But Ginge, the new one is purple"

"Perhaps but the used Lenovo cost £3000 when it was new and you can feel the quality, the keyboard is fantastic and the parts are all available"

"I think I'll go with the new one, it has free Norton"

<Ginge shoots himself>

Wiring from the boilers isolation switch and the fuse box is 'faulty'. Yay, no heating again. 4 days last week (which resulted in a new pilot light valve and then striping and testing the wiring inside the boiler). But now it's the wiring between the isolation switch and the fuse box.

Oh hello Star Wars battlefront, bye bye kids for the next three days.

Stunt, you won't believe how many customers we supply with Microsoft Surface tablets because they want "a proper working business machine"

Absolute hunks of junks really!

My brother has a Surface Pro, he likes it.

The only convertible tablet/laptop design I like is (ironically) the Dell Duo design.

I think it is clever.

I don't actually like the Lenovo X***T ones

The main reason I don't have a tablet.

I don't need one, I can use keyboard shortcuts to navigate my OS and apps and I have a trackpoint that I can use easily on moving vehicles etc.

Tablets, pointless for me.

I think they're all rather pointless. Especially in the office! One customer lost the power adapted so I had to get in another. £65...

Yeah.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4: £1500

Lenovo W451: £1200

No contest, particularly in a business environment.

I know I can cut the simple but my gran will *badgeress* at me and I can't be *fruitcage* bothered.

I hate people.

You and me both bro.

Archived