My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I thought I wanted a Submariner with tritium but then I don't want to spend thousands on a watch with limited lifespan due to the tritium.

What would be ideal for me is something like a Orient Mako USA II with tritium.  That would be amazing.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After having a look I'll be sticking with the Mondaine. The more I look at it the more I like how simple it is.

I can never bring myself to spend over £300 on a watch. And even then it has to be the perfect one. Not something "good enough"

Now to convince myself that I don't need it with an impending house move, and Christmas, and a friends birthday all before the end of the year

If it has tits or an engine, it's trouble...

Luminox have some good looking watches, but I believe QC dropped. This was a year or two ago, may have been addressed.

As for tritium, it looks good and all, but it wears out, and to me is a gimmick. If it's dark enough to not see the hands and numerals, ie pitch black, tritium is very bright. If it's not pitch black, lume is fine.

Meh, I carry a torch all the time anyway, so I can always check that way :P

Edit, got wood, have a look at nite watches too. A good bit cheaper!

What style are you after?

The chekdisk idea is a decent option actually just gotta get a cable Ehen I get paid. The PITA is when u go into system repair via f8 it doesn't seem to consistently recognise my mouse so I can't access CMD prompt. At this point I will be opening up and cleaning the laptop soon coz of the KB issue and look at doing the mouse buttons at the sane time. Least it BSODing means I have incentive to do it all

I'm hoping the friend with boot disk abd reinstall disc will appear at somepoint today or tomorrow and I'm hoping that I won't need a key on reinstall but who knows with windows.

I just have to rearrange my flat and stuff to fibd a way to get the pc somewhere I can use it and have decent light and stuff need the landlord to get this *fruitcage* chair he put in and get rid. It's *fruitcage* huge where it was originally meant ypu couldn't open the left door of my built in wardrobe and it takes up more space than my chest of drawers. The thing is wider than the door so I can't move it myself blasted thing. I really want it out so I can move the table and have my pc at the end of the bed and just run a long wire for the keyboard . Iv got a really nice bed so I can just use the motor to adjust my position so I'm sat up and maybe bite the bullet and get a hosp style tray table thing.

With the stupid poxy chair gone I could totally then use the HD projector that's in storage.

HMMM arnies poll is a 720HD projector capable of 8 by 6 foot screen size something that would be awesome hooked up to ny desktop"

I have the appropriate cable.

Do you want to borrow it?

Chrome crashed when I booted my computer up this evening, and then Win10 did silly things including multiple reboots, and now it appears it's forgotten it's got a highend (for the time) graphics card capable of more than 1200x1600 resolution and outputting to more than one screen.

I'd forgotten what peasants felt like, with only one screen.... 

how do you all cope?

(also how does I fix pls?)

Edit, got wood, have a look at nite watches too. A good bit cheaper!

What style are you after?

I have seen their stuff, and to be honest thought it was a rip off clone of someone else! Like Lumitime, a very obvious rclone of various Luminox models.

I went for the Mondaine Railway night vision in the end. The authentic Swiss railway train clock, with added Tritium on the hands and hour markers. That will become my daily wear, and I will keep the traser in use for tougher days out like airsoft.

I keep surprising myself at how many times I look at my Traser and find that if I didn't have the light tubes, I wouldn't be able to see what the time is.

I don't like undertaking it causes half the issues you see cause the slow person then can't pull into the lane they need to be when they finally realise. But if it's the only option im all for it..

I usually pull up close behind them dart out around and straight back in really close to them and then slide into the left lane. Usually works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just undertake. Not quickly, but they usually notice and realise why.

In my book I'm driving along minding my own business. Someone going slower in a different lane is not my concern, only going around those in front of me is!

That's quite literally what the highway code says on undertaking I believe - Undertaking is classed as specifically changing lane, accelerating to get past, then changing back. If you're in another lane keeping at the speed limit, it's all good.

This "debate" comes up regularly on the various dashcam groups on Facebook.

I'm of the opinion that moving into the left lane to pass someone is undertaking - illegal - but *staying* in that lane and passing someone going slower than you are is legal.

Others argue differently. Some claim passing on the left is only legal in traffic jams. Others say it's dangerous as the middle lane hog might decide to move left unexpectedly without adequate observation (after all, they're obviously not great drivers). Still others have other ideas...

As I said, personally I think crossing two lanes to overtake on the right then moving back to the left lane is unnecessary, and cutting close in front of them serving violently from right to left is more than a little dangerous.

If I was a traffic officer, I think I'd be more likely to stop someone making violent maneuvers than someone who just sits in lane one and cruises along...

Archived